Tournament PUPL VI - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Well what a season. Thank you to termi for drafting me onto such a great team. Lots of friends that I've had over the years, and made some new ones too :). Sorry I couldn't have a better record but I'm proud of my good performances. While we didn't have as good of a season as I think we could've, really proud of all of my team mates for keeping relatively positive and pushing forward! Best of luck to my friends over on the Carkol's and Claydol's! Rooting for you both and hoping for a great competitive series.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
now that our season is over i would like to present: The Ballad of Buster Scraggs
blame specs for making me post this

As I walked into the PU room,
preparing to go unpicked,
I was, to my shock, nominated,
it would appear I had been tricked.

My price went up, and up, and up,
I had never felt so alive!
But my joy was killed by one short line,
"Lily, you're playing gen five."

My manager had to be joking, right?
That's not even a real tier.
I sifted through the resource thread,
there's no way they'd put me here!

My first loss was honestly quite sad, but
to be fair, Monferno is wild.
I had no idea Sneasel was allowed!
I was forced to sit out like a child.

But there was light at the end of the tunnel, or
I guess it's actually Dark?
A small, unranked, yellow lizard
began my redemption arc.

Scraggy won me week after week,
it had saved me from my pit,
and in classic fashion, its season ended
with an untimely Focus Punch crit.

I had a great time learning a tier I'd never played and making friends with people I'd never gotten to talk to before. BW is really fun!! I wanna keep exploring it after this PUPL and maybe next year I'll actually manage to beat Evi. Not gonna do super long individual shoutouts or anything, but thank you a ton to termi for picking me up without having much reason to, to Chloe, Meri Berry, Tack :], and SBPC for being the best cheerleaders a girl could ask for (and in the case of the latter two, helping me build this tier LOL BW is wack) and to the rest of the Meowstics for being generally amazing presences and teammates. To the ones with great records, thanks for carrying us! And to the ones with poor records, they really don't reflect your skills as players, you're all amazing and this is just one unfortunate tour. Best of luck to both teams in finals, both of you have come a long way and are both deserving winners. o/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)