Tournament PU Official Roomtours II (won by Ktutverde)

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
If you have won a tournament, please look through the "current standings" tab on the OP to make sure that your main and any alts you may have used are properly credited. I have attempted to keep up with all of it, but some may have fallen through the cracks.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
As there is only 1 more official tournament left, I wanted to answer some FAQs:

1. Are the playoffs going to be seeded?

Yes. More points = better seed. Otherwise there would be no point in farming points.

2. If 2 people tie for 8th, what will happen?

Qualifier round, before finals start. This will decide the final 8.

3. What's the format going to be?

Each round will be SM PU, Best of 3. Single elimination.

4. May I get a bye?

No.

5. Since this tournament will be seeded, does that mean that there will be an actual tournament bracket that can be followed?

Actually yes! I will post the tournament bracket as soon as the playoffs formally start.

6. When do the playoffs start?

The playoffs, or alternatively any qualifying rounds, will start May 2nd as stated in the OP.

7. Hey! I have an alt that also has points!

This is your last chance to prove this then. Verify that it's your alt as you would in a voting thread, and I will add your points together.

Any other questions feel free to PM me

Akir

A true villain!
Playoffs Round 1:

Ktütverde vs tafugu
GenZeon vs Sir Kay
Sam I Yam vs zoowi
New Light vs Darkinium

Deadline is Thursday, May 10th, at 11pm EST!

Congrats to these 8 qualifiers! Seeds were decided by how many points were accumulated. Bracket can be viewed here: https://challonge.com/puplayoffs (for those who like to predict, that website allows you to)

Rules:
Each match will be SM PU.
Each match is best-of-3.
Single Elimination.
Replays are mandatory. If there is no replay than the match did not happen.

• Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

And thanks to everyone for making these tournaments such a success! Shoutouts to the staff for making it happen, and thanks to everyone who participated!

Last edited:

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
implying it wont happen :blobthinking:

EDIT: nvm MZ informed that it literally cant happen rip

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)