Tournament PUPL VII - Finals (Won by The Unscrupulous Scraggies)

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
1629103265015.png

Credit to Zephyri for the banner!

Discord Tags
Administrative Decisions
Scheduled Games
Spreadsheet
Replays
Standings

Deadline: Sunday, August 22nd 11:59pm GMT-4

1629103382779.png
vs
1629103403602.png

The Unscrupulous Scraggies (4) vs Happy Huntails (4)
SWSH: TDK vs yovan33321
SWSH: termi vs TJ
SWSH: Sjneider vs Lambovino
SWSH: Feliburn vs lockjaw
USUM: Finchinator vs yandaud
ORAS: snaga vs Ereshkigal
BW: Shuckleking87 vs Feaniix
DPP: The Strap vs GeneralAnnoyance

Tiebreaker results:
The Unscrupulous Scraggies (2) vs Happy Huntails (1)
SWSH: termi vs yandaud
SWSH: TDK vs TJ
DPP: Finchinator vs GeneralAnnoyance

No extensions will be given, and replays are required. Contact me or Meri Berry if there is an issue with player scheduling or this post.​

Last edited:
BW: Shuckleking87 vs Feaniix - Er ist einer der Top 3 BW PU Spieler und das nicht ohne Grund. Feaniix spielt einfach sehr gut und er hat ein großes Vertrauen in seine Freunde, seine Partner, seine Pokémon! Shuckleking wird wohl eher ein Shucklenarr wenn Feaniix mit ihm fertig ist.

Sacred

I could be banned
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
BW: Shuckleking87 vs Feaniix - Er ist nicht nur der beste BW PU Spieler im ganzen Pool (sorry DnB) sondern auch ein herzensguter Mensch der stets für einen da ist. Ich weiß noch wie er mir in vielen Momenten beiseite stand, sei es bei Monika Knorr oder bei Pillars of Luck. Seine Gutherzigkeit wird bei unserem Anime Protagonisten in diesem Finale den Unterschied machen und seinem Team einen sicheren Sieg bescheren.

"Es ist besser, ein für allemal zu sterben, als in dauernder Erwartung des Todes zu leben."

Dieses Zitat brachte Gajus Julius Caesar bereits im Zeitraum zwischen 100 und 44 v.Chr. als er an Shuckleking87 dachte, der in diesem Jahr einen PU Finalkampf gegen Feaniix ablegen muss, weil er vermutete, dass der Shuckleking ihn vielleicht johnen könnte.

Last edited:
Good luck for both parties
This the First lower tier tournament I have followed from the beginning to the end for the most part
And I enjoyed it as back seat gamer, very good level play and very entertaining

Quick prediction
The Unscrupulous Scraggies (0) vs Happy Huntails (0)
SWSH: TDK vs Ktütverde
SWSH: termi vs TJ
SWSH: Sjneider vs Lambovino
SWSH: Feliburn vs lockjaw
USUM: Finchinator vs yandaud
DPP: The Strap vs GeneralAnnoyance

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Guess I can do some predictions too

SWSH: TDK vs Ktütverde (can't really decide here since both are GOATs)
SWSH: termi vs TJ (gotta go with the friend here)
SWSH: Sjneider vs Lambovino (neider ekes out a dub)
SWSH: Feliburn vs lockjaw (hate to bet against FeliGOAT)
USUM: Finchinator vs yandaud (Finch 100%)
DPP: The Strap vs GeneralAnnoyance (going GA here simply b/c Skysolo changed his name to something awful, change it back plz)

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
The Unscrupulous Scraggies (5) vs Happy Huntails (3)
SWSH: TDK vs Ktütverde - both are really good and i should probably bold the vs but think scraggies have the better team support so i'll favor TDK here. he's won 6-0 2 or 3 times in this tour which is actually nuts, feel like he's also the sort of player that can effectively handle ktut's tendency to use off-brand stuff
SWSH: termi vs TJ - tj's been playing a ton on ladder and is probably a tad better as a player, though i rate both quite highly
SWSH: Sjneider vs Lambovino - neider is better by a lot, plus he has a really cool builder style that tends to give him an edge or at least a neutral mu
SWSH: Feliburn vs lockjaw - god feli is for sure tougher than anyone lockjaw has beaten so far, though 3-1 is fairly impresssive and surprised me when i went to check sheet
USUM: Finchinator vs yandaud - prove every mainer prediction right except gva and ptf! hes 5-1 which is the best record in pool along with his long history of being a good player etc etc you guys know who finch is
ORAS: snaga vs Ereshkigal - really dont think scraggies will win the oras game; they dont like the tier, snaga (most likely) doesnt know it, and the opponent is pretty competent
BW: Shuckleking87 vs Feaniix - Idk this tier all that well but shuckleking was a beast in nupl and has also done really well here
DPP: The Strap vs GeneralAnnoyance - also not super informed in this one but GA is like the king* of dpp pu i've been told. skysolo used gnarly ass dragonair but that kinda stuff can probably backfire

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
This is kinda unfair. The scraggies' "logo" is 10x bigger than ours. It completely pushes the "vs" to the right, as if we were just pretending to battle but that it is actually already over. And I know this is done on purpose, look at all the white and blank space around the "logo" (or is this part of the "logo" too? What is the logo exactly???). Psychologically this is kinda unfair for us.

Fortunately, you scraggies forgot to capitalize the "t" of "the unscrupulous scraggies". Big mistake! Did you neglect your logo? Or are you guys so chill that you think you dont need a capital "t" for people to remember your name? An excess of confidence I see! We huntails are humble players. You can try to intimidate us with your big big "logo" and your terrifying scraggy picture. But we have the power of happiness and friendship, and that is something even you cant beat!

We shall become the PUkémon Masters! Are you guys ready to fight? Ayaaaaaa! (Press A to fight)

(glhf btw)(GO Huntails!!!!!!!!!!)(:blobtriumph:)

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
SWSH: TDK vs Ktütverde - tdk's a good player but it's hard to predict against king ktut
SWSH: termi vs TJ - both are good players who've been doing really well, i struggle to pick a winner here
SWSH: Sjneider vs Lambovino - neider is 6-1 and i don't think he plans to slow down vs a way less experienced player in lambo
SWSH: Feliburn vs lockjaw - read above but replace the names with the ones from this matchup
USUM: Finchinator vs yandaud - finch has been killing it and yan has been good too as usual, rooting for my friend yan here but it's hard to put 100% of my confidence in him when finch is the opponent
ORAS: snaga vs Ereshkigal - scraggies have been p meh in oras and eresh is 2-1 so far with better oras support but it wouldn't surprise me if snaga outplayed enough to the point where he wins
BW: Shuckleking87 vs Feaniix - shuckleking hasn't done poorly but i generally like more what i've seen from feaniix
DPP: The Strap vs GeneralAnnoyance - i've liked what i've seen from skysolo this season and he's probably the better player, i don't wanna predict against ga after he beat me last week, ga has a lot more experience in the tier, probably cares quite a bit more about the tour and showed last week too that he isn't afraid to use something other than the bello and missy teams he tends to use often

SWSH: TDK vs Ktütverde - its ktut
SWSH: termi vs TJ - its tj, hungry for revenge
SWSH: Sjneider vs Lambovino - its snjeg
SWSH: Feliburn vs lockjaw - its lockjaw
USUM: Finchinator vs yandaud - its finch
ORAS: snaga vs Ereshkigal - its sanag
BW: Shuckleking87 vs Feaniix - burrito
DPP: The Strap vs GeneralAnnoyance - its ga

y

Reactions: TJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)