PU PU Fall Seasonal - Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PU_Seasonal.jpg
Welcome to this SM PU Circuit Seasonal! Entering in this seasonal earns you points for an overall PU leaderboard and will go towards your chances to win the coveted PU Circuit Ribbon!

Specific Rules:

• This is a standard SM PU tournament.
  • This tournament will be a double elimination tournament.
  • If you drop out of the tournament immediately after losing in winner's bracket, you will be banned from future PU circuit tournaments, and potentially risk being infracted.
  • All rounds will be best of three.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, regardless of whether you confirm that your opponent won, your series will be coinflipped unless you can provide replays. We will not disqualify both players, but we will coinflip the series, not because we don't believe that you played, but because the replay rule ensures everyone is on an even playing field, as stated. If you wish for your replays to stay hidden, you may PM them to me instead.
  • PU is a usage based tier. Essentially you can use anything that is not in a higher tier; NU effectively serves as the PU banlist. However, there are several Pokemon banned from PU which are not in NU or a higher tier; aka BL4.
Standard Rules and Clauses:

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
General Tournament Rules:

• Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Winners:

Kink
vs. toinha
Hamhamhamham vs. HJAD
Pepeduce vs. zben
LordST vs. Teddeh
Bouff vs. lockjaw
The Thunderbirds vs. gum
Pohjis vs. Skipkan
Raiza vs. LuluDzn

Losers:

robjr
vs. Many
Lambovino
vs. TJ
Taskr vs. PTF
tlenit1
vs. Vaboh
Megazard vs. Randomnick
zoowi
vs. winner of (Nichiru vs yandaud)
Sensei Axew vs. hjkhj
tom holland vs. kythr

Deadline is Sunday, October 6th, at 11pm EST!

Last edited:
winners bracket

kink vs toinha - kink is epic in other tiers, and has not disappointed me yet. decent edge
hamhamhamham vs HJAD - I don't have a reason to predict against HJAD yet, even though hamhamhamham will be probably as difficult of an opponent if not more challenging than jonago was. small edge to HJAD because he is the favorite still.
Pepeduce vs zben - Pepeduce is supposed to be good, and zben I just simply do not know very well. he could be good but i just do not know so, small edge to Pepeduce
LordST vs Teddeh - This is Teddeh's hardest match in his run so far. LordST has proven to be one of the best winners bracket players at this point, but being vs Teddeh makes it hard to get bolded since Teddeh is a PU open finalist. Small edge to Teddeh, but if he doesn't try LordST will exploit that and win, or LordST could just completely prove me wrong and just play better. Again though, logically Teddeh should have the edge.
Bouff vs lockjaw - I think this series will be close. lockjaw is on the pu circuit sheet with some points, while Bouff is just known to be a good player. Giving the small edge to lockjaw because he has proven tour success in this tier, but I can easily see Bouff winning too.
The Thunderbirds vs gum - I have zero reason to not bold gum here. I know gum to be one of the best players in PU, and even tho he will not agree with me and tell me I am overhyping him, it is just big facts and I think gum will be in the winners bracket majority of this tour.
Pohjis vs Skipkan - okay by far skip has had the most impressive pu seasonal run in this tour so far, beating multiple notable players. He has the small edge here even though Pohjis is pohjis. I think pohjis can win, but I cannot bold his name here since skip has proven to be the player to beat this tour. Pohjis will have a chance too if skip brings the wrong thing to win matchup-wise, as skip has been going for matchup-wins this tour. It has been working.
Raiza vs LuluDzn - I know Lulu is good, so i can definitely see this being close. However, I also know Raiza is one of the most dangerous players in the winners bracket now, and I would only bold few people over him. Decent edge here.

losers bracket

robjr vs Many - one of the closer games in the loser's bracket this week, I still think robjr has a decent edge as he has proven himself in the past, and also in the present by beating Rexus last week. Many needs to be on top of his game, but if he is he could cause an upset.
Lambovino vs TJ - this already happened but i would've picked this anyways because TJ is really good and has proven it this tour too.
Taskr vs PTF - I love PTF however he got the best player in the loser's bracket, Taskr. I fully expect Taskr to go to at LEAST semis in losers bracket, if not farther.
tlenit1 vs vaboh - yea tlenit1 will be more likely to win this he is too good , there are a couple people I would bold over him but not vaboh. pretty strong edge.
Megazard vs randomnick - Megazard brought heat and played well last week, i expect great things
zoowi vs (nichiru vs yandaud) - small edge to zoowi, i'm fought him a couple times and have been impressed
Sensei axew vs hjhjk - Sensei has been working really hard this tour and from the games i've played with him he should have the edge here. I hope to see Sensei Axew go really far this tour.

good luck to all!

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So drops just hit and some stuff moved around. This round will be based on the previous meta before the shift, so that means including froslass and quagsire while excluding torterra.

Please play all matches in the Gen7 UU format to accommodate. You can expect that the drops will be legal in the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)