QOL Improvements In The "Minimum Elo" Searcher

pqs

Banned deucer.
Right now, the "Minimum Elo" function for watching games only has one real function: finding games with higher ELO, but as we know ELO is not always the most indicative of games to watch, I feel if you could customize it to be like minimum elo OR highest average gxe (or something else but i dont really understand coil/glicko e.e) also i think you should be able to search for a custom minimum elo, like in 1v1, games start getting good at 1600 but almost nobody plays at 1700, but the only filter is for 1500 or 1700 where games are p average at 1500. this can get especially crowded in a format like randbats where you could probably make an even higher minimum elo for like 2100 elo since theres like an ~average 20 games going on with 1900 as the min elo.

tldr custom elo minimums would help in some especially popular formats like randbats/ou; search filters shouldn't be only for minimum elo and should spread to other things.

i'm more confident on the custom minimum option than the gxe thing.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GXE is good for formats like 1v1 where high GXE is hard and you can say "everyone above 70 gxe is at least reasonably good", but for most formats you're gonna see the cutoff between good and bad being a blurred line somewhere between 80 and 90 which isn't really gonna help anyone

Reactions: pqs

pre

pkmn.cc
This is technically trivial as arbitrary Elo values are already supported by the backend for filtering, this is simply a question of the UI. I'd support a number-input box and submit for filtering by Elo, defaulting to 1300. This would take us back to '1-click for filtering by 1300 Elo' on mobile, which was one of the regressions the select box introduced.

Zarel WDYT?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
It's not hard to select "1500" and just look at the 1600+ battles in the list. On most input devices, that should be easier than typing numbers in.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'd want to run a poll to see if people would really prefer typing in thresholds to the hardcoded ones.

Reactions: pqs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)