QUESTION: "Is my dog competively viable?"

PRERESQUITE:
I am very new to the Cosmog Forums and I don't know a lot about Pokemon so I was just asking if some freindly folks here on the platform could help me answer a question considering SPB (Serious Pokemon Battling; Ive heard some people call it competive but i don't think everything in life should be a competition).

body paragraph:
So the question I just want to know is IS MY DOG COMPETIVELY VIBLE? I was thinking of emailing Game Freak and asking him to put my dog in the game. But I don't want them to do that if I know my dog will not be used in SPB. This is why I am reaching out to you guys to help me detirmine this and tell me once and for all if my dog will be a good Pokemon.

So this is my dog.
my dog.jpg

Her name is Chrysler (like the car) Also please do not ask me why she is named that. she used to be my uncle's.
Anyway just from this picture alone you can kind of get a feel for how strong my dog might be in SPB. I provied further statisitics and information below.

NAME: Chrysler
CATEGORY NAME: Ferocius Pokemon

TYPE: Flying/Ground

Reasoning: Chrysler can jump really high. Sometimes when I let her outside I can't find her until I realize that she somehow jumped on the roof of our garage. I know we have like a short garage because i live in the suburbs but it still amazes me every time. Hense, the flying type.
Also Chrysler is verry good at digging. I swear there is probably like a whole dinosaur skeleton underneathe my house because she baries every bone we give her (my family goes to Outback Steakhouse a lot so we always give the rib bones to her) Hense, the ground type.
I think both of these types are very good because 1. flying is immune to ground and no other type is, and 2. ground is good against electric pokemon and its the only type that is. so, if you are ever battling an Arceus with an electric plate (Arceus is really strong btw), Chrysler would be a good counter pick.

ABILITIES: Immunity, Klutz
Reasoning: one time Chrylser got some really bad food poisoning because of some table scraps we gave her but after we took her to the vet she survived. Hense, Immunity.
Dogs don't have hands and therefore, they cant hold things. Hense, Klutz.

HIDDEN ABILITY:
Latch On
Ok. So this would actually be a new move that Game Freak adds to the game specificly for Chrysler. it causes the opposite Pokemon to switch out if Chrysler switches out. It is like they are linked together and its inspired by the one time Chrysler bit my arm and then didnt let go. I was shaking my arm so much and she was still on it.

POSIBLE MOVESET:

Bite
Crunch
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Pychic Fang
Signature Move: Ground Fang
Ground fang is a lot like Ice Fang but instead of having a 10% chance to freeze the opposite Pokemon, it has a 10% chance to bary the opponent in the ground.

STATS:

Health - 100
Attack - 240
Defense - 80
Super Attack - 300
Super Defense - 120
Speed - 435
As you can see, Chryslter would be very very focused on attack. This is true in real life because she bites me a lot and is the reason I keep a box of bandaids in my room. Her super attack statisitic is very similar to those of Hydriegon who is a fake legendary pokemon, but that means its really good, which also means that Chrysler would probably be very good. However, her defense statitic is low. This is because i bet that if I really wanted to i could punch Chrysler really hard and she would probably get hurt. Also her speed is very good because one time she ran away from home and aftter 10 minutes we found her like 6 blocks away

WEIGHT: 10.9 kg (she is kind of fat lol I keep telling mom to stop overfeeding her)
HEIGHT:
0.4 m

POKEDEX COLOR: Brown

Reasoning: Chrysler is brown

Anyway yeah. That's it... please let me know if Game Freak should add this to the next Pokegames and if you would play with Chrysler on your team in SPB! Thank you for reading.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Physical Attacker
move 1: Ground Fang
move 2: Fire Fang
move 3: Thunder Fang
move 4: Ice Fang
item: Life Orb / Choice Band
ability: Latch On
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

