SM NU R.I.P.

INTRODUCTION:

It's been a good six months since I first built this team, and I've finally decided to showcase it. Osh recently used this team for his Week 5 SPL Game vs Tricking, whilst myself as well as others have spammed it on the ladder for reqs, or in smaller tours such as Seasonal to good degrees of success. Hyper Offensive builds have been something I've constantly experimented with, and this build in particular, is something I've really enjoyed using. Whilst three Pokemon dedicated to getting up hazards / screens may seem excessive, I personally feel it's a fairly good offensive pick in the current metagame, being able to stand a chance against most archetypes.

Xatu was everywhere when I had the inspiration for this team, and Mold Breaker Druddigon was something that guarantees rocks up which aids pressuring, so I decided to use this as a starting point.

I decided to go with a Screens Offense build, so as a result, I added Electrode due to its ability to not only keep rocks up with taunt, but also since it's able to reliably get up screens.

I added both Accelgor and Comfey together. Comfey is devastating behind screens and I thought that TSpikes + Spikes support would allow it to easily whittle down its checks and make it devastating late game, so Accelgor seemed like a perfect fit to aid that.

Mismagius makes another return due to its ability to keep hazards up with Taunt + Spin Blocking the likes of Blastoise, and even Dhelmise if need be.

And finally, I decided to add Incineroar as its defensive typing is invaluable, allowing me to take advantage of the likes of Ice Types.

I decided to then scrap Electrode and go with Dual Screens Xatu, as it provided me a more consistent way of momentum grabbing, but also allowed me to set up Screens whilst discouraging rocks and taunt.

The Team:

druddigon @ focus sash | mold breaker

jolly | 252hp / 252spe / 4hp
taunt | stealth rock | roar / dragon tail / earthquake | glare

Easily my favourite lead for Hyper Offense, and I think it's one of the most consistent Stealth Rock setters in the tier. Mold Breaker is a gift from God, and the ability to get them up with very little drawback in a Xatu-Infested metagame is huge. Taunt allows me to prevent opposing Hazards from majority of setters, whilst also being able to keep my own up, and maximum speed allows me to do this versus faster setters like Jolly Rhydon. Glare is also a godsend, it allows me to cripple faster hazard removers and Taunt them, making it easier to keep up SR as well as offensive pressure. Finally, Roar allows me to ParaShuffle, stack up hazard damage, and phase out Pokemon which could potentially threaten Druddigon. Roar allows you to bypass Substitute, however, it also makes Drud very susceptible to Taunt. Dragon Tail gives Druddigon a way to phase out Taunt users, but makes it more prone to Substitute users. Earthquake gives you a way to pressure Rotom, which is otherwise immune to Glare and has a easier time removing Rocks as a result. Maximum HP gives Druddigon added bulk, giving it more opportunities to Glare / Roar / Get Up Hazards if your Sash is broken.

xatu @ light clay | magic bounce
jolly | 252hp / 252spe / 4 spdef
reflect | light screen | night shade | u-turn

Xatu is a great screens setter, and pairs especially well with a Druddigon that is so susceptible to taunt. Magic Bounce is able to discourage Stealth Rocks, Taunt and status, all of which can be very detrimental to this team. Xatu also does a great job at punishing Pokemon who do decide to go for moves that are bounceable, because it heavily shifts momentum, allowing to me to set up screens and generate my own momentum in the form of U-Turn. Not much to say about this set, but Dual Screens are able to heavily assist Comfey and Incineroar in their cleaning capabilities, and Mismagius to an extent too. Night Shade gives Xatu a way to do some consistent damage and not be hard walled by the likes Incineroar. Max Speed allows me to get up Screens vs the likes of Medicham, Vivillon and Jolly Magmortar, and U-Turn out of those threats respectably. Max HP just makes Xatu's time getting up screens a lot easier by increasing its bulk.

accelgor @ focus sash | unburden
timid | 252spa / 252spe / 4spd
toxic spikes | spikes | bug buzz | final gambit / focus blast

Accelgor is a great Spikes Setter due to its insane Speed Tier and its ability to pressure Xatu, this makes it a very nice pick for an offensive build. Spikes help stack up damage on the likes of Incineroar, Diancie, Vileplume, etc to make it easier for both Comfey and Incineroar to clean late game. TSpikes does the same, slowly crippling defensive threats, whilst also allowing Incineroar to spam Substitute until the likes of Diancie and Incineroars are in range of Power Trip. Final Gambit allows Accelgor to sac itself and get a free switch into either an abuser, Mismagius, or Xatu to set up screens; maintaining offensive pressure whilst also retaining hazards on potential defoggers. Max Special Attack in conjunction with Final Gambit is used as opposed to Max HP is to be able to 2HKO Xatu and threaten it out. Max Speed with a Timid nature allows you outspeed Scarf Passimian and other Base 80 Scarfers by one point. Focus Blast can be used to pressure Incineroar at the cost of being more susceptible to removal.

