move 3: Pain Split
move 4: Haze / Ally Switch / Will-O-Wisp
item: Eviolite
ability: Frisk
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
ivs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Massive defenses further boosted by Eviolite, immunity to Fake Out, few weaknesses, and a wide supportive movepool make Dusclops a solid Trick Room setter. Moves such as Ally Switch, Will-O-Wisp, and Haze make it great support for teammates like Stakataka, Torkoal, and Glastrier.

* Night Shade lets Dusclops deal consistent chip damage; it is chosen over other attacks due to Dusclops's poor offensive presence.

* Dusclops uses Pain Split well due to its low HP stat allowing for increased recovery against most Pokemon.

* Haze allows Dusclops to stop setup sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini from snowballing. Additionally, Haze can also remove Intimidate drops for physical teammates like Glastrier and Rhyperior, as well as clearing boosts from Trick Room checks such as Metagross and Celesteela. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers like Metagross, Rillaboom, and Urshifu-R; alternatively, Ally Switch allows Dusclops to redirect powerful attacks to itself instead of its partner. This is especially useful for absorbing Max Moves, helped further by Dusclops's immunities to Fighting and Normal.

* Dusclops's EVs allow it to live Life Orb Max Darkness from Galarian Moltres and Life Orb Max Phantasm from Dragapult.

* Dusclops can run moves like Bulldoze, Brick Break, and Shadow Sneak to activate a teammate's Weakness Policy in place of its last move.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [yourwelcomthank, 541847]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Yourwelcomthank So I know this is still in WIP, but I can guarantee you QC is going to change that set. I'm gonna recommend one now to save you writing stuff out and having that work wasted.

[SET]
name: Trick Room Support
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Night Shade
move 4: Haze / Will-O-Wisp / Ally Switch
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Pain Split is the clear 3rd choice for Dusclops, gives it a bit of longevity in the face of nearly anything. Also by and away the most used 3rd move.
Move 4 can be any of Haze, Will-O-Wisp or Ally Switch to me. The next 3 highest used moves, and all play a part - should be obvious what they all do. Reason I wouldn't mention any of the self-proc moves directly as because they're ally dependent and thus not appropriate for an analysis. You're welcome to make a brief mention of it, however, as it can be effective. You're welcome to change the EVs and nature, but this was the most used and definitely the most helpful from my experience.

:ss/dusclops:
[SET]
name: Trick room Support
move 4: Haze / Ally Switch / Will-O-Wisp / Taunt (yo Taunt isn't even on Dusclops usage chart, nor have I even seen it on high-level teams)

[SET COMMENTS]

* Trick Room is reliably set by Dusclops thanks to its ,Great bulk with Eviolite, Fake Out immunity, and few weaknesses. (this line needs a revamp, I'd sorta give an overview of why its good, typing, bulk, etc., and also mention common trick room partners)

* Night Shade allows Dusclops to deal consistent chip damage. It is chosen over other attacking moves due to Dusclops' poor offensive stats. is consistent damage output capable of breaking Substitute and finishing off weakened Pokemon. (substitute is non-existent)

* Pain Split is used to give Duclops a form of reliable recovery, (add comma) while also dealing good damage to the opponent thanks to its low HP stat. Dusclops takes advantage of its low HP to have stronger Pain Splits, as it will usually have less HP than foes Pain split healing more the lower Dusclops's HP can discourage players from attacking it or punish them for doing so.

* Haze allows Dusclops to stop snowballs from setup sweepers neutralize boosted threats like Weakness Policy Regirock, Glastrier Rotom-H, and Calm Mind Tapu Fini. Haze can also remove negate Intimidate drops for physical teammates like Glastrier and Rhyperior. Ally Switch ups the prediction factor and allows Dusclops to redirect powerful attacks to itself instead. (mention how ally switch redirects all max moves since they are single target). Will-O-Wisp allows Dusclops to cripple Physical attackers like Metagross, Kartana Rillaboom, and Urshifu-R. Taunt is useful for stopping Parting Shot, Will-O-Wisp, and Spore. (just wanted to keep the examples from repeating)

(add some transitions to separate the different moves in the above line)

* Dusclops's EVs allow it to live Life Orb Max Darkness from Moltres-Galar and Life Orb Max Phantasm from Dragapult.

* It is worth noting Dusclops often can runs moves like Bulldoze, Brick Break, or Shadow Sneak to activate appropriate teammates Weakness Policy's, (add comma) usually over one of its last 2 moves. (pain split pretty mandatory imo)

252 SpA Life Orb Moltres-Galar Max Darkness vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Eviolite Dusclops: 120-143 (81.6 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Dragapult Max Phantasm vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 117-140 (79.5 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(we don't include calcs in Set Compendiums)
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Yourwelcomethank, 541847]]
- Quality checked by: [[Bananers7, 527416]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
Add Remove Comment

1/1 when implemented correctly

Yourwelcomthank what I meant by the transition line is to add things like "however", and "alternatively" to the Ally Switch/Haze/WoW comment. Remove the comment you put there instead.

