SM OU Quick All-Out Offense | First time 1500

Hello! I am CSPDR4, MadeOutOfCake on Showdown. I have posted other RMT’s long ago. I wasn’t as good as I am now, and I thought I’d post the team I have been using here in order to receive some hints and tips to continue to climb above 1500. I’ve never been this high, and I still haven’t been on losing streaks. I have a winning streak and then I miss a Play Rough in one of the games and it is game over for me.

You don’t need to tell me my team is not super creative, because I know, and this is OU.

I might have forgotten the exact RMT protocol so if I am doing something wrong please tell me.

Mawile-Mega (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch
- Thunder Punch

The always elusive Mawile. Last gen, she was in Ubers, and almost thrived there, I loved using her as well, so when I saw she got placed in OU I had to make a team for her.

Let me explain why I use this moveset.
Play Rough is for obvious reasons - STAB.
Sucker Punch is a basic pick for Mawile as well. I think this is why she is in OU now, because Sucker Punch got a nerf last gen, BP 90 —> BP 70. Still, I cannot think of a Mawile set without it. The priority is great because Mawile is generally slow, and it takes out Ghost and Psychic types that are otherwise hard to hit. It KO’s the Latii with ease, for example.
Focus Punch might be a strange choice. But it’s sheer power makes it a threat to everyone and an unaware opponent might switch into it. It’s perfect against threats like Ferrothorn, Heatran that switches in, anything that switches into it with either super-effective or neutral damage because of Mawile’s insane attack.
Thunder Punch, so it doesn’t get hard-countered by Toxapex, a very popular ‘mon, and has a chance against Celesteela, Skarmory, and Tapu Fini.

I will explain the strange EV spread.
Obviously, maximize attack.
I gave it some speed EV’s to outspeed uninvested Celesteela and uninvested Tyranitar, which would otherwise be able to check or kill Mawile. Now you can take the enemy by surprise, outspeed, and KO.

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Hawlucha is a very popular choice, and for a reason. It has a great niche in becoming so blindingly fast, that it outspeeds some Choice Scarfers (eg Excadrill, Lando-T, and even Pokemon with a higher speed tier and a scarf such as Greninja and Ash-Greninja).

Acrobatics is for STAB, same goes for HJK.
I don’t know about Stone Edge. What should I change it into?
Swords Dance so it can setup against Stall Teams and perhaps sweep?

It’s already extremely quick so I choose to maximize attack so it deals more damage. Hawlucha is unfortunately not too strong by nature.

Electric Seed is a basic choice for a team with a Koko I guess?

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

Kyu-B, a beast. It’s power with Life Orb is insane, and unless you are Steel or Fairy, you will take insane damage of the Outrage.

Kyu-B gets hard-checked and countered by Mega Scizor, which is annoying.
Another Hard Check would be Garchomp, but I got Mawile with which I can switchpredict.

Ice Beam is for STAB and to kill Lando-T, Zygarde without locking into Outrage. It 50-50’s with Max Spe Zygarde but on DDance Zygarde sets they usually run maximum attack, so Zygarde can usually not switch in.

Earth Power gives it a means to OHKO Heatran which would otherwise be a viable switch-in, it even damages Defence or uninvested Magearna. If it is low it is a good choice. It also damages Excadrill.
Fusion Bolt deals a lot of damage and cripples Toxapex, which cannot survive with HP under the 75% (when spdef set).
Outrage is STAB. And it hits hard. Very hard.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

Specs-Ash-Gren is one of my favourite sets. When I built it I didn’t know it was a popular set.
The double STAB seems like a bad idea, but just Hydro Pump makes it unreliable and Surf makes it less powerful so I took both. I want opinions on this for sure. Should I do Ice Beam instead of Pump?
Dark Pulse is STAB, and the Flinch does regularly kick in giving me free wins.
Extrasensory so it doesnt get walled by Toxapex, and so it can damage Fighting types.

