Project PU Player Of The Week - Specs Jigglypuff (Week 16)

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Favorite Pokemon: Jigglypuff
Most used Pokemon: Mesprit
Most known for: Most known for: PU Driver, being a good chat presence, helping people out, doing Youtube, (hopefully) being a nice person
TJ: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself outside of Smogon?
Specs Jigglypuff: Outside of Smogon Im currently a high school student in grade 12. I also coach baseball for kids around 9-11 years old. I'm really into baseball, so I try to go to a Blue Jays game about once a week.

TJ: Cool. Where did you get your name from?
Specs Jigglypuff: I had been watching some showdown youtubers who would use alts during their videos. Their account names were based off of really bad sets (eg. LO Shedinja.) I wanted to make a name based on that kind of thing. So I took my favourite Item: Choice Specs, and mixed it with my favourite pokemon (who happens to be bad): Jigglypuff. And I got Specs Jigglypuff

TJ: What do you like most about the PU community and what do you think we can do to improve?
Specs Jigglypuff: There might be some bias here, but I believe we are really inclusive. We also are really good at helping people in the chat improve, whether that be with team building or meta knowledge. Something we could work on is doing more things similar to the official room tours. Where there is something to work for in the room. The official room tours brought of a lot of great friendly competition, and it was great to see.

TJ: Who will win Seasonal?
Specs Jigglypuff: Gonna go with my boy HJAD. He has proved to be a top player for sure. He's also a great guy so I'm hoping to see him win.

TJ: Do you think Aurorus deserves a suspect test?
Specs Jigglypuff: Not at the moment. I could see it deserving one in the future, but I think for now we should just chill and see how it does if/when Archeops is gone. I wouldnt be sad if it did get suspected though.

TJ: Do you plan on uploading more PU content on your Youtube channel?
Specs Jigglypuff: Of course! I enjoy uploading a lot, and I have the most fun with PU so its a good combination. Hopefully my uploads help people get into playing the tier at a higher level. If anyone has any ideas for what they want to see (when it comes to PU) let me know.

TJ: Who are some of your favourite people in the PU community?
Specs Jigglypuff: Off the top of my head: TJ, UberSkitty, Aaronboyer, allstarapology, Darkinium, Jmash324, GeneralAnnoyance, Sir Kay, ShuckleDeath, LordST, love chants, & Akir. Those are the people I talk to on a (for the most part) daily basis. Sorry if I missed anybody n_n

TJ: What’s one piece of advice you’d give to someone trying to get into PU?
Specs Jigglypuff: Watching high level gameplay is so helpful. If you dont understand some plays, you could even ask the people playing after the match. But in general, watching good players will help you a ton when it comes to what kind of teams are good, and what counters what.

TJ: Favorite PU Oldgen?
Specs Jigglypuff: Akir meta dpp PU. It features a lot of mons that I like, and a lot of battles come down to speed creeping. Which is very entertaining. It was also great helping out during it's very early days.

TJ: What's your favorite food of all time?
Specs Jigglypuff: Salt and Vinegar chips.

TJ: What other games do you play in your free time?
Specs Jigglypuff: Super smash flash 2, Bloons td battles, and some LoL (but im shit pls help me dibs.)

TJ: Celebrity crush?
Specs Jigglypuff: Molly brazy.

TJ: Funniest PU user? Cringiest?
Specs Jigglypuff: LST's memes on discord always make me laugh, but some of them are bad. So he gets both :blobuwu:

TJ: Finally, can you provide us a team that you think reflects your current playstyle, with a brief explanation of how it works?
Specs Jigglypuff:

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

Pyroar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Revelation Dance

Admittedly it's not the best team in the world, but it does fit my playstyle of making the right predictions and punishing your opp for it. It starts off with Abomasnow as my scarfer, which is amazing against offense. Absol appreciates chip on things like clefairy so they make a decent offensive core. Mesprit is obviously a fighting check and gives the team some nice slow momentum, and rocks which is a given. Hitmonchan is a solid special sponge, which the team doesnt do so well against otherwise. Pyroar also is there to break teams, while also giving it some nice speed outside of scarf snow. It also appreciates getting in for free. Finally, Sensu is my nuke. It shines against bulkier teams. Which the team struggles to do once either Absol or Pyroar go down. Offense if my favorite playstyle and I think this team shows off some of the offensive mons PU has to offer.

Thanks for your time! As always, if you guys have any questions feel free to ask them below! :blobthumbsup:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I thought we were friends Specs..... :'(
Anyway, ( :] )
Are you UberSkitty's brother?
ADV PU or gen2 NU?
Do you plan to make vids during official tournaments? I don't remember if other poketubers do it but watching PU on YT where you aren't beating a mono-Horse team would be interesting.

See you soon :]

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Thoughts on being most known for "Most known for"?
feels great

When will we collab on YT? Surely it will be lit.
Hmu on discord, we could definitely make that happen :]

I thought we were friends Specs..... :'(
Anyway, ( :] )
Are you UberSkitty's brother?
ADV PU or gen2 NU?

Do you plan to make vids during official tournaments? I don't remember if other poketubers do it but watching PU on YT where you aren't beating a mono-Horse team would be interesting.

See you soon :]
Skitty is my pet
Adv PU >. Even if I have no idea how the meta works
I'll definitely consider doing that during the next official tours thing. Tho there are some bad teams in the official tours as well.
Thanks for the questions! :)

you left my good buddy yogi out of your s/o section, smh.

any particular drop(s) you're hoping for?
Sorry yogi D:
I would love to see Altaria back, it was a pretty splashable mon. While also being a great check to the most common Kingler set! As for new mons: Froslass is something that I would be interested in getting. An offensive spiker would be amazing to have, while also having great utility in Wisp and D-bond. Not to mention some speed control for offense with Icy Wind. Lastly, Hitmontop would be a great addition to the tier. Hazard control is honestly pretty lacking imo. With intim it could check some scary mons like Gurdurr, Kanga, Lycanroc, Skunk, ect. I'm hoping low ladder NU stops using Hitmontop :[.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)