Tournament PUPL VI - Finals [Won by the Clairvoyant Claydols]

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PUPL VI Finals

:ss/carkol: vs :sm/claydol:
Vroom Vroom Carkols (2) vs Clairvoyant Claydols (5)
SS: Star vs Ktütverde
SS: Feliburn vs TJ
SS: keppy vs Procopius
SM: LordST vs Brandon
SM: twitch.tv/Bag_of_Trixx vs Skipkan
ORAS: MrAldo vs lighthouses
BW: EviGaro vs Lambovino
DPP: GeneralAnnoyance vs Drud

The deadline for this week is Sunday, August 16th, 11 PM EST. Extensions will not be given. Replays are 100% required, all matches will be null and void without them. If you have given me a banner, please format them to about the same size as the shown gif and I will gladly add them in.
Additionally, the player ranking sheet can be found here.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SS: Star vs Ktütverde - Most interesting game for me. Star is sitting at a pretty 4-2 and is still in open, good player who has not fallen off this new meta at all, but admittedly his playoffs game would've been a pretty solid loss without that Head Smash dodge and I wasn't crazy impressed with the team. Ktut is a bit of a wild card with a better record and a win in their last encounter but their past couple builds felt a bit formulaic. Still solid enough to take out Osh (and I'm not counting the already lost Aurora Veil team), but nothing crazy either. Mostly I think both are quite good but could probably step it up from their past few weeks and I want to see who steps up farther.
SS: Feliburn vs TJ - Feli's lost his last 3 weeks including one to TJ. TJ and the Claydols SM in general had a very rough week 7 but he came back with a very convincing win over Skysolo and just looks hotter right now.
SS: keppy vs Procopius - Proco just has not had a breakout impressive game yet, this is going to be an uphill battle.
SM: LordST vs yandaud - man this one's really tough. I've been pretty impressed by both, but while yandaud has the overall better record and just took a win over soulgazer I've got to give LST the edge on teams. yandaud's been playing strong mostly but LST has a wide bag of tricks and I can't give a significant edge here (maybe 55/45 yan but that's just not enough for me to bold one side).
SM: twitch.tv/Bag_of_Trixx vs Skipkan - I have some faith in trix but he played really badly vs Raichy in playoffs where Skip's been pretty fine. Oh and I think trix brought a CB Regirock??? idk man
ORAS: MrAldo vs lighthouses - literally the only ORAS wins the Carkols have gotten have been from lucking TSR. Admittedly it's been more minor than shit he's gotten in other weeks but still Diogo's been 10x more impressive.
BW: EviGaro vs Lambovino - similarly, Claydols have had zero BW sauce and beating tko when he uses a more fun team after the week's over does not change that
DPP: GeneralAnnoyance vs Drud - much closer than the other 2 old gens, it's very cool to see the top 2 DPP records face off. But GA is the top 1 right now, it'd feel silly to predict otherwise

Finally doing predictions for finals but I came out with a meaningless 3-3 tally anyway so ig this was a waste. These are both good teams but Claydols just faced a team that put in absolute minimum effort and Carkols just got really lucky to take a series that could've been much closer at least so it's hard to get a sense of like, momentum or recent standout performances which is why I focused more on overall records. If I had to give a slight edge to one team here, vroom vroom?

SS: Star vs Ktütverde - clean ktut win, oh you think im joking? haha well see you in court
SS: Feliburn vs TJ - dudes on fire, even if he hasn't given me that free ipod for liking his post half a year ago i cant be too mad with this record behind him
SS: keppy vs Procopius - but only if they play sunday, proco is an underdog but by sunday he wil be infected by rematchitis and "im gonna lose so im gonna go ham anyway" technique, ensuring victory with amazingly batshit plays... or be able to put a stall team together in this ever changing meta by then, otherwise yeah keppy win, but really all these battles are gonna be on sunday arent they?
SM: LordST vs yandaud - half maniac, half man
SM: twitch.tv/Bag_of_Trixx vs Skipkan - because you cant self advertise using your name and expect to come out on top, oh and skip is a better player... or at least thats what a 12.5k pricetag vs 3k would expect you to believe right? okay skip lost to finch but honestly who hasnt? wheres finch and hjad shouldnt they be in the finals?
ORAS: MrAldo vs lighthouses - light em up
BW: EviGaro vs Lambovino - destruction in human form, im sorry lamb you gonna be slaughtered... oh you want advice? go for freeze
DPP: GeneralAnnoyance vs Drud - as much as I like GA this is about so skill... so I picked GA... hey didnt GA make DDP PU? or was that akir? or taskr? or none of them? anyway GA