The EV spread is basic.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Kind of a suicide Lead, but it is actually not always my lead. It depends on the other team’s possible leads.

EQ for STAB.
Knock Off for utility.
SR for utility.
Explosion so I hopefully get a free kill for my almost dead Lando.

I prefer HP Lando with this set, so it actually gets to setup rocks and maybe survive a hit. Maybe Explode with a little bit of hp left.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Koko is the switcher. My fastest mon without stat boosts on my team with scarf, it outspeeds all scarfers with less base speed, and still manages to cripple weaker ‘mon or even kill mon that do not resist it’s Wild Charge. It can still hit like a tank with Electric Terrain.

Wild Charge is the main STAB.
U-Turn for utility. Use when Volt Switch is resisted.
Volt Switch for utility and when U-Turn is resisted.
Brave Bird to outspeed and kill Mega Lopunny, which would otherwise sweep a lot of my team if Hawl is dead.

EV spread is basic again.

Checks
Scarf Garchomp: Scarf Garchomp can kill a lot of my team: unboosted Hawlucha, Greninja, Kyurem-B. Mawile is only a good switch in when it is locked into Outrage.
Mega Lopunny: M-Lop kills Greninja, Kyu-B and Lando-T with ease and it can cripple the other members of my team. I do have Hawlucha that can outspeed when unburdened, and the BB from Koko, but if those are dead, Lop has free play.
Mega Medicham: M-Medi can Fake Out & Switch a lot of my team because they do not resist it. Only Mawile can, but will get easily killed by a HJK.
Kyu-B: Other Kyu’s can check some ‘mon in my team: It can threaten Mawile and KO if it is low, it takes Ash-Gren’s D-Pulse and KO’s in return, OHKO’s Lando-T and threatens my Koko as well. My only means of fighting back is a Kyu-B 50-50 or a Hawlucha HJK.

Check & Counter
Mega Scizor (any set): Because my team lacks Fire types this one ‘mon has basically free play. Insane bulk, insane attack and a good ability makes it check Kyu-B extremely hard. Ash-Gren and the Pump come to the rescue. Unless it is SpDef invested, and Pump doesn’t miss, it has no chance against Ash-Gren. But otherwise it’s a very powerful beast, threatening a lot in my team with setting up and sweeping.

Counters
Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn can Paralyze Mawile when she is focusing for a FP, spread Rocks and Spikes while taking hits. My team lacks Fire completely so Ferro has almost free play, only needing to watch out for Hawlucha and Mawile.
Mega Sableye: Mega Sableye is not susceptible for anything in my team except for Mawile’s Play Rough. It hard-counters Hawlucha and burns it, burns Kyu-B after taking an Outrage, and burns Koko because Koko doesn’t deal enough damage. Then it recovers them out or spam Wisp to burn anything switching in.

Well that’s it. I would love tips, I crave them. I am sure this team is not very good and nowhere near optimal. I am very bad at choosing the right EV spreads. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey I am going to assume that this is meant to be a hyper offense team with the sets you are running and the lack of a defensive backbone. If this is the case here are some suggestions I would make.

1. You don't need to run max speed on your Hawlucha because with the set on smogon it outsiders everything anyway. If you want you could speed creep other Lucha which is up to you, if do add a little more speed investment to set below.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

2. Your tapu koko doesn't need both volt switch and u-turn as it is just meant to revenge kill or grab momentum. Seeing as it is a physical set just keep u-turn. I would run hp ice for the last slot for landorus and zygarde. So put the 4 spd Evs into special attack.

3. Seeing as lando is basically a suicide lead I suggest running max speed over hp investment and run focus sash to ensure rocks go up and then press boom if you can.

4. Consider running spikes on greninja over extrasensory to apply more offensive pressure. You have 3 Pokemon that absolutely blow toxapex back so I see no reason to run it personally. Also run water shuriken over surf because the priority is important for gren. And once you change it hits hard.