With an insane BST of 1275 along with the highest Speed, Attack, and Special attack in the entire game, Chrysler can thrive in the OU metagame if given the right support. The newly introduced ability Latch On is unique to Chrysler, and its arguably the best ability in the game, completely disrupting your opponents plans through out the game. While Chrysler has a lot going for herself, her movepool is severely lacking, limiting Chrysler's sets to purely physical moves, making her insane base 300 Special Attack rather useless. Chrysler's Flying / Ground typing is quite good, but with rather average defenses and a weakness to Ice and Water-type attacks, Chrysler can be easily revenge killed by the likes of Azumarill, Crawdaunt, and Mamoswine. Nevertheless, Chrysler should not be underestimated, and should be considered if you're looking for a wallbreaker or late game cleaner for your team. Ground Fang is Chrysler's form of STAB, which hits tremendously hard when backed up by Chrysler's great Attack. Fire Fang offers coverage to Grass-types such as Rillaboom that resist Ground Fang. Thunder Fang is used to nail the likes of Gyarados and Slowbro, which can absorb both Ground Fang and Fire Fang. Lastly, Ice Fang is also a form of coverage, but is mostly filler. An Adamant nature is preferred, as nothing in the OU metagame can outspeed Chrysler. Life Orb is the preferred item on this set, but a Choice Band is certainly viable for extra firepower and prevents Life Orb recoil.

Chrysler should look out for strong priority users such as Weavile, Mamoswine, Azumarill, and Crawdaunt. A boosted Ice Shard or Aqua Jet could KO Chrysler. As such, Rillaboom makes for an excellent team mate. Rillaboom is able to check both Azumarill and Crawdaunt, and can threaten Mamoswine with a boosted Grassy Glide. VoltTurn users such as Dragapult and Zeraora can bring Chrysler in safely, so they make for great partners. Ice-type resists such as Scizor or Rotom-H should be considered for team mates, Scizor in particular can revenge kill both Weavile and Mamoswine thanks to Bullet Punch. Due to Chrysler's ability to force switches, entry hazards are particularly effective to pair with her. Spikes users such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory can take on Mamoswine, and provide entry hazards. Lastly, Dual Screens support from the likes of Grimmsnarl can make Chrysler incredibly hard to revenge kill, and should be considered on more offensive teams.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[ShootingStarmie, 105816]]
- Quality checked by: [[Lkjc, 484118], [CaffeineBoost, 214675]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:
[SET]
item: Life Orb / Choice Bang
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

With an insane BST of 1275 along with the highest Speed, Attack, and Special attack in the entire game, Chrysler can thrive in the OU metagame if given the right support. The newly introduced ability Latch On is unique to Chrysler, and its arguably the best ability in the game, completely disrupting your opponents plans through out the game. While Chrysler has a lot going for herself, her movepool is severely lacking, limiting Chrysler's sets to purely physical sets, making her insane base 300 Special Attack rather useless. Chrysler's Flying / Ground typing is quite good, but with rather average defenses and a weakness to Ice and Water-type attacks, Chrysler can be easily revenge killed by the likes of Azumarill, Crawdaunt, and Mamoswine. Nevertheless, Chrysler should not be underestimated, and should be considered if you're looking for a wallbreaker or late game cleaner for your team. Ground Fang is Chrysler's form of STAB, which hits tremendously hard when backed up by Chrysler's great Attack. Fire Fang offers coverage to Grass-types such as Rillaboom that resist Ground Fang. Thunder Fang is used to nail the likes of Gyarados, which can absorb both Ground Fang and Fire Fang. Lastly, Ice Fang is also a form of coverage, but is mostly filler. An Adamant nature is preferred, as nothing in the OU metagame can outspeed Chrysler. Life Orb is the preferred item on this set, but a Choice Band is certainly viable for extra firepower.

Chrysler should look out for strong priority users such as Mamoswine, Azumarill, and Crawdaunt. A boosted Ice Shard or Aqua Jet could KO Chrysler. As such, Rillaboom makes for an excellent team mate. Rillaboom is able to check both Azumarill and Crawdaunt, and can threaten Mamoswine with a boosted Grassy Glide. VoltTurn users such as Dragapult and Zeraora can bring Chrysler in safely, so they make for great partners. Ice-type resists such as Scizor or Rotom-H should be considered for team mates. Due to Chrysler's ability to force switches, entry hazards are particularly effective to pair with her. Spikes users such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory can take on Mamoswine, and provide entry hazards. Lastly, Dual Screens support from the likes of Grimmsnarl can make Chrysler unstoppable, and should be considered on more offensive teams.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
O.M.G.!!! Thank you so much!!! I don't know what the "OU metagame" is but if you guys have an acronym for it it must have something to do with the SPB community. This is great news for my dreams of having Chrysler get added to Pokemon and being used in SPB. I'm really glad you were able to come up with a good way to use Chrysler in batle. Also I knew Chrysler was fast but I didn't think she was that fast!!!!!! Funny how such a tiny dog can go so fast so qucikly. I am proud to announce that I will soon be emaling Game Freak and asking him to consider adding Chrystler to Pokemon gen VIV. hopfully, soon, all of you lovely fellows will be able to put Chrysler on your team as i have wished for many times before!!!

