Project PU Next Best Thing [Thanks, Everyone!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
1515456686878.png

Eelektross @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

So sub Eel has been suggested a couple times now but I feel that this set allows it to annoy and break a lot of fatter balance teams. Lanturn is an issue for all Eels but, with this set you can always sub on the switch and get a free Knock off. The coverage allows it to hit pretty much everything in the tier for at least neutral damage. Missing out on Giga Drain sucks as you cant break Palossand as easily, but Flamethrower still does respectable damage (28.6 - 33.9%). In conclusion I honestly like this set better than the standard AV set and I hope to see it run a bit more!

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was too broken for NDUbers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
So here's a random set I've been screwing around with...

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 216 HP / 196 Atk / 96 Spe
Brave Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

The idea of this mixed set is to be able to deal with Pokemon such as Oricorio-Sensu, with enough Attack investment to 2HKO with Shadow Sneak, while not having as much trouble against physically bulky Pokemon such as Weezing thanks to Dark Pulse. It has enough Speed to creep Gastrodon, so it can use Taunt before it tries to Toxic or Recover (I also added some more Speed so it could creep Gurdurr, cuz why not). Finally, it has Will-O-Wisp so it can better deal with things like Hitmonchan.

A variant with 188 HP / 192 Atk / 32 SpA / 96 Spe works pretty much the same way, just with max HP recovery from Leftovers, and the EVs taken out of HP put into Special Attack. I haven't done too many calcs with it, but the Special Attack does guarantee the 3HKO on non-Black Sludge Weezing, which I guess is nice.

Last edited:

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
1516480472958.png

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute

You can sub up on things like defensive Mesprit, Scarf Ape, and Band Passimian. This thing can be really tough to kill since you can even PP stall with Pressure. Wisp is always an option over Shadow ball but being able to hit Gurdurr for neutral is pretty huge. The 44 speed is also for Gurdurr as knock only goes 22.4 - 26.5, giving you a free sub (unless they get some lucky rolls.) In all honesty I dont think this set is better than the standard pursuit trapping set, or the rest cm but, it does allow Spiritomb to be a much bigger offensive threat because of the dual stab.

Glad no one snatched this set before I got the chance to post.

Spiritomb @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot
- Snatch

Essentially a poor mans Cofagrigus, Z-Snatch + Nasty Plot Spiritomb can be a threat to most any unprepared team. Z-Snatch gives Spirit a +2 boost to its speed stat, allowing it to outspeed every unboosted mon (bar ninjask and voltorb) in the tier. Nasty Plot helps Spiritomb in cleaning and breaking past mons like Weezing and Sableye even if a speed boost isn't needed. Spiritomb is running Shadow Ball for STAB and HP Fighting to make for psuedo perfect coverage. Max speed and SpAtk are used to give Spirit the maximum amount of offensive presence after boosts since its bulk is already decent without investment. Spiritomb can setup on a myriad of mons including but not limited to: SR Mesprit, Sableye, Gurdurr, Weezing, Hitmonchan, Primeape, Claydol, and a slew of others as Snatch can allow for reverse sweeps or the stealing of an opponents recovery move both before and after setup of Z moves and/or Nasty Plots.

192+ Atk Gurdurr Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Spiritomb: 60-71 (24.8 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
+2 252 SpA Spiritomb Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gurdurr: 238-282 (63.6 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Weezing Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Spiritomb: 39-47 (16.1 - 19.5%) -- possible 6HKO
+2 252 SpA Spiritomb Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Weezing: 274-324 (82 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 SpA Spiritomb Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Sableye: 289-342 (95.3 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Sableye Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Spiritomb: 52-63 (21.5 - 26.1%) -- 3.3% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Spiritomb Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mesprit: 198-234 (65.7 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mesprit Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Spiritomb: 79-94 (32.7 - 39%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
spiritomb.gif

Spiritomb @ Mago Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Standard tomb (idk people use some stuff over foul play point is ignore the moveset part) but mago is just a better item than lefties to the point where this almost feels like cheating. lefties just doesn't give you enough back for the things you want to pivot into, mago keeps this healthier for longer in a relevant way. You can also substitute any other non-confusing pinch berry in there but w/e
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-690539555 this game was a lot of fun and also shows off mago tomb coming back around to check hitmonchan when twix assumed he could just freely spin on it
also I edited the title because it still said this was the eel round

Offensive Pain Split

Spiritomb @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Pain Split
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Shadow Sneak

This Spiritomb focuses its attention on cutting the opposing pokemon's HP with Pain Split, and then proceeds to KO the opponent with a STAB priority move (Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch).
An Adamant nature is mandatory with such a low Spe; max HP in order to survive one or two hits after LO recoil because a base 50 HP is low even if fully invested.
Foul Play is a filler move that punishes physical attackers when they set up in front of this Ghost.

tondas

YOU DONT WANT NO PROBLEMS YOU JUST TALKING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
are we gonna start a new week?

also vote goes to zard since that set is tried and tested and works really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)