:ss/dusclops:
[SET]
name: Trick room Support

[SET COMMENTS]

* Dusclops is a good Trick Room setter with a very versatile support movepool. This isn't how we phrase stuff. We start out by saying what qualities result in it being a good Trick Room setter. Excellent defenses further boosted by Eviolite, immunity to Fake Out, few weaknesses, and a wide supportive movepool make Dusclops a solid Trick Room setter. Dusclops is able to set Trick Room consistently due to its massive bulk, Fake Out immunity, and few weaknesses. Dusclops after it has set trick room has plenty of options to support its team such as Haze and Will-O-Wisp. Dusclops commonly supports powerful Trick room attackers like Stakataka, Torkoal, and Glastrier. Moves such as Haze, Will-O-Wisp, and Ally Switch make it great for supporting partners such as Stakataka, Torkoal, and Glastrier.

* Night Shade lets Dusclops deal consistent chip damage, it is chosen over other attacks due to Dusclops's poor offenses.

* Pain Split is able to give Duclops a form of recovery; while also dealing good damage to the opponent . it takes advantage of Pain Split well due to its low HP stat allowing for stronger Pain Splits, as it will usually have less HP than its opponent

* Haze allows Dusclops to stop snowballs from set up sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini. Additionally, Haze can also remove Intimidate drops for physical teammates like Glastrier and Rhyperior and clear Max Move boosts from common Trick Room checks such as Glastrier and Celesteela., however Will-O-Wisp cripples opposing Physical attackers like Metagross, Rillaboom, and Urshifu-R, Alternatively Ally Switch lets Dusclops to redirect powerful attacks to itself instead of its partner. This is useful for absorbing Max Moves, and Dusclops does this particularly well thanks to its immunities to Normal and Fighting.

* Dusclops's EVs allow it to live Life Orb Max Darkness from Moltres-Galar and Life Orb Max Phantasm from Dragapult.

* It is worth noting Dusclops can run moves like Bulldoze, Brick Break, or Shadow Sneak to activate teammates Weakness Policy's over in place of its last move.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

please please please please please please please please please please please please fix your grammar to save GP some sanity, I know you can do better than what you have. add your name and mine to the credits

QC 1/1, send this to GP when implemented

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Amchecking this to help it along. This is unofficial so you don't have to implement it unless a GPer says so, but I would recommend it considering the state of this analysis.

Use this video to assist with implementation.

Add
Remove
Comment
(ASC) = Add Semicolon
(AH) = Hyphenate
(AP) = Add Period
(AA) = Add Apostrophe

(RC) = Remove Comma

Some notes;
  • Attack categories (status, physical, special) aren't capitalised.
  • When using "additionally", "alternatively", and similar words, you end the sentence prior with a period and then put a comma afterwards. On the other hand, you can also use it as an interrupter after a semicolon. For some reason, you'd use a comma prior to it. These words are used primarily for flowing between sentences in a persuasive text. They're great when used that way, though, good effort! In this check, I've used both examples.
    • Wrong: "sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini, Additionally Haze"
    • Correct: "sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini; additionally, Haze"
    • Correct: "sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini. Additionally, Haze"

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Massive defense's defenses further boosted by Eviolite, immunity to Fake Out, few weaknesses, and a wide supportive movepool make Dusclops a solid Trick Room setter. Moves such as Ally Switch, Will-O-Wisp, and Haze make it great support for teammates like Stakataka, Torkoal, and Glastrier.

* Night Shade lets Dusclops deal consistent chip damage; (RC, ASC) it is chosen over other attacks due to Dusclops's poor offenses offensive presence.

* Pain Split is able to give Duclops a form of recovery. (dex info) Dusclops takes advantage of Pain Split well due to its low HP stat allowing for stronger Pain Splits, as it will usually have less HP than its opponent increased recovery against most Pokemon. (AP) (I think this is a better explanation, as Pain Split isn't necessarily getting stronger, it's just the law of big numbers vs small numbers)

* Haze allows Dusclops to stop snowballs from set-up (AH) sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini. (RC, AP) Additionally, (AC) Haze can also remove Intimidate drops for physical teammates like Glastrier and Rhyperior, and as well as (flow, links better w/ the previous part of the sentence) clear boosts from common Trick Room checks such as Metagross and Celesteela. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers like Metagross, Rillaboom, and Urshifu-R with a burn; (RC, ASC) alternatively, (AC) Ally Switch allows Dusclops to redirect powerful attacks to itself instead of its partner. This is especially useful for absorbing Max Moves, (RC) especially useful thanks to Dusclops's immunities to Fighting and Normal.

* Dusclops's EVs allow it to live Life Orb Max Darkness from Moltres-Galar Galarian Moltres (GP likes this) and Life Orb Max Phantasm from Dragapult.

