(QC 0/2) Slowking-G

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Overview]
Slowking-G is a great wall in OU, because it can effectively use Assualt Vest with its great Sp.Def and Regenerator to wall threats like Dragapult, Nidoking, and Tapu Fini, it also has a rare typing that allows it to sponge Toxic, a good movepool that can hit a good decent amount of mons super effectively, and unlike Blissey, it actually has a good offense. The Problem is that Slowking-G's typing sort of sucks defensively, Ground-types, like Hippowdon, and Swampert have a field day once Slowking-G is forced to switch into them (although, they should be aware of a Scald feom from Slowking-G when they switch in) Knock Off, is really common in OU, it has poor def, for whatever reason, it doesn't have access to Teleport (why GameFreak) Slowking-G is very slow, which means it has to take a hit if the opposing mon isn't switching-out; finally, Slowking-G is huge setup fodder against Volcarona, Bisharp, and Landorus-T

[Anti-Megaman set]
name: Dr. Willy Ripoff (Slowking-Galar)
move 1: Sludge Bomb
move 2: Psychic / Future Sight
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Ice Beam / Earthquake
item: Assault Vest
ability: Regenerator
nature: Calm / Sassy
evs: 252 HP 178 SpA 80 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Assault Vest is for letting Slowking-G put that good sp.d to good use and ensures that it actually has great bulk instead of good bulk, Future Sight to create some fun mind-games and force some free switches out of the opponent, Flamethrower so Slowking-G doesn't get endlessly walled by Steel-types like Corviknight and MelMetal, Ice Beam to keep Landorus-T, Garchomp, and other Ground-Types and Dragons in check, Earthquake to keep Heatran in check that is lured in by the sheer presence of Slowking-G, and Sassy to ensure that Earthquake does some damage rather than next to none

Slowking-G provides good sp.d glue, but it needs something to switch in for it, this is where Corviknight comes in, because Corviknight provides a good switch-in, and covers most of Slowking-G's problems. Zeraora is another good teammate, since it forces some great pressure on the opposing team, and can just switch into Slowking-G if things get bad like a Rillaboom switch in, something that Zeraora can't get any good damage off of, and stuff like that
[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Slowking-G could get some good Defense investment, survive something like an earthquake from a Landorus-T, and hit back with an Ice Beam, this can be inconsistent however, it's a very risky move to pull off, and even if Slowking-G manages somehow to survive, it still has to get in multiple switch-ins, which is not something you would want to consistently use it for.
Checks and Counters
====

Ground-types: Ground-types hit Slowking-G hard, and often have really high Atk, which basically forces Slowking-G to switch out, however, they can't just switch in worry-free, because even if Slowking-G isn't carrying Ice Beam, it still can exploit Ground-type's horrendous sp.d

Dark-types: Dark-types force Slowking-G to switch-out, and threaten anything that comes in with Knock Off, even a lot of non Dark-types have Knock Off

Blissey: Blissey sponges every attack that Slowking-G throws at it, and even if Slowking-G gets Blissey poisoned, thanks to Natural Cure, Blissey can just switch out and cure the poison instantly
[CREDITS]
- Written by: Ur local kangaroo, 506595

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Hi! If it's no problem, the QC team encourages you to take a look at other analyses and see how they're formatted in content, presentation, and structure. We aren't rejecting this or anything, but we would like this expanded upon and reformatted before we look it over.

Thanks, and let us know if you have any questions!

Aside from that bad joke, OK, admittedly, I didn't expect a lot out of my analysis because I haven't tried it before, and I'm just used to make one-liners to commit political polarization to vent my thoughts

What benchmarks do those hit? Also Nasty Plot, Offensive Trick Room (OTR), and Choice Specs set all warrant mentions in Other Options (at least) IMO.
I was just testing to see what would work for Slowking-Galar, and while I have scraped that EV spread, I found something interesting, 176 SPA does over 55% to Landorus-T, and It can threaten a lot of other stuff hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)