Tournament PUPL IV - Finals (Won by Pikas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PUPL

The deadline for this week will occur on Sunday, August 5th, 11:59 PM EST (Monday, August 6th, 3:59 AM GMT). Extensions will be given if needed, but only if a time is already established. The main source of communication are expected to be from VMs, so make use of those when contacting opponents.

Please save the replays/logs of your matches and post them in this thread or they will be considered null. Not only do they add some enjoyment for the spectators and verify matches, but they can also be used for discussions pertaining to metagame development, among other things.

Managers, if you're issuing substitutes of players, be sure to post here explaining the details and I'll update accordingly. All substitute requests are subject to veto, so bear that in mind.

While not required, it's highly recommended that you submit your teams to me, as they help greatly in dealing with cases where a disconnection occurs.

Marowak_XY.gif
vs
pikachu-kantocap.gif

Marxist Marowaks (3) vs Team Boku no Pika (5)
SM: Dundies vs snagaa
SM: Pepeduce vs Robert Alfons
SM: Kingler12345 vs LordST
SM: Arifeen vs lax
ORAS: Mysterious M vs Rodriblutar
ORAS: Raiza vs robjr
BW: amber lamps vs Finchinator
DPP: MiyoKa vs Chrisloud1

Last edited by a moderator:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Marxist Marowaks vs Team Boku no Pika
SM: Dundies vs snagaa - Dundies has been pretty hot lately judging by the number of times he has linked his win posts recently, whereas snagaa lost to jarii. Definitely has potential to go eitherway
SM: Pepeduce vs Robert Alfons - Fagtron has had the better tour so far and I think will be good at punishing the creative stuff pepe uses
SM: Kingler12345 vs LordST - LST uses post tier shift teams so has a bit of an advantage, but he also likes scyther so who knows. However he seems more in touch with the meta from what ive seen
SM: Arifeen vs lax - lax has been on the rise all tour but arifeen has been more consistent and had hard ops. Probably will be the closest SM
ORAS: Mysterious M vs Rodriblutar - Hard to go against rodri here. Has one of the best all team records and steals great teams.
ORAS: Raiza vs robjr - yet to see Raiza in ORAS yet (last week doesn't count) and he hasn't had the opportunity to show his peak as a player this tour but he clearly is solid, and rob has been very competent at ORAS. Probably the closest game, would give raiza the slight edge but he bought ninjask last week (since I’m 3/3 rn gonna say Rob takes this one as a predict)
BW: amber lamps vs Finchinator - Comes down to who hits with combusken :shrug:. finch is favourite here as a overall a more solid player with pretty much equal meta knowledge (also won last time they played), but AL has been impressive in BW.
DPP: MiyoKa vs Chrisloud1 - miyoka has been better all tour and one by a big margin when they played last time (ff: this and BW are the only two repeated MUs)

If tiebreaker I predict:
SM: Raiza vs Fagtron
ORAS: Dundies vs Rodri
DPP: Miyoka vs LST

Overall really enjoyed this season because the team was great fun and it was nice to see everyone get involved, inc players building and coming up with (good) ideas and testing even if they hadn't touched the tier. The chat was also really good (WOB WOB WOB) and though its annoying how we went out at least the next two best teams got in. Big s/o to HJAD for drafting and making the best team environment by drafting a cool team, chatting and literally helping out and testing for every tier. Also have to say Akir has been an excellent host making what I think is the correct call each time.

Marxist Marowaks vs Team Boku no Pika
SM: Dundies vs snagaa
SM: Pepeduce vs Robert Alfons
ORAS: Mysterious M vs Rodriblutar
BW: amber lamps vs Finchinator
DPP: MiyoKa vs Chrisloud1

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ok oops ive been busy but yeah big shoutouts to this pupl, was a really interesting season with how we were one of the favorites but fell off midseason (cuz we got HAXED) and then somehow managed to get into finals under the most ridiculous circumstances. i was rly confident in my draft this year and i knew we had it in us so imo we deserved it qB^3 also i gotta do my shoutouts ofc <3

LordST LST's broad knowledge of several PU metas was very much needed when a fair amount of the team probably hadnt played pu since last pupl, took a while to start winning his own games but we'd really struggle without someone who could always provide a solid team or provide feedback on others' teams. love u
Finchinator official member of the Smogon Deep State and unofficial Boku No Pika team captain finchinator may not have had the greatest record, but to be fair in bw u cant really rely on skill anyway. i still thank u for your service
Rodriblutar the actual GOAT, the only way this man loses is when he nerfs himself and brings some regigigas garbage. he's 10-1 for me in pupl so i basically owe him my life
Chrisloud1 peaked week 1 with the godly wallbreaker swalot and never quite managed to stunt like that afterwards, but irregardless u were a solid dpp slot and testing vs u was always fun, dpp good i like it
snagaa won w/ scarf claydol and almost won w/ turtonator screens, which i can respect. nevertheless im never letting u build your own teams again LOL
lax took a few weeks to get going but once the wins started rolling in they didn't stop coming oml. cool dude as well, thanks for playin
robjr not the most active chat presence but u always got your games done and managed to win some so !_! ty for ur service as well
also shoutouts to Quantum Tesseract and Santu, neither of whom unfortunately got to play much but i appreciate what u did for the team boys, especially in the early weeks when scheduling got a lil messy and i was really in need of people who could be on standby in case things went awry.

OH YEAH also shoutouts Taskr and also HJAD i definitely needed u guys for testing and/or building inspiration a couple times. also thanks to anyone else i harassed for test games over the last weeks, much appreciated

in the end, together we got the official smogon twitter account to post an underage yaoi reference, and that is the real victory, imo. thank u for helping me prank smogon itself lads. let's do it again next year, when i hopefully will come up with an even more horrible team name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)