approved by Megazard
Welcome to the first SM PU Circuit Seasonal. Entering in this seasonal earns you points for an overall PU leaderboard and will go towards your chances to win the coveted PU Circuit Ribbon
- This is a standard SM PU tournament.
- This tournament will be a double elimination tournament.
- If you drop out of the tournament immediately after losing in winner's bracket, you will be banned from future PU circuit tournaments, and potentially risk being infracted.
- All rounds will be best of three.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
- To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, regardless of whether you confirm that your opponent won, your series will be coinflipped unless you can provide replays. We will not disqualify both players, but we will coinflip the series, not because we don't believe that you played, but because the replay rule ensures everyone is on an even playing field, as stated.
- PU is a usage based tier. Essentially you can use anything that is not in a higher tier; NU effectively serves as the PU banlist. However, there are several Pokemon banned from PU which are not in NU or a higher tier; aka BL4.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
- Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
- Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
- OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
- Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
- Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
- Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
- Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Anty vs. amber lamps
zoowi vs. Teddeh
zben vs. Amane Misa
Jeffis vs. Harpp
SOMALIA vs. roman
(loser of Arcobaleno vs. Inferno Monferno) vs. (loser of Xiri vs. LordST)
Alpha Rabbit vs. (loser of Drud vs Havens)
aybekay vs. lhce628
gz vs. Mysterious M
Megazard vs. Toy Time King
HaxBro.K vs. Hubriz
(winner of Hijasu vs. Aaronboyer) vs. Conor3197
Splashbrutha vs. Moosical
Ktütverde vs. Plans
PranksterCat vs. Specs Jigglypuff
SergioRules vs. neomon
Lakeredman vs. S poi re
Blitzburgh vs. Escoffier
Dundies vs. (loser of King Billu vs. Kiyo)
Plas vs. Magearna8000
tonithetourguide vs. Arifeen
KingOfKingsKevin vs. Pepeduce
allstarapology vs. cb aaron judge
Robert Alfons vs. Drowsy Drowzee
Deadline for Round 3 is Sunday 15th July at 12 midnight gmt+1
Deadline for Round 2 extensions is Thursday 12th July 12 midnight gmt+1
Also no shifts for this round, the meta is the exact same as Round 2.