IBM

Banned deucer.
[SET]
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Nothing outspeeds Chrysler with 0 speed invest so bulk would be better.

[SET COMMENTS]

With an insane BST of 1275 along with the highest Speed, Attack, and Special attack in the entire game, Chrysler can thrive in the OU metagame if given the right support. The newly introduced ability Latch On is unique to Chrysler, and its arguably the best ability in the game, completely disrupting your opponents plans through out the game. While Chrysler has a lot going for herself, her movepool is severely lacking, limiting Chrysler's sets to purely physical sets moves, making her insane base 300 Special Attack rather useless. Chrysler's Flying / Ground typing is quite good, but with rather average defenses and a weakness to Ice and Water-type attacks, Chrysler can be easily revenge killed by the likes of Azumarill, Crawdaunt, and Mamoswine. Nevertheless, Chrysler should not be underestimated, and should be considered if you're looking for a wallbreaker or late game cleaner for your team. Ground Fang is Chrysler's form of STAB, which hits tremendously hard when backed up by Chrysler's great Attack. Fire Fang offers coverage to Grass-types such as Rillaboom that resist Ground Fang. Thunder Fang is used to nail the likes of Gyarados Is this really the best example?, which can absorb both Ground Fang and Fire Fang. Lastly, Ice Fang is also a form of coverage, but is mostly filler. An Adamant nature is preferred, as nothing in the OU metagame can outspeed Chrysler. Life Orb is the preferred item on this set, but a Choice Band is certainly viable for extra firepower. What does Choice band help with specifically?

Chrysler should look out for strong priority users such as Mamoswine, Azumarill, and Crawdaunt. A boosted Ice Shard or Aqua Jet could KO Chrysler. As such, Rillaboom makes for an excellent team mate. Rillaboom is able to check both Azumarill and Crawdaunt, and can threaten Mamoswine with a boosted Grassy Glide. VoltTurn users such as Dragapult and Zeraora can bring Chrysler in safely, so they make for great partners. Ice-type resists such as Scizor or Rotom-H should be considered for team mates. Due to Chrysler's ability to force switches, entry hazards are particularly effective to pair with her. Spikes users such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory can take on Mamoswine, and provide entry hazards. Lastly, Dual Screens support from the likes of Grimmsnarl can make Chrysler unstoppable Find better wording, it can still be brought down through status, and should be considered on more offensive teams.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
QC 1/2 Tag me when implemented

252+ Atk Life Orb Chrysler Ground Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 208-247 (46.8 - 55.6%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 237-280 (53.3 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Chrysler's insane base attack stat is severely hampered by the low base power of it's moves. As base stats are also capped at 255, chrysler also can only achieve a max effective speed of 669 (nice), letting it be outsped by any rather fast pokemon after a +2 boost. While likely completely overcentralising in OU, Chrysler will likely fit in as a top tier threat in Ubers or AG, as counterplay is not completely out of the window: namely, mamoswine can OHKO without needing to boost, and classical physically defensive walls can eat multiple shots aimed at it from Chrysler, and return an OHKO with ice coverage.