so thats 5:3

lets go throhs

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
PUPL VI Finals

ptf predictions

ptf v his final week of uni (Gonna give this to ptf. Although uni has consistently been a tough opponent for the past six years, I think ptf has the upperhand and the drive to finish this week so he never has to worry about 5000 word essays again)

~~~

The Claydols have excelled week after week and this triumph is a true testament to the skill, dedication and effort our players have put in. This experience has been truly memorable from the times we would build 12 variants of the same team to the times we would forfeit test matches because we accidentally used a male Unfezant. I love you guys.

I also am thankful to be in the finals against the formidable Carkols. From the very first week, I wanted it to be us two teams in the finals. You guys have an excellent group of players and have had some truly outstanding performances - EviGaro's excellent BW record, GeneralAnnoyance having the best DPP record, Keppy killing it. The sheer skill and synergy of this team makes the finals even more exciting because we're destined for good matches.

Good luck everyone in your final week playing together,
Love from the undefeated PUPL player, PTF.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
LST and yandaud scheduled for noon -7 today.
Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 6.06.18 PM.png

LST waited 2 hours with no show (apparently yandaud lost power which is unfortunate). LST contacted TJ and let him know when he would be free to play a substitute. He explicitly told TJ he would only be available for the next 20 minutes but unfortunately the sub apparently wasn't able to play and LST has to leave now.

Our team is claiming activity since LST clearly did his part by waiting 2 hours, contacting the manager and making himself available to play a sub who also didn't show in the timeframe explicitly stated.

LST and yandaud scheduled for noon -7 today.

LST waited 2 hours with no show (apparently yandaud lost power which is unfortunate). LST contacted TJ and let him know when he would be free to play a substitute. He explicitly told TJ he would only be available for the next 20 minutes but unfortunately the sub apparently wasn't able to play and LST has to leave now.

Our team is claiming activity since LST clearly did his part by waiting 2 hours, contacting the manager and making himself available to play a sub who also didn't show in the timeframe explicitly stated.
BUT DID YOU CONTACT ALL PLAYERS, THEIR FAMILIES, AND THEIR HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS COACHES? NO! I'M CALLING FISHING!
STOP FISHING.png

Attachments

tondas

Life of the party
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There is never going to be another community like PU for me. The amount of amazing people I got to meet and talk to, and the people who were willing to give me a shot were all astounding. I've been kinda in the back watching games and seeing how BW, SM and now SS are being played and shaped and I couldn't have asked for a better community to do this. The memes and banter mix wonderfully with the love and skill that have been demonstrated here and have been demonstrated in the past.

Congratulations Claydols. Congratulations to everyone else who had the honor to play as well and demonstrate the kinda community we are. Thank you in particular to the Octilleries (a certain banned user withheld) for carrying the torch and being the underdogs once again. I've gone through so much since finding this community around early 2017 and joining forums about a year later. Most, no, all of you are like family to me. Rarely do days go by where I don't think about untier talk or the VCs I'd have with Specs and HJAD or the stupid-ass ladder sessions or the phenomenal C&C work we all pitched in to do. Through the good and bad, through the ugly and rough, the PU community always wished for nothing but the best. I cannot thank you guys enough for making an impact on my life. I don't know where I'd be without the emotional support and tough times I had been through just to have a big family to come to. Things have gotten much better over here and it's about time I let go, too.

Regardless of your impact on this community, significant or otherwise, you have poured your time and effort to making this community the way it is. This showing of PUPL is no different, and I believe this is the purest Pokemon has ever been for me. Wherever the road leads, continue to put your best foot forward. Thank you again, everyone. My cousin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)