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

5. Finally your kyurem set is pretty all over the place. You are running life orb which is favoured on most special sets but running max attack. If you want a life orb set go with this:
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Roost

Or run a more physical z set:

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

The z move can be varied as electrium z is an option if you want to nuke scizor or jirachi if do you don't need freeze shock and can run another coverage move. If you want outrage then you can try that over freeze shock with a potential Dragonium Z.

Hello! I am CSPDR4, MadeOutOfCake on Showdown. I have posted other RMT’s long ago. I wasn’t as good as I am now, and I thought I’d post the team I have been using here in order to receive some hints and tips to continue to climb above 1500. I’ve never been this high, and I still haven’t been on losing streaks. I have a winning streak and then I miss a Play Rough in one of the games and it is game over for me.

You don’t need to tell me my team is not super creative, because I know, and this is OU.

I might have forgotten the exact RMT protocol so if I am doing something wrong please tell me.

Mawile-Mega (F) @ Mawilite
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch
- Thunder Punch

The always elusive Mawile. Last gen, she was in Ubers, and almost thrived there, I loved using her as well, so when I saw she got placed in OU I had to make a team for her.

Let me explain why I use this moveset.
Play Rough is for obvious reasons - STAB.
Sucker Punch is a basic pick for Mawile as well. I think this is why she is in OU now, because Sucker Punch got a nerf last gen, BP 90 —> BP 70. Still, I cannot think of a Mawile set without it. The priority is great because Mawile is generally slow, and it takes out Ghost and Psychic types that are otherwise hard to hit. It KO’s the Latii with ease, for example.
Focus Punch might be a strange choice. But it’s sheer power makes it a threat to everyone and an unaware opponent might switch into it. It’s perfect against threats like Ferrothorn, Heatran that switches in, anything that switches into it with either super-effective or neutral damage because of Mawile’s insane attack.
Thunder Punch, so it doesn’t get hard-countered by Toxapex, a very popular ‘mon, and has a chance against Celesteela, Skarmory, and Tapu Fini.

I will explain the strange EV spread.
Obviously, maximize attack.
I gave it some speed EV’s to outspeed uninvested Celesteela and uninvested Tyranitar, which would otherwise be able to check or kill Mawile. Now you can take the enemy by surprise, outspeed, and KO.

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Hawlucha is a very popular choice, and for a reason. It has a great niche in becoming so blindingly fast, that it outspeeds some Choice Scarfers (eg Excadrill, Lando-T, and even Pokemon with a higher speed tier and a scarf such as Greninja and Ash-Greninja).

Acrobatics is for STAB, same goes for HJK.
I don’t know about Stone Edge. What should I change it into?
Swords Dance so it can setup against Stall Teams and perhaps sweep?

It’s already extremely quick so I choose to maximize attack so it deals more damage. Hawlucha is unfortunately not too strong by nature.

Electric Seed is a basic choice for a team with a Koko I guess?

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

Kyu-B, a beast. It’s power with Life Orb is insane, and unless you are Steel or Fairy, you will take insane damage of the Outrage.

Kyu-B gets hard-checked and countered by Mega Scizor, which is annoying.
Another Hard Check would be Garchomp, but I got Mawile with which I can switchpredict.

Ice Beam is for STAB and to kill Lando-T, Zygarde without locking into Outrage. It 50-50’s with Max Spe Zygarde but on DDance Zygarde sets they usually run maximum attack, so Zygarde can usually not switch in.

Earth Power gives it a means to OHKO Heatran which would otherwise be a viable switch-in, it even damages Defence or uninvested Magearna. If it is low it is a good choice. It also damages Excadrill.
Fusion Bolt deals a lot of damage and cripples Toxapex, which cannot survive with HP under the 75% (when spdef set).
Outrage is STAB. And it hits hard. Very hard.

