PU PU Circuit Playoffs - Round 2

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Congratulations to the Top 8 that made it all the way to Playoffs from the Seasonals, Best of 3, and Ladder tournaments! The Top 8 will now face each other in one final tournament for the coveted PU Ribbon
!

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SM PU tournament.
  • This tournament will be a single elimination tournament.
  • All rounds will be best of three.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, regardless of whether you confirm that your opponent won, your series will be coinflipped unless you can provide replays. We will not disqualify both players, but we will coinflip the series, not because we don't believe that you played, but because the replay rule ensures everyone is on an even playing field, as stated. If you wish for your replays to stay hidden, you may PM them to me instead.
  • PU is a usage based tier. Essentially you can use anything that is not in a higher tier; NU effectively serves as the PU banlist. However, there are several Pokemon banned from PU which are not in NU or a higher tier; aka BL4.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Megazard 6.png
vs
Xiri 7.png

Megazard vs Xiri

Ktutverde 4.png
vs
HJAD 8.png

Ktütverde vs HJAD

Deadline is Sunday, December 23rd, at 11pm EST!
No more extensions!

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Megazard vs Xiri: As this guarantees a Medicham in finals, I am pleased. Xiri had a solid win against Taskr using reliable stuff with a bit of spice (shoutout Reversal Toge), Megazard went through the storm and prevailed in a pretty great series. Still favouring the TL here, as I think he'll have just enough to edge Xiri's fairly solid but somewhat conventional builds.

Ktutverde vs HJAD: Having been on the receiving end of HJAD's tests for a week, I firmly believe he has lost his mind and can't lose this.

(Who am I kidding I just want an Untier Talk finals)

lost in 3 games, knew i shoulda johned!
in all seriousness game 1 was imo a pretty good match with even mu, game 2 i probably had the most god awful mu in circuit history ever and game 3 was still a pretty bad mu but i did have my outs, just didnt play them as well as ktut did his breakers
unfortunate to be ending another PU playoffs with an L, cant seem to get things going towards the ends of these tours; but thank you to the people who tested with me endlessly as well as the community in general, i had fun for the most part, which is rare too.
rooting for bippy, now he has to wave the flag for the tier of untalks :blobsad:
lgi fellads

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Won in 3 vs Hjad, wp and ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-838791168
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-838801580
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-838808163

Idt there is much to say, Hjad uses really often stall and fat mons, but I have to say I didn't expect the first two teams ( omastar vs omastar was the most unlikely matchup I could have expected) , while the last team was more standard stall but with an exeguttor ( ! ) which made it more difficult for raichu and mudsdale to wallbreak. I'm really glad to have had the opportunity to face great PU players, so thank you Pepe and HJAD (even if u didnt like the series or whatever).
Good luck Megazard and Xiri !

Xiri

Solar Vision of Life
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
RBTT Champion
I had a feeling Megazard would be out for blood after what happened last seasonals so I'm not really surprised I lost. I was a little lazy with preparation this week after being bombarded with work irl so its probably natural I lost. Nevertheless, I had fun and I'm glad I made it this far after my rather poor performance in PUPL. I have played multiple tiers over the years and I can confidently say PU is one of my favorites. I can't really describe it properly but its got something which other tiers don't.
Thanks to all the tours room goons for supporting me and hopefully I can do better next year. Good luck to both the remaining players! I'll be looking forward to the finals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)