BSS [BSS] Quagsire [QC: 1/1] [GP: 1/1]

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
:xy/quagsire:

Quagsire @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic / Yawn
- Protect / Stockpile

In a metagame highly centralized around Zacian-C, Quagsire is prized for its ability to both hard counter and support Zacian-C by switching into the Choice Scarf Ditto that aim to revenge kill it. Maximum HP and Defense investment maximizes Quagsire's physical bulk. Recover is necessary for Quagsire to stay healthy, and Scald is the obligatory attack prized for its ability to spread burns. Quagsire has an important choice between Toxic, which puts opposing threats on a timer, and Yawn, which forces immediate switches and helps gain momentum. Protect has great synergy with both Yawn and Toxic and is valuable for stalling Dynamax turns. However, Stockpile combined with Toxic allows Quagsire to outlast weaker special setup attackers in a pinch. Rocky Helmet is Quagsire's most common item, as it allows Quagsire to make progress on Zacian-C without having to click an attacking move, but Leftovers provides passive recovery and has nice synergy with Protect.

Last edited by a moderator:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think definitely slash Sitrus Berry as an item and possibly Counter over Stockpile

edit: Yawn over Toxic is probably a good shout too

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, I do think that Yawn and Earthquake are decent alternative options to mention since they have pretty decently high usage, and Yawn in particular is decent at punishing stronger mons that might try to muscle through Quagsire with Dynamax. Protect is also a thing for extra stalling too, and its neat when using Quagsire with Leftovers.

I don't think they're 100% needed to be mentioned though, these 4 moves imo are the most important on Quagsire anyways, and those moves + rocky helmet covers the most common Quagsire variant anyways.

Otherwise, you cover the most important aspect of Quagsire: checking Zacian and helping Zacian check Ditto, so I think this is fine enough for a spotlight, so QC Approved 1/1 imo!

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Yeah oops I forgot about this my b. I thought no slashings on these though, and these were IMO the most important moves. There's a few movesets that work with this, none of the above moves posted by cs are bad, we could also be Toxic Protect which is obnoxious as heck. If there needs to be slashes, then slashing moves would make sense, but this is what I thought.

marilli

With you
edit: wait, everything I wrote below is assuming we have time to slash moves though. If you guys started working on the translation bits already with the above qc1/1, then feel free to ignore this, I have the older version saved. My b.

In a metagame highly centralized around Zacian-C, Quagsire is prized for its ability to both hard counter and support Zacian by switching into the Scarf Ditto that aim to revenge it. 252 HP and 252 Def EVs maximize its physical bulk, and Rocky Helmet allows Quagsire to make progress on the Zacian without having to click an attacking move. Recover is necessary for Quagsire to stay healthy. Scald and Toxic spread status and put opposing threats on a timer. Quagsire's poor Special Defense means that it is often paired with a dedicated special sponge, namely Tyranitar and Chansey, but Stockpile combined with Toxic allows Quagsire to outlast weaker special setup attackers in a pinch.

OK, then I slashed a few moves. I took Yawn which was both mentioned by Tmon and CS. Lefties and Protect are very common, a lot more common than Sitrus, and as Tmon says Protect + Lefties + Yawn / Toxic are overflowing with synergy so we decided that was the better slash.

I talked these out with chemcoop on discord. Theorymon or cant say can check in quickly. I have tagged them on discord to provide swift input.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Quagsire @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic / Yawn
- Protect / Stockpile

In a metagame highly centralized around Zacian-C, Quagsire is prized for its ability to both hard counter and support Zacian-C (i assume you still mean crowned forme throughout) by switching into the Choice Scarf Ditto that aim to revenge kill it. 252 HP and 252 Def EVs maximize its Maximum HP and Defense investment maximizes Quagsire's physical bulk. Recover is necessary for Quagsire to stay healthy, and Scald is the obligatory attack prized for its ability to spread burns. Quagsire has an important choice between Toxic, which puts opposing threats on a timer, and Yawn, which forces immediate switches and gains helps gain momentum. Protect has great synergy with both Yawn and Toxic, (RC) and is valuable for stalling Dynamax turns. However, Stockpile combined with Toxic allows Quagsire to outlast weaker special setup attackers in a pinch. Rocky Helmet is its Quagsire's most common item, (AC) as it allows Quagsire to make progress on the Zacian-C without having to click an attacking move, but Leftovers provides passive recovery, (RC) and has nice synergy with Protect.
GP 1/1

im implementing this to let translations have some more time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)