Tournament PUPL VI Preamble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PUPL VI

This thread will be for format discussion and manager signups, and will close in one week. Post here if you want to manage during PUPL VI or if you would like to give input on the format of the tournament.

We are currently looking 6 teams in this PUPL, so 6 managers will be chosen from this thread. If we see a lot of strong manager turnout and high player interest we may consider opening up to 8 teams, but for now we are sticking with 6 this year. If you want to manage, all you have to do is post and explain why you are fit to manage a team. Managers will be selected based on PU experience / Smogon experience / PUPL experience / PS as well so convince me (Akir) and MZ that you have what it takes. Managers will be given the opportunity to buy themselves from the auction for ~13k credits (this will be subject to change based on who manages but announced with the format and managers when this thread closes) so they can play as well. Additionally, managers will be expected to:
  • Send in a roster every week
  • PICK A GOOD TEAM NAME
  • Keep activity high in your team / make subs when required
Example sign-up (note that doing a better job is expected):
Hello, my name is Akir and I would like to be the manager for the team Wang-Bang Wobbuffets. I am PUTL and blatantly stole the DPP PU idea from multiple people before me. Additionally I have placed ok in previous PU tournaments and I topped the illustrious GSC STABmons ladder. I would be a good manager because I too can put 8 people in a list and send it to the host.

On continuing from last year's PUPL- we are not planning to implement any kind of retains. However, managers wishing to bring back their old team are encouraged to do so, and new managers are encouraged to take over teams from last year if their manager is not managing again. This promotes team continuity over the subsequent editions of PUPL, which tends to be pretty good based on when other PLs do it. Obviously new team names are still allowed, especially when it comes to replacing last year's winners, and you should talk to a manager before you try to take over their team.

We are currently looking for 6 teams with 8 starting slots each. However, we are more than willing to field 8 teams if there is enough demand for that many teams. As for the formats chosen, BW and DPP will be making a return. Both now have usable formats on Showdown with working validation, and BW even shows the full mons list as well. Additionally, if we do stick with 6 teams then the SS format will be frozen to the point directly before the DLC hits. With that in mind, here is the format:

SS PU / SS PU / SS PU / USUM PU / USUM PU / ORAS PU / BW PU / DPP PU

Manager Signups will be open for 1 week, until May 31st, followed immediately by Player Signups.

Last edited:

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Hi, I'm TJ and I'd like to come back as a manager this season with a new team name: Clairvoyant Claydols. As you know, I'm a longstanding contributor, council member, and player who has done well in pu tours and who has qualified for circuit playoffs every year. I have a lot of experience with PUPL and the smogon community, having played several editions of PUPL, OMPL, NUPL, and most recently winning BSPL. If chosen, I promise to send in the line up on time every week (as demonstrated last year) and pick a diverse team of new and old players that have been scouted by myself or others.

ag105 | Tumblr

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Hallo,

Would like to sign up as a manager for Loaking Drakloaks

Long time active PU player with good results on latest official big tournaments where PU was involved. Can build & support team mates and I do believe sending line up in time is very, very doable. Great meta knowledge, and idea of players who are old goons and upcoming players. Aiming to have good mix of those.

If anyone knows how to make logo, feel free to hit me up

1590364391088.png

Last edited:

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 9.05.52 PM.png

Hi, I would like to return with The Klang Gang. I am a long-time PU player who is a big fan of the community, as well as the various generations of the tier. I will be looking forward to assembling an even better squad than last year and finally put an end to HJAD's reign of terror

Last edited:

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Hlelo I'm EviGaro and I would like to manage the Vroom Vroom Carkols. My qualifications are managing in the past two PUPLs, tryharding in a few forum tours, now having playing knowledge in more than half the tiers in the tour and cheerleading for the PU room pspl squad. I would take this tour seriously as always and I promise to not pick a team that half quits before week 2 again.

Last edited:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
my name is termi and i would like to manage The Magic Meowstic!! (the exclamation marks are part of the name). qualifications: i managed in pupl three times, have played and managed in other team tours, i generally send my lineups on time, and i play this tier. most importantly tho im excited as always to lead my team to certain victory n_n

hi

if at any point you were ever going to consider a newcomer with 0 flex experience for manager in manager position, look no further
my only achievements are good activity and placing almost decent in lots of tours

my record is bronze
but my heart is gold

I give you, the Terrific Throhs
1590692206772.png

believe in us

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
After giving it some thought, I've decided to be manager again of the Olivine Octilleries (yep Octilleries are coming back). Despite the lack of tournaments played, my knowledge of the meta more than makes up for this. Not only am I able to send a list of 8 people, but I'm the only person to draft 18 people in an auction and look good doing it. And I'm also easy to get along with and I took part in all previous PUPLs, manager or player bar 2018, including being on the first PUPL champion Great Gastlys (s/o Raiza). So yeah, I'm looking for some redemption after what happened last year.

#OctilleryGangRiseUp #BitchesLoveCannons

Olivine Octilleries Logo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)