Gen 6 Pure Hackmons: We Three (Triple Ray Team)

Hello, friends. I started playing ORAS Pure Hackmons about 4 months ago and I've decided to do my first RMT for it. I've played around with a few different teams, but this one has performed the best for me, allowing me to reach 1620 and 1580 on the ladder with two different accounts.

1680414395716.png
1680414396429.png
1680414396892.png
1680414416534.png
1680414443707.png
1680414447116.png

Basic Breakdown:
This team uses three Rayquazas to follow the basic "spam team" philosophy: Use multiple of the same species of Pokemon so they can bluff each other and be somewhat unpredictable. The first Ray is a fakespeed revenge killer with Aerilate, the second is a Huge Power coverage attacker, and the third is a mold Oblivion Wing attacker. Audino and Mewtwo fufill the basic two wonder guard requirement and Giratina is the staple that it is.

The Sets:
1680414395716.png

We Three (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Aerilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Spikes

This Rayquaza uses Aerilate and the combination of Fake Out and Extreme Speed to fire off powerful stab flying moves in order to revenge kill molds and hit non wonder guards hard. Flying is an excellent mono-attacking type, just look at Mega Salamence in other tiers. Boomburst is used to bypass substitute and use Rayquaza's naturally high special attack with a high base power move. Spikes are used to establish some kind of pressure when momentum would otherwise be lost as the opponent switches to a Wonder Guard.

1680414395716.png
We Three (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Thousand Arrows
- Gunk Shot
- Close Combat

This is a Huge Power attacker with coverage to hit as many of the top wonder guards as possible. Fusion Bolt hits Mega and regular Gyarados, as well as Kyogre. Thousand Arrows hits Primal Groudon. Gunk Shot hits Xerneas and Audino. Close Combat hits the plethora of normal Wonder Guards, including Arceus, Slaking, and Blissey.

1680414396429.png
We Three (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Cotton Guard
- Quiver Dance
- Oblivion Wing

This is a basic Quiver Dance Ray set. Cotton Guard is used to mitigate revenge killing attempts and can easily be set up while behind one of Mewtwo's subs.

1680414416534.png
My Echo (Audino-Mega) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Milk Drink

Generic Support wg set.

1680414443707.png
My Shadow (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Curse
- Roost

Generic Giratina Set. Destiny Bond is chosen for the ability to take something out as a last-ditch effort.

1680414447116.png
And Me (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Leftovers
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Taunt

Support Subpass Mewtwo. Rocks in conjunction with spikes create hazard pressure on the other team. Substitute and Baton pass are here for obvious reasons, and taunt shuts down opposing setup.

Team Paste: https://pokepast.es/7fbda9e9b7497d3a

Last edited:

Shay's Fate

formerly La fusión más 7u7
Heyyy, that's a really cool and fun team you have, however, the explanation of sets is unfriendly to newer players that don't much about the metagame.

The team is overall really cool and well made, but here's some changes that I would do

1. Use Physically Defensive Mega Audino, it helps a lot against Mega Gengar, which is the thing that Mega Audino is supposed to wall
2. Use Gale Wings Rayquaza over Aerialate
3. Change MMY to Deoxys Speed, you dont have any offensive moves
4. Use Shed Shell on Mold Breaker Mega Rayquaza, even if you have Cotton Guard Shadow Tag users such as Regigigas or Primal Groudon can trap you and potentially KO or Trick a Choice Scarf

Here's how the team would look like https://pokepast.es/5162bc7254be72b7

Heyyy, that's a really cool and fun team you have, however, the explanation of sets is unfriendly to newer players that don't much about the metagame.

The team is overall really cool and well made, but here's some changes that I would do

1. Use Physically Defensive Mega Audino, it helps a lot against Mega Gengar, which is the thing that Mega Audino is supposed to wall
2. Use Gale Wings Rayquaza over Aerialate
3. Change MMY to Deoxys Speed, you dont have any offensive moves
4. Use Shed Shell on Mold Breaker Mega Rayquaza, even if you have Cotton Guard Shadow Tag users such as Regigigas or Primal Groudon can trap you and potentially KO or Trick a Choice Scarf

Here's how the team would look like https://pokepast.es/5162bc7254be72b7
Haha thanks for the suggestions. I actually made some of these myself in the time since I posted the RMT. Great minds think alike?
https://pokepast.es/20d4aa0981c93eb1

I never thought about shed shell, does not having sharp beak miss out on any KOs?

Also, doesn't physdef audino make me even weaker to opposing owing Rayquaza? I already do fine enough against gengar thanks to gale Ray.

Shay's Fate

formerly La fusión más 7u7
>I totally didnt see some of the changes from newer replays

Sharp Beak doesn't give any relevant KO iirc and about the Mega Gengar/Rayquaza issue is just a pick your poison situation, I had similar issues in my monotype fairy team, but for these kind of fun gimmicky teams you dont have to worry about making them as good as a Team that you would use on ladder.

Anyways, great job and I hope that you bring us more teams like these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)