ORAS UU R0ady and the art of dropping dracos

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Art Of Dropping Dracos

Helloooo im back n_n the last team i put on here was uh... shit lol but this one ive found some success with. I built the team around life orbed kyurem the nuke of all nukes because of its distinct lack of switch ins. I don't have a fancy ladder rating to show off because i dont ladder but the team has served me well in battling frens and the few games ive had on ladder.

Teambuilding process:

646.png

started with the god himself kyurem because its a cool underused mon, decided on life orb 3 attacks roost

646.png
680.png

Next i added a doublade to check the aerodactyles running around, which would be the biggest stop to kyurems havoc

646.png
680.png
547.png

added defensive whims as a switch in to krook, blastoise, and ampharos as they are pretty prevalant this meta

646.png
680.png
547.png
143.png

Victinis back for now and pidgeot is broken as hell so wynaut snorlax who also pairs with doublade very well

646.png
680.png
547.png
143.png
181-ms.png

Went with swampert as my mega because it got rocks and gave me a very bulky mon that could 1v1 most of the tier

646.png
680.png
547.png
143.png
181-ms.png
169.png

Finally added the obligabat for both speed control and hazard removal n_n

The Team

kyurem.gif

Fuckn Nuke'd (Kyurem) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Roost

And the god himself kyurem. This thing faces stiff competition from the other resident special dragon hydreigon, however differentiates its self with pure power, bulk, and an amazing secondary stab. The evs are just enough to outspeed krookadile because there aren't many base 95s ill be speed tying with anyway. The extra was put into special bulk to eat scalds just a bit better. Dual stabs for obvious reasons, to nuke shit etc. Earth power to hit things like mega aggron however focus blast could be subbed here to hit them harder. Finally roost was the whole reason i forgoed a specs set because this mons incredibly bulky and thanks to its dragon typing has some cool resistances such as water and electric.

doublade.gif

2 BLADEZ (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Next up we have a mon becoming very common, doublade. This thing has found itself on so many offense teams thanks to the popularity of aerodactyle, and that's precisely why its on the team as the prehistoric lizard can easily revenge kyurem. This thing also serves as the best snorlax check in the tier, holding both a ghost typing for normal curse lax and ridiculous physical bulk for eq/crunch lax. This thing also finds itself sweeping more offensive teams once checks such as hydreigon are dealt with.

whimsicott.gif

Do it Again (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Everyones favorite ball of cotton, whimsy n_n. The ability prankster and an amzing typing in grass fairy allows this mon to check alot for my team. Switches into aura sphere blastoise, whose becoming the common set, mega ampharos, suicune, etc. Speaking of blasty aura sphere would be an enormous threat with out this little guy, and ice beam is dealt with by other mons. The ev spread allows it to have physical bulk for the likes of krookodile, and the speed allows it to creep entei and get a u-turn off in case they want to be cute and double. Encore to beat cune and just be annoying af in general, as for its attacking move i keep going back and forth between giga and moonblast. Moonblast deals with amphy more easily, however without giga mega pert is a problem for the team, ive also tried stun spore but being without an attack makes being a switch in to the aforementioned mons kind of pointless. Finally leech seed because i figured versus stall and just fat mons i could use the recovery to heal other members of the team such as doublade.

snorlax.gif

Nap Time (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Good ole reliable curse lax. This was a slowking on the original team however pidgeot was becoming way to problematic. This mon is an amazing win con and switch in for so much on the team. The main thing would be hydreigon who scarfed can do serious damage to my team. This beats pidg, cune, and most special attackers in the tier. I believe this ev spread allows me to live two banded v-creates from tini which is sick. Entei was also becoming a problem but lax had me covered, eating up sacred fires and resting off the burns.

swampert-mega.gif

strong fish (Swampert-Mega) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

An absolute monster in the tier, swampert provides rocks for the team and acts as another tini check. This thing legitimately 1v1s pretty much anything in the tier not holding a grass move. The evs are to outspeed most cune variants and get a good 30 off with eq in tight situations. Waterfall for stab and ice punch to hit those pesky grass type switch ins. This guys immense bulk means that its getting some nasty hits off before it goes down, and usually has no problems laying down rocks for the team multiple times.

crobat.gif

Obligabat (Crobat) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Now we come to the finally member of the team, crobat. This amazing glue mon finds itself on so many of my teams because of its key typing and defogging abilities. I chose a sky plate variant because i already had another fighting check in doublade so bulk wasn't needed, and it hits surprisingly hard with it attached. This acts as both speed control and hazard control for the team, outspeeding up to adamant gatr at plus 1 and getting damage off with bb. Mono flying coverage does mean this mon can be walled easily, but with access to u turn it can pivot in and out firing off brave birds once and a while.

