Tournament PUPL VII - Finals (Won by The Unscrupulous Scraggies)

Vulpix03

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RUPL Champion
First, WHERE THE FUCK IS Ktütverde ???
Hopefully he pulls an uno reverse card to his regular season and subs in to play.

Termi (60) vs (40) Yandaud: To be frank, I would bold Termi over just about everyone else in SwSh PU, bar a few. Her play is solid and she has a good grasp on the metagame, making her a formidable opponent for anyone. Yandaud has put up solid numbers over his PUPL career, however those games were in his home tier of SM. I have never seen him play SwSh, so it is hard to gauge how knowledgeable he is in the tier. He will surely put up a good fight, however I can't see him winning unless Ktut passes some sauce, or Termi overthinks her prep and throws in the builder.

TDK (51) vs (49) TJ: This will surely be a tight game, perhaps even the highlight of the tour. TDK, to be blunt, is the better overall player in this MU, however his record this season has been middling. TJ's strength over TDK is obviously his meta knowledge and his ability to bring unconventional things, especially with Ktut support. Will superior meta knowledge be enough to take down TDK? We will see. TDK certainly isn't a novice to the tier, as he had a deep PU Open run as well as 9 weeks of PUPL already under his belt. This, coupled with Termi's support, and the support of all of his teammates, may mean that TJ will def have to delve deep into the NFE list if he wants to truly catch TDK by surprise. If TDK is prepped for Drampa, and TJ doesn't pull a good MU, I will have to bold TDK.

Finchinator (40) vs (60) General Annoyance: General annoyance has consistently been one of the best DPP PU players for a while now. Finch, although a great player, isn't particularly strong in DPP as a whole, and I have never seen him play DPP PU. My knowledge on the DPP metagame is limited, however it's hard to go against GA here. Finch could certainly pull it out, but I can't favor him.

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Termi (45) vs (55) Yandaud:
I'm here to predict only one game for tiebreaker and bringing "upset" on the table. Meanwhile I do believe Termi is favored by playing abilities in SS since this is the meta for her. Termi been absolutely brilliant as of late in SS and that can be shown by deep run in slam and 4-1 currently in PUPL. Regardless of Termi being on her top form, I do believe this matchup is played mostly in the builder. But why?

Ktutverde being away might sound like Huntails are having a small lack of building power. Hate to break it, but that's fake news. Yandaud himself is already an amazing builder and as far as Im aware he knows the SS meta very well. If anyone it's his sidekick Mr. Urusius who can definitely pull rabbit out of the hat and cook something extra ordinary just for this game with Yandaud. Urusius might not be familiar name for most non PU players, but if theres ever anyone asking who I rate personally as one of the best PU builders, he is top of that list. One day he hopefully plays these tours by himself.

Is Termi going to surprise and bring something unorthodox or does she keep her safe and familiar strategy? Or does Yandaud and Urusius over prep and miss their opportunity? Highly doubt the latter happens, therefor giving the edge for Yandaud.

Dont forget to let us know when games happen, good luck for both teams!​

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Congrats Scraggies, dominant performance especially in SS. Huntails, you guys crushed it too. Both teams have something to be proud of. This tour is what I look forward to on this site every year and this has been my favourite iteration yet. Thanks to both of your teams for putting on a show

gz scraggies for this deserved win, u guys were rly strong.
Thanks a lot to our lovely managers TJ Urusius and Ktütverde for making that tour enjoyable, I had a lot of fun.
Also thanks ktut for trading me in the team as i really wanted to play this PUPL with you, hope you will comeback soon :heart:
Special mention to Lambovino for being an amazing mate, winning his games and being active and helpful in prep, gl in SCL bro :heart:

huntail.png

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Congrats Scraggies! Very well deserved win! You guys were the best team without a doubt and I'm glad we were able to have both an enjoyable and drama-free series. To the Huntails, thanks for letting me manage you alongside Ktütverde and Urusius. Its always a pleasure teaming with you guys. We made the best out of our available roster after having some unexpected losses during the tour. The fact that we were one game away from the 2-peat is a big accomplishment and I hope you are all proud. We'll be back stronger next year guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)