Tournament PU Ghosting Tournament (Won by spekulatios)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OP stolen and edited from Eyan

It is no secret that PU has been working towards becoming a core metagame. We have a decently sized playerbase that has been successful in tournament play. We have plenty of good resources and good tournaments. Our PS room is heavily populated. The only difference is that PU does not really have many - if any - cheating scandals. That is why we have come to this conclusion: We need more cheating. Clearly that is the only thing holding us back! We are too honest of a playerbase to be a core metagame! So, in order to teach you all how to properly cheat, here we present the 1st PU Ghosting Tour!

Tournament-specific Rules
  • No disallowing of spectators for easy ghosting and scouting
  • No timer (Ask a mod to turn off timer on smogtours), although for this reason, it's probably better to play on PS! main. This allows you time to discuss strategy during the battle, but if you timerstall your opponent on purpose, with no evidence to the contrary, I reserve the right to disqualify your team. This rule drags the battles out by a lot, so make sure you have enough time when scheduling.
  • 3 members maximum are allowed per team, with 2 being the minimun. It is advised to only form teams within the same or similar timezones to avoid scheduling issues, though not a rule. You may sign up as a team with all three members confirming or alone as a free agent to be picked up by someone. PU has opted for smaller teams to hopefully reduce the clunky nature of scheduling with 10 people at once.
  • Whoever posts the team roster will be the team captain. Captains will be in charge of organizing team members, providing the opposing captain with available times, and making sure the team gets the battle done in a timely manner. Also pick a team name, or I will pick one for you and I am awful at naming things.
  • If you do not have a team, feel free to sign up as a free agent and I will assign you to a team of other free agents. If you sign up as a free agent, you must put 'free agent' in your signup post and post your timezone. This makes it much easier for me to sort through the signups and make free agent teams.
  • Gen7 PU Single Elimination Best-of-1: You must post logs of your battle and your ghosting in the thread of the respective round. Ghosting in call is also allowed as long as someone records it and uploads it (ideally youtube). (You will notice that the ghosting logs are by far the best part of this tournament, so it'd be a shame for them not to be available to everyone) Failure to post logs of ghosting will result in a coinflip. Losers do not need to post logs, but it would be great if you did as they are always fun to read.

Signups end on October 8th!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)