Project PU Player Of The Week - Haund (Week 13)

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Favorite Pokemon: Piloswine
Most used Pokemon: Clefairy
Most known for: Exquisite memes, Italian, PU Room Mod
TJ: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself outside of Smogon?
Haund: Im 21, italian, studying econ&management, graduating in June if stuff doesnt happen. Unlike on Discord/online, irl im way more cool calm and collected. In my free time i play Dota 2 with my fellow n***a LuckOverSkill (s/o to Brambane Pidge Style_Dota stofil snickeor and the others!)

TJ: Where did you get your name from?
Haund: Nothing in particular whatsoever. It's the name i used on a game i used to play and when i registered to smogon i didnt bother finding a new one. Im pretty sure it didn't mean anything on the other game either... Ive considered changing it by all my proposals have been vetoed by the nazi mods. Sad!

TJ: How and when did you get into the PU community?
Haund: Around the ORAS Vigoroth/Exeggutor suspect. I remember being like 2-3 suspect tests at the same time so I was just trying out new tiers. I didn't get reqs for the suspect (did for the RU one though :thinking:) but pu was the tier i enjoyed most. Plus galbia was italian soooo.....

TJ: What are your thoughts on the current Magmortar suspect test?
Haund: Imma be 100% honest and say that I had altaria on every single team and not all good players (tm) used to run hp ice, so i wasnt the biggest hater before. however since that i've played a more im not enthusiast about having to trash one pokemon almost every time it switches in just so that i can revenge kill it. ironically enough i dont even think magmortar is the biggest issue right now, id rather deal with some dinosaur rock bird before...

TJ: Whats your favorite generation and playstyle to use in PU?
Haund: I started playing in ORAS and i played it intensively so id go with that. not a fan of older older tiers but bw can be enjoyable to watch. sm is a bit meh because im not personally a fan of z moves in general. as to the playstyle, im not a stall player and i dont like hyper offense that much unless its some of g's weird shit, so id go for more balanced builds.

TJ: Whats your advice towards newer players trying to get involved?
Haund: As always, the PS room is the place to start everything, even moreso than discord. If you're totally new to the tier it's the easiest way to get information about the tier. Be sure to have a look at the threads on the forum firs though, just to have an idea what we're talking about. Discord should be the go-to way to get into the community rather than the tier (i.e: knowing the people that play the tier). It's fast, easy, and accessible. The reason why i think the PS room is better than Discord for newcomers in regard to starting playing is because the sm pu channel, ive noticed, tends to deal with more specific issues rather than general talk

TJ: Who do you look up to / admire most in the community?
Haund: galbia obvious answer. the one you can always turn to for whatever issue and he will always have an answer. Anty managed not to fuck up everything during his short reign so yea. i actually admire most of the current staff/council like Dibs The Dreamer and HJAD because i saw them grow from "nothing" to where they are now, since ive been around for longer than most. also i miss Dundies @leru and false :blobsad:

TJ: Who do you think will win Seasonal?
Haund: Pepeduce, y'all nibbas aren't even close lol

TJ: If you had to unban anything from BL4 what would it be and why?
Haund: i think i'd unironically free samurott. looks like the less problematic of the bunch and i dont want to have z-whatever it was charizard ptsd

TJ: Funniest PU user?
Haund: LordST is like mini-me, i think he figured out the subreddits i take my memes from by now. soft spot for HJAD :) and the italians, but the community as a whole is pretty friendly and funny in general, which is a good thing!

TJ: Favorite Food / Drink?
Haund: What italian doesn't say pizza? So im going with that. With drink i *assume* (who's over 21 anyway) non-alcoholic beverage so lemon ice tea

TJ: Finally, can you provide us a team with a brief explanation of how it works?
Haund:

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Jynx @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

i built this for someone during exhibition. overall slow-ish and struggles a bit in the current meta (if magmortar gets out of hand turn 3 it's tough) but it's definitely something that mirrors what kind of team i'd use​

Thanks for your time! As always, if you guys have any questions feel free to ask them below! :blobthumbsup:

No shout out f you loli hunter!

Fave reveal when?
Die
Rank: Ugliest PUer, sexiest PUer, and what does PU stand for?
anty
i do not possess enough information for that
Put the bourgeois Under control

favourite alcoholic drink?
If you was in a burning building and you could only save either yogibears or your favourite mug, would you have coffee or tea afterwards?
best place to go in Italy?
only thing i cant drink more than a sip of is pure jager. horrible
id save yogi and enslave him to make me tea for the rest of his life
venice obv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)