PU PU Bo3 Tournament - Round 1

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Approved by galbia and Megazard

Welcome to the SM PU Circuit Best of 3 Tournament!

Entering in this seasonal earns you points for an overall PU leaderboard and will go towards your chances to win the coveted PU Circuit Ribbon
ribbon.png
!

Specific Rules:
  • This tournament consists of three formats: BW2 PU, ORAS PU, and SM PU.
  • Before a battle starts, both players will decide on which of the 3 formats they would like to play. At the conclusion of that battle, another generation must be chosen for the next battle by the loser of the first game. This pattern is repeated for the potential third game, in which the remaining unplayed generation will be the tiebreaker.
  • All rounds will be best of three, with each game being played in a different generation.
  • This tournament will be a single elimination tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • To encourage the development of the respective metagames, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, regardless of whether you confirm that your opponent won, your series will be coinflipped unless you can provide replays. We will not disqualify both players, but we will coinflip the series, not because we don't believe that you played, but because the replay rule ensures everyone is on an even playing field, as stated. If you wish for your replays to stay hidden, you may PM them to me instead.
  • PU is a usage based tier. Essentially you can use anything that is not in a higher tier; NU effectively serves as the PU banlist. However, there are several Pokemon banned from PU which are not in NU or a higher tier; aka BL4.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Here's a link back to the resources.

Round 1

Xiri vs. KevinELF
zugubu royale
vs. TJ
Holiano
vs. RyLon
Raseri vs. Pokemon65ash
Hijasu vs. Megazard
Vulpix03
vs. zikam
Arifeen vs. SergioRules
allstarapology
vs. Lextrevis
Kushalos
vs. Robert Alfons
Amphareixon vs. RawMelon
cielbakasan
vs. Aaronboyer
Taskr
vs. EternalSnowman
Mikaav
vs. 5gen
Lugia Proto vs. Dundies
Shadestep vs. amber lamps
Cofaiclus vs. LordST
Ganso vs. Darkinium
Pepeduce vs. Ktütverde
Blitzburgh vs. Plans
Akashi vs. Haund
Shaneghoul vs. Serene Grace
Zesty43 vs. cb aaron judge
EviGaro vs. Tsareentje
GenZeon vs. neomon
Teddeh vs. Alkione
Sam I Yam vs. Go0d
Acsel
vs. Drud
S poi re vs. dibs
Toy Time King vs. Conor3197
Stepchild vs. Mysterious M
Escoffier vs. Ervli
HJAD vs. King Billu

Current subs:

meltdowners
Dj Breloominati♬
zikam
TSR

Deadline is Tuesday, May 15th, at 11pm EST!
Archeops is not legal in SM

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Xiri vs. KevinELF Name I recognize
zugubu royale vs. TJ Tutor and Article Buddy
Holiano vs. RyLon Name I recognize
Raseri vs. Pokemon65ash I'll have you know I voted DNB for Musharna in ZU
Hijasu vs. Megazard I'll have you know MZ voted DNB for Musharna in ZU
Vulpix03 vs. Dr.Delete Don't Recognize either name
Arifeen vs. SergioRules Sorry Sergio but Arifeen is next-level good, best of luck though
allstarapology vs. Lextrevis Teardrop Badge = Leave her opponent in tears
Kushalos vs. Robert Alfons One of 3 HL matches.
Amphareixon vs. RawMelon Glad to have you back buddy
cielbakasan vs. Aaronboyer
Taskr vs. EternalSnowman TSKTSK
Mikaav vs. 5gen This is the 7th Generation. Oh Well
Lugia Proto vs. Dundies I really really really didnt want to predict against Lugia Proto after winning Budget tour. There are only a handful of users I would have predicted against him with, and Dundies is unfortunately one of them. Best of luck though
Shadestep vs. amber lamps Won Fall Seasonal and is a fantastic player
Cofaiclus vs. LordST A force to be reckoned with
Ganso vs. Darkinium Underrated user.
Pepeduce vs. Ktütverde Won Fall Seasonal
Blitzburgh vs. Plans You went FAR in Seasonal, above and beyond anything I expected. Well done!
Akashi vs. Haund Forza Italia
Shaneghoul vs. Serene Grace 2nd of 3 HL Matches
Hira vs. cb aaron judge Name I Recognize
EviGaro vs. Tsareentje Esteemed RU RO
GenZeon vs. neomon Semifinalist for Fall SSNL 3rd HL Match
Teddeh vs. Alkione That was one of the farthest Losers runs I've ever seen. Just overall solid.
Sam I Yam vs. Go0d PU UnOpen winner
Acsel vs. Drud Don't Recognize either name [22:31:20] #Akir: Aaronboyer ill have u know that drud has BW on lockdown and will probably win his match okay
S poi re vs. dibs DIBBERS!
Toy Time King vs. dhaarma Another underrated user
Stepchild vs. Mysterious M Went far in PU First Blood and PU UnOpen
Escoffier vs. Ervli Don't Recognize either name
HJAD vs. King Billu HBAD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)