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Chrysler: 411-489 (101.7 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Keep in mind this is assuming latch on immediately gets banned above AG, or is never released a la shadow tag chandelure: lord have mercy if it's actually legal

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
[SET]
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

With an insane BST of 1275 along with the highest Speed, Attack, and Special attack in the entire game, Chrysler can thrive in the OU metagame if given the right support. The newly introduced ability Latch On is unique to Chrysler, and its arguably the best ability in the game, completely disrupting your opponents plans through out the game. While Chrysler has a lot going for herself, her movepool is severely lacking, limiting Chrysler's sets to purely physical moves, making her insane base 300 Special Attack rather useless. Chrysler's Flying / Ground typing is quite good, but with rather average defenses and a weakness to Ice and Water-type attacks, Chrysler can be easily revenge killed by the likes of Azumarill, Crawdaunt, and Mamoswine. Nevertheless, Chrysler should not be underestimated, and should be considered if you're looking for a wallbreaker or late game cleaner for your team. Ground Fang is Chrysler's form of STAB, which hits tremendously hard when backed up by Chrysler's great Attack. Fire Fang offers coverage to Grass-types such as Rillaboom that resist Ground Fang. Thunder Fang is used to nail the likes of Gyarados and Slowbro, which can absorb both Ground Fang and Fire Fang. Lastly, Ice Fang is also a form of coverage, but is mostly filler. An Adamant nature is preferred, as nothing in the OU metagame can outspeed Chrysler. Life Orb is the preferred item on this set, but a Choice Band is certainly viable for extra firepower and prevents Life Orb recoil.

Chrysler should look out for strong priority users such as Weavile, Mamoswine, Azumarill, and Crawdaunt. A boosted Ice Shard or Aqua Jet could KO Chrysler. As such, Rillaboom makes for an excellent team mate. Rillaboom is able to check both Azumarill and Crawdaunt, and can threaten Mamoswine with a boosted Grassy Glide. VoltTurn users such as Dragapult and Zeraora can bring Chrysler in safely, so they make for great partners. Ice-type resists such as Scizor or Rotom-H should be considered for team mates, Scizor in particular can revenge kill both Weavile and Mamoswine thanks to Bullet Punch. Due to Chrysler's ability to force switches, entry hazards are particularly effective to pair with her. Spikes users such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory can take on Mamoswine, and provide entry hazards. Lastly, Dual Screens support from the likes of Grimmsnarl can make Chrysler incredibly hard to revenge kill, and should be considered on more offensive teams.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Lkjc, 484118], [username2, userid2]]
QC approved, 1/3

OK so I have read you're guyses chriticisms and I would like to announce a NEW MOVE for chrysler. Get ready.. and make sure your socks are held on tight (because they are about to fly into outer space).

Before I unleashe this onto the world I would like to put a bit of an explanation as to why I decided to add this move. Ever since I was a child, i was bullied in school. I used to excape from this harsh reality by going on our family computer. It's actually what got me into Pokemon. Seeing many-a-fan-content on the internet like that one time Chuggaaconroy found a shining Koffing is what made me fall in love with Pokemon immediately. I never got very into the SPB community before I joined this forum, but playing the games and watching the anime is what really helped me cope with my hardships in school. Anyway the fact that you guys think that Chrysler's moveset is lacking reminded me of that so I am adding two new moves

NEW MOVE: Flying Dig
Learned at: Level 50
Type: Flying
Category: Psychical
PP: 15
Power: 98.6 (Sorry but I was thinking of the human body temperature when i wrote this)
Accuracy: 100
Effects: Can effect anyone on the battlefield; functions like fly and dig where you need to spend 1 turn digging into the air but afterwards it attacks and goes like BOOM and it plays a really cool animation when it does.
Overworld effect: This move can be used as both a replacement for Fly (so you don't have to walk) and Dig (to excape caves).
Description: The user digs high up into the sky and then strikes its target on the next turn.

NEW MOVE: Claw Stab
Learned at: Level 35
Type: Steel
Category: Psychical
PP: 20
Power: 100
Accuracy: 90
Effects: Has a 5% to lower the opposite Pokemon's defense harshley. This is to replicate the idea that stabbing someone would cause them to bleed which means they have less skin and blood which means they lose defense.
Overworld effect: This move can be used to attempt stabbing non-plable characters which immediately teleports you to the nearest town with a jail (this will be a new feature in the next generation).
Description: The user stabs the opposite Pokemon with their claws. This may cause the opposite Pokemon to lose some defense if you are lucky.