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

Specs-Ash-Gren is one of my favourite sets. When I built it I didn’t know it was a popular set.
The double STAB seems like a bad idea, but just Hydro Pump makes it unreliable and Surf makes it less powerful so I took both. I want opinions on this for sure. Should I do Ice Beam instead of Pump?
Dark Pulse is STAB, and the Flinch does regularly kick in giving me free wins.
Extrasensory so it doesnt get walled by Toxapex, and so it can damage Fighting types.

The EV spread is basic.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Kind of a suicide Lead, but it is actually not always my lead. It depends on the other team’s possible leads.

EQ for STAB.
Knock Off for utility.
SR for utility.
Explosion so I hopefully get a free kill for my almost dead Lando.

I prefer HP Lando with this set, so it actually gets to setup rocks and maybe survive a hit. Maybe Explode with a little bit of hp left.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Koko is the switcher. My fastest mon without stat boosts on my team with scarf, it outspeeds all scarfers with less base speed, and still manages to cripple weaker ‘mon or even kill mon that do not resist it’s Wild Charge. It can still hit like a tank with Electric Terrain.

Wild Charge is the main STAB.
U-Turn for utility. Use when Volt Switch is resisted.
Volt Switch for utility and when U-Turn is resisted.
Brave Bird to outspeed and kill Mega Lopunny, which would otherwise sweep a lot of my team if Hawl is dead.

EV spread is basic again.

Checks
Scarf Garchomp: Scarf Garchomp can kill a lot of my team: unboosted Hawlucha, Greninja, Kyurem-B. Mawile is only a good switch in when it is locked into Outrage.
Mega Lopunny: M-Lop kills Greninja, Kyu-B and Lando-T with ease and it can cripple the other members of my team. I do have Hawlucha that can outspeed when unburdened, and the BB from Koko, but if those are dead, Lop has free play.
Mega Medicham: M-Medi can Fake Out & Switch a lot of my team because they do not resist it. Only Mawile can, but will get easily killed by a HJK.
Kyu-B: Other Kyu’s can check some ‘mon in my team: It can threaten Mawile and KO if it is low, it takes Ash-Gren’s D-Pulse and KO’s in return, OHKO’s Lando-T and threatens my Koko as well. My only means of fighting back is a Kyu-B 50-50 or a Hawlucha HJK.

Check & Counter
Mega Scizor (any set): Because my team lacks Fire types this one ‘mon has basically free play. Insane bulk, insane attack and a good ability makes it check Kyu-B extremely hard. Ash-Gren and the Pump come to the rescue. Unless it is SpDef invested, and Pump doesn’t miss, it has no chance against Ash-Gren. But otherwise it’s a very powerful beast, threatening a lot in my team with setting up and sweeping.

Counters
Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn can Paralyze Mawile when she is focusing for a FP, spread Rocks and Spikes while taking hits. My team lacks Fire completely so Ferro has almost free play, only needing to watch out for Hawlucha and Mawile.
Mega Sableye: Mega Sableye is not susceptible for anything in my team except for Mawile’s Play Rough. It hard-counters Hawlucha and burns it, burns Kyu-B after taking an Outrage, and burns Koko because Koko doesn’t deal enough damage. Then it recovers them out or spam Wisp to burn anything switching in.

Well that’s it. I would love tips, I crave them. I am sure this team is not very good and nowhere near optimal. I am very bad at choosing the right EV spreads. Thanks in advance!
have a few small suggestions for your koko. nnumber 1, run special and not physical, as u maintain ur stabs and dont take recoil. 2ndly, run knot as ur highly weak to rain. other then this it looks good though

Hey I am going to assume that this is meant to be a hyper offense team with the sets you are running and the lack of a defensive backbone. If this is the case here are some suggestions I would make.

