Walrus put elise on some new music [signups]

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been getting into music since like late 2015 and I want you to expand my tastes and horizons. Send me shit you like fam and I'll rate it

Rules
- Send me a song and I'll give you a rating anywhere between 1-10. I don't really give 1/10s but I'm a pretty harsh critic. I don't have a specific rating system but if I rate it a 7/10 I've put it in my playlist. 5/10 is the average.
- Submit your songs in a Smogon PM please, that'd be real nice. I don't care if you link it or not, I'll find it and listen to it anyway, so you don't have to bother w/ YouTube links
- don't send me songs i've listed in my examples. also please don't send the same artist more than once
- i'll leave out your worst score, so i'll only rate u only 10 categories in the end ;)
- signups close the last day of march please join i have nofriends

Categories
1. your favorite beat
just your favorite song with a great instrumental in the back. nowadays production & beats is everything in hip-hop, so show me something with a goodddd beat

ex: Drake ft. Jay-Z - Pound Cake / Paris Morton Music 2

2. outside of your own comfort zone
something from a genre you don't usually listen to. could be any genre, just a song u bop
ex: Galneryus - Angel of Salvation

3. summer jams
summer is coming and the winter has been depressing as fuck. send me something to cheer me up.
ex: The Underdog Project - Summer Jam

4. bumps in the fucking whip
something that gets you hype as fuck. either it has a hard beat, strong vocals, an epic riff, idk just send me something that makes me jump out of my chair
ex: scarlxrd - FADED.

5. smooth song
ok to calm down now, we need something relaxing and atmospheric. send me a smooth with some soothing vocals or something
ex: GoldLink ft. Brent Faiyaz & Shy Gizzly - Crew

6. favorite 2010s song
self-explanatory. send me something you love from this decade
ex: Kendrick Lamar ft. MC eiht - m.A.A.d. city

7. favorite 2000s song
same category except a decade earlier. i don't really listen to 2000s music so hit me up
ex: Kanye West - Through the Wire

8. favorite soundtrack
send me something from your favorite soundtrack. i don't mind whether it's a videogame, movie, anime, whatever. tell me what it is from though.
ex: Yuki Kajiura - Symposium Magarum (from Madoka Magica)

9. underground (<1m listeners)
send me something from someone that has a small following. nowadays having a million monthly listeners on spotify doesn't mean anything anymore. having less than 1 million followers on soundcloud counts as well
ex: Germ - BODYBAG

10. adventure
send me a song you can get completely lost in. it's something like a mini-adventure; it takes only a few minutes but the song brings you in a lot of different places. it's difficult to explain but i'm sure you know the feeling
ex: Future - Codeine Crazy
ex: Travi$ Scott - 90210

11. something you like
send me anything you like! no prejudices, i'm fine with you sending the weirdest shit as long as you like it.
ex: Drake - Marvins Room

About Me
I mostly listen to hiphop and I don't mind you sending me hiphop, but the point of this one was kind of to expand my horizons. I'll generally grade artsy and experimental shit a little higher because I'm a sucker for going outside of the box.

I can listen to anything, I just don't have a lot of experience grading genres outside of hiphop, so my ratings might be off and I might change them later on. I'm kind of iffy on metal, but I'll definitely give it a try bc i'm not some narrow-minded bitch

anyway, this is basically a free for all with very loose categories i feel. just hit me up fams

Signups list
1. Robert Alfons (subbed)
2. laptops (sent in 1)
3. Memoric (still needs to sub)
4. old gregg is back baby (subbed)
5. Mizuhime (no subs)
6. Aladynn (needs 11)
7. Exploudit (no subs)
8. KnightsOfCydonia (subbed)
9. Mynameisnothing (partial)
10. Da Letter El (partial)
11. RODAN (subbed)
12. qsns (no subs)
13. Walrein (no subs)
14. deoxys speed (no subs)
15. Lectrys (subbed)
16. Bedschibaer (subbed)
17. Paraplegic (no subs)
18. soviet (subbed)
19. qwily (subbed)
20. Myzozoa (still needs to sub)
21. sanjay (subbed)
22. Isa (subbed)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)