comfey @ life orb | triage
modest | 148hp / 252spa / 108spe
calm mind | taunt / giga drain | draining kiss | hidden power fire

This Pokemon behind screens is insane, and has the potential to do a lot of damage late game due to the amount of set up opportunities it gets, especially behind screens. This set is very standard, but I opted for a faster Comfey, outrunning Decidueye and allowing me to either to do good damage to it with Hidden Power Fire or simply Taunt it and prevent it from Defogging. Calm Mind is self explanatory, and it's what makes Comfey into such a devastating sweeper but again, in conjunction with Screens, it's really easy to get up a couple of Calm Minds. Draining Kiss is a consistent STAB with priority that can recover HP and keep Comfey healthy throughout, whilst HP Fire allows you to hit Fairy resists such as Vileplume and Steelix. You can also opt for HP Ground to be able to Incineroar and Delphox whilst still being able to hit Lix, however, I dislike not being able to hit Plume. Finally, Taunt is there to further prevent defoggers and keep up hazards; Giga Drain is also an option to hit the likes of Diancie and Rhydon for Incineroar in the late game.

mismagius @ ghostium z | levitate

timid | 252spa / 252spe / 4spd
nasty plot / taunt / shadow ball / power gem

I think Mismagius is a very good Pokemon on Hyper Offensive builds, because it's great at keeping up hazards not only in the form of Spin Blocking, but also being able to run Taunt without much of an opportunity cost. Nasty Plotting earlier on forces in common Mismagius checks, usually in the form of Dark Types (namely Incineroar), which then allows it to cripple them for Incineroar and Comfey in the late game. Power Gem is a necessity in a metagame influxed with Incineroar, and it gives Mismagius the ability to OHKO standard defensive variants after SR + One Spike. Ghostium Z + Shadow Ball allows Mismagius to steamroll past the likes of Vaporeon and Vileplume, again, opening up doors. Rockium Z is an option to ease the reliance on hazards, however, I feel like this team usually does a good job in keeping them up and I feel Ghostium is generally more consistent. Its typing is also a blessing on this team, allowing it to take advantage of a CC locked Passimian after attempting to revenge-killing Incineroar; conversely, clicking Knock vs this gives set-up opportunities to Incineroar and Comfey.

incineroar @ weakness policy | intimidate
jolly | 252hp / 252spe / 4spd
bulk up / power trip / flame charge / substitute

Similarly to Comfey, this thing behind Screens is nuts. With an insane defensive typing and Intimidate, Incineroar is able to set up on even the likes of Rhydon and attempt to activate its Weakness Policy, whether it be behind screens or not. Flame Charge and Bulk Up both work very well together, the former gives it a speed boost to outspeed threats such as Heliolisk whilst also contributing to Power Trip, whereas the latter is able to boost both its attack and bulk, allowing it to set-up on Steelix. This things defensive typing is invaluable to this team, it gives an answer to Decidueye, Sneasel and opposing Incineroar, all of which Incineroar can abuse and are also threatening otherwise. Substitute was added to further abuse Toxic Spikes, and slowly pushing things like Diancie into range of Power Trip whilst also being able further improve the stall match-up. Drain Punch is also an option due to its ability to hit Scrafty, which otherwise this set struggles with. Taunt is also another option, being able to further prevent hazard removal and completely shut down Pyukumuku, however, it is a riskier pick vs status. Max HP makes sure Incineroar has the most bulk it possibly can to maximise its set up chances, whereas Max Speed allows it to outrun as much as possible.

Threatlist:

Taunt sets particularly are a nuisance, as there's nothing much you can really do bar win some 50/50s, or attempt to Final Gambit with Accelgor and sacrifice Spikes. However, Dragon Tail Drud makes this slightly more manageable. Rock STAB is what makes this tough, thankfully, this Pokemon isn't too prevalent, especially with Taunt.

Albeit not offensively threatening, this thing is quite good at Defogging versus this team due to its immunity to Glare and Final Gambit which can make it a lot harder to win late game. Earthquake Druddigon makes it more
manageable, or simply just playing your hazards carefully.

Scarf has potential to be annoying, however, it eventually ends up practically killing itself with recoil, or putting it in range of Comfey. Druddigon is also able to Glare it, and without rocks up, Xatu can take advantage and set Reflect.

Whilst not the worst Pokemon to play against it, if you struggle to set up Screens or TSpikes, this poses potential to be quite a nuisance. Playing smart enough to not let it set up, or getting up one of the two mentioned above is enough for this.

Druddigon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Roar

Xatu @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Night Shade

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit

Comfey @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Taunt

Incineroar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Power Trip
- Flame Charge

With all that being said, I've had a lot of fun with this team and success too. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to have fun and ladder quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)