SM PU PU Regenerator Stall (Peaked #1)

So I've been getting a bunch of people asking for this team recently, and I think I'm just about done using it, so I figured I'd make an RMT. I've been using this team for a few months in a bunch of different variations, but the consistent core has been the 3 Regenerator mons and Pyukumuku. The goal of this team is pretty simple: chip the other team down while keeping your own hp high through Audino's Wishes and the fact that half of the team recovers 33% of its health when it switches out.

Teambuilding

So I got pretty high on the UU ladder with a stall team relying on the Regenerator synergy between Alomomola and Amoongus, and I wanted to try that strategy out in other tiers. PU seemed like the obvious fit, with three (semi) viable Regenerator Pokemon in Tangela, Audino, and Corsola.
1536341302332.png
1536341321977.jpeg

I started testing the team with these three mons and some filler, and knew I needed something to deal with setup sweepers that could outright KO my regenerator mons. I tried Ditto, but found way more success running Pyukumuku, who is way easier to switch in.

1536341302332.png
1536341321977.jpeg

Eventually I found that the biggest weakness of this team was Spikes and Toxic Spikes, which severely limited my switching and stalling respectively. To kill two birds with one stone and also check Lilligant, I added Silvally-Poison.

1536341302332.png
1536341321977.jpeg

For the last slot, I tried probably about a dozen different Pokemon including but not limited to: Curse Sliggoo, Munchlax, Avalugg (seriously), Bulk up Turtonator, and even some actually viable mons. Eventually I settled on Hitmonchan, which provides some semblance of offensive pressure as well as Rapid Spin support and priority in Mach Punch.
1536341302332.png
1536341321977.jpeg

This is the current iteration of the team, but the last two slots are honestly kinda flexible as long as you have a Poison type. You can use things like Drampa for wallbreaking, Scarf Togedarmu for revenge killing, or really whatever your heart desires.

The Team
1536342116339.jpeg

Corsola (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

So I don't want to insinuate that Corsola is actually good in any other capacity, but it is absolutely fantastic at doing its job on this team. It basically takes 70% from a strong move, sets up rocks, and pivots out. Rinse and repeat. It also switches in freely to things like Mesprit and Skuntank to set up Rocks and spread status. Rocky Helmet is to eat U-Turns, since Corsola is rarely in long enough to need Leftovers in addition to Recover and Regenerator. I prefer physically defensive on this variant, but specially defensive is very much usable depending on your last two team slots.

Audino (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell

PU Chansey, except worse. Knock Off is nice to have, although I suppose you could run Toxic if you really want to.
1536342559087.jpeg

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

Are you a Physical Attacker? Have you not Knocked Off my Eviolite? Congrats! I'm going to wall you! Half of my answer to physical attackers alongside Pyukumuku, Tangela is my default switch in into basically anything that doesn't have a setup move. Leech Seed is also really nice to deal with Restalk users like CroTomb, as it whittles them down quicker.

1536342742724.png

Pyukumuku (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soak
- Recover
- Counter

Puke's job is pretty simple. It switches in and laughs at any boosting sweeper that cant hit it super effectively and isn't Zangoose (but that's why we have Counter. Also because Substitute exists). I try to switch it in off of a Wish as much as possible, because boosting sweepers will frequently come in on Audino and try to break through my walls.

1536342918617.jpeg

Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Toxic
- Roar

Absorbs Toxic Spikes and checks Lilligant specifically and Grass types in general. If the other team doesnt have anything that it specifically beats, I'll often just use it to spread Toxic until it dies. You can run TBolt over Roar to beat Qwilfish, but that comes at the expense of losing to Substitute sweepers that can 2hko Puke like Oricorio.

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 244 HP / 212 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Standard AV Chan, but I run less speed and more Attack because I don't really care about outspeeding things like Aurorus. Rapid Spin is nice, but Hitmonchan isn't crazy important to the core of the team unless it's against a Hail team or I need to Mach Punch something. I will pretty much always trade its life to remove hazards or dent something scary on the opposing team.

Threatlist

Red is highly threatening, Yellow means I have to play around it. Anything I haven't listed isn't much of a threat to the team, or I just forgot about it.

Oricorio - SubCM Oricorio-E in particular almost single handedly sweeps me. I almost have to Toxic/Leech Seed/Sleep Powder it on the switch in or else I have to outplay it's Z move and Phaze it with Silvally. Definitely the biggest threat to the team.

Zangoose/Ursaring- Zangoose and Ursaring have to be outplayed by Tangela and Pyukumuku's Counter. Becomes especially difficult if partnered with Healing Wish, but becomes much easier if I can Knock Off on the switch to deny boosted Facades.

Lilligant- Also has to be outplayed by some combination of Silvally and Hitmonchan. If it doesn't have Bloom Doom, Puke can trade its life to Toxic it, which is almost always worth it because I can then stall it out with Audino.

Aggron- CB Aggron is tough to deal with since it can outrun and 2HKO Tangela after Rocks. Knock off makes it much easier to deal with, however.

Lycanroc- SD Z move Lycanroc can seriously threaten my team if either one of Tangela/Pyukumuku is weakened. I have to keep them alive and keep Tangela's Eviolite if I see Lycanroc on the enemy team

Spikes- Less of a big deal now that I have Hitmonchan on the team, but Spikes severely hurt my ability to constantly switch, which is what this team wants to do.

Ludicolo- Audino can usually stall out the rain, but rain-boosted Hydro Pumps still hurt quite a bit. Knocking Off its Life Orb is very important, and Toxic on the switch from Corsola also shuts it down.

Conclusion

That's pretty much the team. I find it super interesting to play and manage the heath bars of all of your mons, but obviously stall isn't for everyone. Feel free to suggest any changes or any threats that I missed, and go right ahead if you want to try the team yourself.

Pyukumuku (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soak
- Recover
- Counter

EVs: 244 HP / 212 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Audino (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell

Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Toxic
- Roar

Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

Tangela @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

Attachments

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay so, this team is rather abstract and I really can't think of a direct team member change without removing Corsola and ruining the entire vibe that this team has going for itself, so I'm just going to make a few small suggestions.

Firstly, I'd 100% run Poisonium Z on Pyukumuku. Right now the absolute number one threat to your team is both Bulky Froslass and Bulky Taunt Oricorio-Sensu. Both absolutely dominate your team and use Pyukumuku as set up fodder, without you being able to do much in return. Using Z Toxic at least gives you a chance in this match up, even if it is prediction reliant.

Secondly, Thunder Punch is more preferred on Hitmonchan. While you put Spikes as not being too troublesome, a well-played Qwilfish can also essentially 6-0 when:
  1. All your Pokemon are grounded and susceptible to Spikes.
  2. Both your Hazard removers have an almost impossible match-up versus it.
Thunder Punch neutrally hits Froslass too which is, as I explained earlier, also a massive pain for this team to actually deal with.

Lastly, considering you mention Aggron as being an issue for the team to deal with, I'd highly recommend running enough Speed on Hitmonchan to deal with the Jolly variants. This also slightly eases up the Aurorus match-up too, as to rely solely on Audino to deal with it can be troublesome if it freezes you.

Pyukumuku (F) @ Poisonium Z
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soak
- Recover
- Counter

EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

Audino (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell

Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- Toxic
- Roar

Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

Tangela @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

Hope I helped bud!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)