Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam / Trick

After recently dropping to PU, Choice Specs Jellicent has established itself as one of the tier's strongest wallbreakers, becoming one of only a few Pokemon to achieve S-Rank. With its many notable resistances and immunities, Jellicent is easily able to disrupt key balance and bulky offensive threats such as Mudsdale and Omastar and threaten them out with its unresisted coverage. Jellicent also acts as a fantastic offensive spinblocker against Rapid Spin users such as Specially Defensive Alolan Sandslash. The number of Pokemon that don't mind taking a Choice Specs-boosted Water Spout or Shadow Ball is very few, which is the main contributing factor why Pokemon such as defensive Drampa and Roselia are being reconsidered during teambuilding. Even so, Ice Beam can take them on and round out Jellicent's coverage nicely. Choice Specs Jellicent fits quite snuggly onto many balanced and offensive teams that make use of its superb typing to form solid offensive cores and patch up team weaknesses.

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Tagging yogi because he's a brit and will wake up soon, and also he is the harshest qc member which is what I honestly need for my first fb spotlight

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature (modest is like, way better)
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam / Trick

After recently dropping to PU, Choice Specs Jellicent has established itself as one of the tier's strongest wallbreakers (like. it's one of the few mons to ever be s rank in pu). With its plethora of notable resistances and immunities, Jellicent is easily able to disrupt key balance and bulky offensive threats such as Mudsdale and Assault Vest Crabominable and threaten them out with its nearly unresisted dual STAB coverage (meh, crab pretty much opts for tpunch now in its 4th slot to hit jellicent, so this may be misleading. in a 1v1 scenario jelli is basically crippled or killed)(to be honest, what really resists its stab combo? like sawsbuck ig? i think you can just say unresisted and no one would bat an eye). The number of Pokemon that don't mind taking a Choice Specs-boosted Water Spout or Shadow Ball is very few, which is the main contributing factor why Pokemon such as (defensive, cuz like offensive just isn't switching in really) Drampa, and even Cacturne (cacturne is such a meh choice. like i know it has been discussed but i'd rather you mention roselia over something that has barely even been tested) are being reconsidered during teambuilding. Even so, Ice Beam can take them on and round out Jellicent's coverage nicely. Choice Specs Jellicent fits quite snuggly onto a plethora of balance offensive teams (balance offensive teams? do you mean bulky offense or balance and offensive?), making use of its superb offensive and defensive typing to form solid offensive cores with Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and Stoutland, Steel-types such as Alolan Sandslash and Alolan Dugtrio, or even Grass-types such as Lilligant and Leafeon (this bit is like, utterly pointless unless you cover what they do? just list a few weaknesses and put this bit last please). Lastly, Choice Specs Jellicent is the best offensive spinblocker in the tier, resisting Alolan Sandslash's dual STAB coverage, as well as being fully immune to Hitmonchan's Drain Punch and Kabutops' Liquidation. (disagree, froslass is almost certainly the best hazard blocker in the tier. just briefly mention it spinblocking in an earlier part and remove this last bit. if it was for the defensive set i'd be more inclined to mention this in more detail but you really don't want to face tpunch chan 1v1 or switch into and knock off from kabutops)
Get this done fully and QC 1/1.
yogi-QC-small.gif

btw if you want some replays, because i think they'd be neat to include for once, here's some of jelli putting in some serious work.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-822210147
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-822008191

Last edited:

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Add | Remove
GP 1/1

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam / Trick

After recently dropping to PU, Choice Specs Jellicent has established itself as one of the tier's strongest wallbreakers, becoming one of only a few Pokemon to become achieve S-Rank. With its plethora of many notable resistances and immunities, Jellicent is easily able to disrupt key balance and bulky offensive threats such as Mudsdale and Omastar and threaten them out with its unresisted coverage, (RC) . (period) Jellicent even acting also acts as a fantastic offensive spinblocker against Rapid Spin users such as Specially Defensive Alolan Sandslash. The number of Pokemon that don't mind taking a Choice Specs-boosted Water Spout or Shadow Ball is very few, which is the main contributing factor why Pokemon such as defensive Drampa and Roselia are being reconsidered during teambuilding. Even so, Ice Beam can take them on and round out Jellicent's coverage nicely. Choice Specs Jellicent fits quite snuggly onto a plethora of many balanced and offensive teams, making that make use of its superb typing to form solid offensive cores and patch up team weaknesses.
Aaronboyer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)