* It is worth noting (redundant)Dusclops can run moves like Bulldoze, Brick Break, or Shadow Sneak to activate a teammate's (AA) Weakness Policy's in place of its last move.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [yourwelcomthank, 541847]]

Amchecking this to help it along. This is unofficial so you don't have to implement it unless a GPer says so, but I would recommend it considering the state of this analysis.

Use this video to assist with implementation.

Add
Remove
Comment
(ASC) = Add Semicolon
(AH) = Hyphenate
(AP) = Add Period
(AA) = Add Apostrophe

(RC) = Remove Comma

Some notes;
  • Attack categories (status, physical, special) aren't capitalised.
  • When using "additionally", "alternatively", and similar words, you end the sentence prior with a period and then put a comma afterwards. On the other hand, you can also use it as an interrupter after a semicolon. For some reason, you'd use a comma prior to it. These words are used primarily for flowing between sentences in a persuasive text. They're great when used that way, though, good effort! In this check, I've used both examples.
    • Wrong: "sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini, Additionally Haze"
    • Correct: "sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini; additionally, Haze"
    • Correct: "sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini. Additionally, Haze"

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Massive defense's defenses further boosted by Eviolite, immunity to Fake Out, few weaknesses, and a wide supportive movepool make Dusclops a solid Trick Room setter. Moves such as Ally Switch, Will-O-Wisp, and Haze make it great support for teammates like Stakataka, Torkoal, and Glastrier.

* Night Shade lets Dusclops deal consistent chip damage; (RC, ASC) it is chosen over other attacks due to Dusclops's poor offenses offensive presence.

* Pain Split is able to give Duclops a form of recovery. (dex info) Dusclops takes advantage of Pain Split well due to its low HP stat allowing for stronger Pain Splits, as it will usually have less HP than its opponent increased recovery against most Pokemon. (AP) (I think this is a better explanation, as Pain Split isn't necessarily getting stronger, it's just the law of big numbers vs small numbers)

* Haze allows Dusclops to stop snowballs from set-up (AH) sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini. (RC, AP) Additionally, (AC) Haze can also remove Intimidate drops for physical teammates like Glastrier and Rhyperior, and as well as (flow, links better w/ the previous part of the sentence) clear boosts from common Trick Room checks such as Metagross and Celesteela. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers like Metagross, Rillaboom, and Urshifu-R with a burn; (RC, ASC) alternatively, (AC) Ally Switch allows Dusclops to redirect powerful attacks to itself instead of its partner. This is especially useful for absorbing Max Moves, (RC) especially useful thanks to Dusclops's immunities to Fighting and Normal.

* Dusclops's EVs allow it to live Life Orb Max Darkness from Moltres-Galar Galarian Moltres (GP likes this) and Life Orb Max Phantasm from Dragapult.

* It is worth noting (redundant)Dusclops can run moves like Bulldoze, Brick Break, or Shadow Sneak to activate a teammate's (AA) Weakness Policy's in place of its last move.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [yourwelcomthank, 541847]]
Thank you Plague von Karma i implemented hopefully everything except this line.
"This is especially useful for absorbing Max Moves thanks to Dusclops's immunities to Fighting and Normal."
i changed this as Dusclops's ally switch is useful for more than its immunites so i feel its more appropriate to say further helped by its immunites or mention its massive bulk as well and i wrote this.
This is especially useful for absorbing Max Moves, helped further by Dusclops's immunities to Fighting and Normal.
And for the Pain Split point if a move is dealing more HP i would say yes its stronger its doing more damage. really unsure on this one i mean pokemon has numbers losing numbers is taking damage so i think this should be worded differently.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add Remove
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Massive defenses further boosted by Eviolite, immunity to Fake Out, few weaknesses, and a wide supportive movepool make Dusclops a solid Trick Room setter. Moves such as Ally Switch, Will-O-Wisp, and Haze make it great support for teammates like Stakataka, Torkoal, and Glastrier.

* Night Shade lets Dusclops deal consistent chip damage; it is chosen over other attacks due to Dusclops's poor offensive presence.

* Dusclops takes advantage of uses Pain Split well due to its low HP stat allowing for increased recovery against most Pokemon.

* Haze allows Dusclops to stop snowballs from set-up setup sweepers like Regirock, Rotom-W, and Tapu Fini from snowballing. Additionally, Haze can also remove Intimidate drops for physical teammates like Glastrier and Rhyperior, as well as clearing boosts from Trick Room checks such as Metagross and Celesteela. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers like Metagross, Rillaboom, and Urshifu-R with a burn; alternatively, Ally Switch allows Dusclops to redirect powerful attacks to itself instead of its partner. This is especially useful for absorbing Max Moves, helped further by Dusclops's immunities to Fighting and Normal.

* Dusclops's EVs allow it to live Life Orb Max Darkness from Galarian Moltres and Life Orb Max Phantasm from Dragapult.

* Dusclops can run moves like Bulldoze, Brick Break, or and Shadow Sneak to activate a teammate's Weakness Policy in place of its last move.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [yourwelcomthank, 541847]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]
morag.gif
1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)