Threats

Things like entei can becoming overwhelming if played well, also during the first times testing this team i found rhyperier incredibly hard to switch into. The team also has a lack of special presence, however i haven't run into to much trouble regarding that.

Shoutouts

Arifeen Christo The Gr8 King UU NV @ogwanka xShiba Volbeatdown Thisbemyalt i cant spell clarions name :[ YABO @iderpy ajemison Slate. waivv DrReuniclus ight if i forgot you i either dont know your name on here or other reasons whatever, shouts to uu frens i left out and some pu and nu frens

Fuckn Nuke'd (Kyurem) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Roost

2 BLADEZ (Doublade) @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Do it Again (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Nap Time (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

strong fish (Swampert-Mega) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Obligabat (Crobat) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Thank you for reading and don't be shy to yell at me and tell me i suck lol

bye n_n

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Great team bud, but use the Gyro Ball Doublade set fren. Helps KO Salamence and Haxorus after they get to +1 with Gyro + Sneak, when Iron Head can't do that. Also at +2 the Gyro Ball can still kill the most common fairy in the tier, Florges.

+1 Haxorus
252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 262-309 (89.1 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Doublade Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 139-165 (47.2 - 56.1%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO

+1 Mence
252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 288-340 (87 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Doublade Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 154-183 (46.5 - 55.2%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

Mamoswine
252+ Atk Doublade Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 308-366 (85.7 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (105 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 404-476 (112.5 - 132.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Florges
+2 252+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (69 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 452-534 (125.5 - 148.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Gyro Ball set:

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance

I really like the looks of this team, the only thing I see wrong with it is a subjective thing. Taunt over U-turn is what I typically run but that's just me, I never found U-turn useful on bat

Edit: also it's called an importable, not a pastebin

Last edited by a moderator:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess I'm a pu friend :) I don't really have a huge rate but leech seed is honestly a waste on whimsicott over something like stun spore or that second attacking move that you said you kept going back and forth with. Gives doublade recovery but nobody really says in when seeded anyway so at best you're getting better 12% of florges's health to doublade. Not worth imo

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is a really nice team, I don't really have too much to say about it.
I second Stun Spore > Seed on Whimsicott, I don't really see Leech Seed being all that useful outside of a SubSeed set tbh and Stun Spore at least has situational uses like stopping a potential M-Sharpedo, Gatr, or Mence clean late game. I also definitely like Moonblast over Giga Drain, Giga as your only attacking move is kind of bad since Grass is such a shit offensive typing, Moonblast is superior in pretty much every aspect and hits Salamence and Hydreigon which are honestly much more relevant and dangerous to you than Pert and you still beat Cune with Encore. If you're really that afraid of other Mega Perts you could just run Giga Drain over U-Turn, I'm not entirely convinced that U-turn is essential. If you're a real savage you could run Tailwind instead of Stun Spore, it really only benefits Kyurem and Pert but it really is a huge "fuck you" to offense and still helps you RK stuff just like Stun Spore.

I guess another thing I'm noticing is that you struggle with Chandelure, considering your only switch in to Specs is Snorlax which can't do anything back and is vulnerable to Trick. That combined with the fact that your more offensive Rocks setter gets worn down a lot easier than say, a regular defensive Pert with Lefties or another conventional Rocks setter of that sort, makes me question how well you handle Chandy. Like, I know the team is built around Kyurem and that you probably don't want to change it, but objectively speaking I'm not really seeing why you aren't just using Hydreigon. I get that Kyurem is slightly stronger and statistically bulkier, but Hydreigon would give this team a concrete answer to Chandelure, has great synergy with Doublade since it's an additional Ground immunity, has similar resistances as Kyurem, and also has a pretty dank secondary STAB as well as Roost.
Why do you even need the Ice STAB when you have a Crobat and a Doublade to ruin pretty much any Grass or Fairy type already? And then you have Swampert and Whimsi for Grounds, Snorlax for Nidos, and counters for Aero and Pidgeot both. I guess what I'm trying to say is that your team already covers anything Ice Beam would hit really well. The only drawback to Hydra > Kyu I see is that Hydra opens you up to Mamo a little more, but its not like Kyu is the Mamo counter either and I'd rather struggle a little with Mamo than struggle a lot with Chandy. That's just me though, I'm just not really seeing a deal-breaking reason to use Kyurem over Hydreigon here when Hydreigon actually synergizes with some of your team members better to begin with and Kyurem's more unique qualities don't seem to benefit this particular team that much.

Hope I helped!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)