Gen 3 Question about Gen 3 OU Dragonite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stumbled upon this strategy guide for Gen 3 Dragonite

http://www.smogon.com/dex/rs/pokemon/dragonite

And I've got a question: why excatly does it have HP Flying listed in all three of its sets? I mean, how is HP Flying better than Wing Attack? If memory serves, Wing Attack had about the same base power of 60 and much more PP. Was there something in Gen 3 that made Wing Attack impossible to acquire or something?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just stumbled upon this strategy guide for Gen 3 Dragonite

http://www.smogon.com/dex/rs/pokemon/dragonite

And I've got a question: why excatly does it have HP Flying listed in all three of its sets? I mean, how is HP Flying better than Wing Attack? If memory serves, Wing Attack had about the same base power of 60 and much more PP. Was there something in Gen 3 that made Wing Attack impossible to acquire or something?
Hidden Power had 70 base power back then, it was only reduced in XY.

Next time, do use the simple questions/simple answers thread in the Ruins of Alf forums, which is dedicated for older generations. :]

Hidden Power's base attack was also calculated by IV's before Gen VI, the max being 70, so yeah thats why
I knew about that part, i've played since gen I. But I always had the impression that the top power was 60, dunno why. Hee hee. Thanks guys and thanks for the heads up about that thread.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Newer gens corrupting the minds of our youth. Err, you've played since Gen 1, so I guess our (relatively) elderly too.

XY base power is 60, it was max 70 in every other gen since GSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)