1. You don't need to run max speed on your Hawlucha because with the set on smogon it outsiders everything anyway. If you want you could speed creep other Lucha which is up to you, if do add a little more speed investment to set below.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

2. Your tapu koko doesn't need both volt switch and u-turn as it is just meant to revenge kill or grab momentum. Seeing as it is a physical set just keep u-turn. I would run hp ice for the last slot for landorus and zygarde. So put the 4 spd Evs into special attack.

3. Seeing as lando is basically a suicide lead I suggest running max speed over hp investment and run focus sash to ensure rocks go up and then press boom if you can.

4. Consider running spikes on greninja over extrasensory to apply more offensive pressure. You have 3 Pokemon that absolutely blow toxapex back so I see no reason to run it personally. Also run water shuriken over surf because the priority is important for gren. And once you change it hits hard.

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

5. Finally your kyurem set is pretty all over the place. You are running life orb which is favoured on most special sets but running max attack. If you want a life orb set go with this:
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Roost

Or run a more physical z set:

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

The z move can be varied as electrium z is an option if you want to nuke scizor or jirachi if do you don't need freeze shock and can run another coverage move. If you want outrage then you can try that over freeze shock with a potential Dragonium Z.
Yo! Thanks a lot for the reply. I guess it is indeed Hyper Offense. I automatically build Hyper Offense, because I actually have fun playing with it. That’s why I’m here anyway, to have fun.

For starters, I will definitely change my Hawlucha. Never thought about it’s speed this way. I did kill another Hawlucha once, that was probably running that set.

Yes, maybe two switch moves on Koko is a little too much. I will try your set out.

I will change my Landorus too. I do really like Rocky Helmet’s niche, though, and Lando’s speed isn’t outstanding either, but I will try before saying no to it.

I considered Shuriken on Greninja, I’ll change that, but I really do not feel like putting spikes on it. I never liked spikes. I think I’ll continue running Extrasensory for now. Maybe I’ll change my mind later. Would you think Toxic Spikes a viable choice though?

I am not really feeling good about the Kyurem set. But I’ll change it up. Who knows. It might work better. I am sure you’ve got more exoerience on this.

You gave me a lot of new input with which I can work. Replies like yours are why I posted this, shedding some new light on my team. I am just a casual player so advice is always welcome.

Once again, thanks and have a nice day!

Yo! Thanks a lot for the reply. I guess it is indeed Hyper Offense. I automatically build Hyper Offense, because I actually have fun playing with it. That’s why I’m here anyway, to have fun.

For starters, I will definitely change my Hawlucha. Never thought about it’s speed this way. I did kill another Hawlucha once, that was probably running that set.

Yes, maybe two switch moves on Koko is a little too much. I will try your set out.

I will change my Landorus too. I do really like Rocky Helmet’s niche, though, and Lando’s speed isn’t outstanding either, but I will try before saying no to it.

I considered Shuriken on Greninja, I’ll change that, but I really do not feel like putting spikes on it. I never liked spikes. I think I’ll continue running Extrasensory for now. Maybe I’ll change my mind later. Would you think Toxic Spikes a viable choice though?

I am not really feeling good about the Kyurem set. But I’ll change it up. Who knows. It might work better. I am sure you’ve got more exoerience on this.

You gave me a lot of new input with which I can work. Replies like yours are why I posted this, shedding some new light on my team. I am just a casual player so advice is always welcome.

Once again, thanks and have a nice day!
I don't recommend t spikes on greninja unless you want to run a duo suicide lead where lando gets up rocks then you bring in protean sash gren to get up spikes and t spikes. Though this normally requires the other mons to just start setting up to sweep with DD, and SD etc.

With the first kyurem set you don't need the attack as it already has a lot when uninvested and because you are running koko fusion bolt is powered up anyways. But yeah the set is up to you tbh, but if you need to know what each set beats in more detail just send a private message and I'll explain further if required :)

And yes Rocky Helmet lando is nice but only good on defensive variants of lando as they take several hits throughout the match which this set you have can't really do.

Hope this helps good luck with future teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)