Explanation: Ok so I heard three (edit: i miscounted, its actually four) main things from you guys.
  1. I did not give Chrysler a flying move
  2. I did not give Chrysler a stab move
  3. I did not give Chrysler Dig
  4. and I did not give Chrysler moves with good power points above 65​
These two moves should hopefully solve this and that was my main goal in writing this. I hope you guys find my passion towards Chrysler's Pokemon carreer to be admirable.

Edit: i should also mention that other Pokemon in Gen VIV will also have these moves so its not a signature move like Ground Fang was.

Last edited:
PRERESQUITE:
I am very new to the Cosmog Forums and I don't know a lot about Pokemon so I was just asking if some freindly folks here on the platform could help me answer a question considering SPB (Serious Pokemon Battling; Ive heard some people call it competive but i don't think everything in life should be a competition).

body paragraph:
So the question I just want to know is IS MY DOG COMPETIVELY VIBLE? I was thinking of emailing Game Freak and asking him to put my dog in the game. But I don't want them to do that if I know my dog will not be used in SPB. This is why I am reaching out to you guys to help me detirmine this and tell me once and for all if my dog will be a good Pokemon.

So this is my dog.
View attachment 275102
Her name is Chrysler (like the car) Also please do not ask me why she is named that. she used to be my uncle's.
Anyway just from this picture alone you can kind of get a feel for how strong my dog might be in SPB. I provied further statisitics and information below.

NAME: Chrysler
CATEGORY NAME: Ferocius Pokemon

TYPE: Flying/Ground

Reasoning: Chrysler can jump really high. Sometimes when I let her outside I can't find her until I realize that she somehow jumped on the roof of our garage. I know we have like a short garage because i live in the suburbs but it still amazes me every time. Hense, the flying type.
Also Chrysler is verry good at digging. I swear there is probably like a whole dinosaur skeleton underneathe my house because she baries every bone we give her (my family goes to Outback Steakhouse a lot so we always give the rib bones to her) Hense, the ground type.
I think both of these types are very good because 1. flying is immune to ground and no other type is, and 2. ground is good against electric pokemon and its the only type that is. so, if you are ever battling an Arceus with an electric plate (Arceus is really strong btw), Chrysler would be a good counter pick.

ABILITIES: Immunity, Klutz
Reasoning: one time Chrylser got some really bad food poisoning because of some table scraps we gave her but after we took her to the vet she survived. Hense, Immunity.
Dogs don't have hands and therefore, they cant hold things. Hense, Klutz.

HIDDEN ABILITY:
Latch On
Ok. So this would actually be a new move that Game Freak adds to the game specificly for Chrysler. it causes the opposite Pokemon to switch out if Chrysler switches out. It is like they are linked together and its inspired by the one time Chrysler bit my arm and then didnt let go. I was shaking my arm so much and she was still on it.

POSIBLE MOVESET:
Bite
Crunch
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Pychic Fang
Signature Move: Ground Fang
Ground fang is a lot like Ice Fang but instead of having a 10% chance to freeze the opposite Pokemon, it has a 10% chance to bary the opponent in the ground.

STATS:
Health - 100
Attack - 240
Defense - 80
Super Attack - 300
Super Defense - 120
Speed - 435
As you can see, Chryslter would be very very focused on attack. This is true in real life because she bites me a lot and is the reason I keep a box of bandaids in my room. Her super attack statisitic is very similar to those of Hydriegon who is a fake legendary pokemon, but that means its really good, which also means that Chrysler would probably be very good. However, her defense statitic is low. This is because i bet that if I really wanted to i could punch Chrysler really hard and she would probably get hurt. Also her speed is very good because one time she ran away from home and aftter 10 minutes we found her like 6 blocks away

WEIGHT: 10.9 kg (she is kind of fat lol I keep telling mom to stop overfeeding her)
HEIGHT: 0.4 m

POKEDEX COLOR: Brown
Reasoning: Chrysler is brown

Anyway yeah. That's it... please let me know if Game Freak should add this to the next Pokegames and if you would play with Chrysler on your team in SPB! Thank you for reading.
This is not viable as it cannot break through common stall staples such as my dog and opposing levitate eternatus-eternadog. gg wp, your dog had it’s time

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)