ORAS OU Rage-quits galore Stall Team ........

Hi guys Disciple here and this is my second RMT.My previous one was kind of a HO team and so I thought that i could make a Stall team this time. Well i don't know much about stall but it gets quite a lot of Rage-quits. Well this is the team building process.....

Team Building:

I stared with a common stall pokemon Mega Sableye ( dont have the mega gif sorry :P) around whom i made this team. Seeing this poke on a team often makes people quit even before they start XD

Then I put in Ferrothorn and Lando-T to help with setting up the hazards. they also have gread defensive synergy with MegaEye.

I needed to keep the hazards off my side if the field because a lot of switching is done and with hazards up the team is worn down too easily. So i put tentacruel on the team .

With this i saw that i didnt have an answer to opposing fairy types so Jirachi was slapped onto the team to take care of the annoying fairies.

Finally i noticed a glaring weakness to BD Azu and I was also lacking a fairy so Unaware Clefable looked good and hence here he is on the team.

While I was testing the team i noticed that the team had a startling weakness to fire in general. So i swapped out Jirachi for Heatran

Another change thanks to some suggestions Latias in for Tentacruel.

Well you've seen the boring part so now onto the team......

The Team:

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster -> Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Recover

Well as I stated above I wanted to build a stall team so what better pokemon to build one around than Sableye. So, as far is the set is concerned it is not the run of the mill CM set you would see on the Mega-Sableyes running around the meta and is more useful to me when Sableye is still not mega evolved. So far they have been only fey cases where I've actually had to call on Mega-Sableye. This is because the main purpose for its mega evolution is to break down opposing stall teams and when played against normal offensive or balanced teams its pretty useless but this set works even for its mega form. So in depth........ WoW is for spreading burns and with prankster Sableye abuses this and this practically shuts down physical mons and the only flaw in this strategy is TALONFLAME. Have to play extremely carefully around that pokemon. Taunt is to shutdown opposing stall teams and ensure that most set-up mons have atough time on the field. Knock off cripples mon which depend on their items and does serious damage to Gengar and Alakazam (Those idiots think I will either taunt/wisp switch mons). Recover is pretty obvoius XD. This EV spread ensures that i can survive a dazzling gleam from the above mentioned, everpresent gengar and OHKO in return. As for Mega-Zam i can tank the hit but it is only a 2HKO.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Now to Lando-T....... If a pokemon ever lived up to its tier's name it is this pokemon. Over Used in every sense of the word. As my team is to be a Stall Team, I decided to add a defensive Landorus to help against the Bird spam which my sableye was very susceptible to for it can't burn the dreaded Talonflame. The move set is the standard defensive set of SR and three filler moves. As my team is supposed to be a stall team it does'nt hit very hard and needs all the help it can get from hazards so this is the first of my two hazard setters. Earthquake is its main STAB and even an un-invested EQ hits pretty hard .

0 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 228 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock.
Knock Off / SE / Rock Slide is for coverage and u-turn is for pivoting which is extremely useful on a stall team. It still is a debate between Rock Slide and SE. I really don't like the misses and with my luck with Hax, it would hit maybe one time with SE in the match and in most matches this miss is costly but i really miss the power SE gives. There are no speed EVs so as to ensure a slower U-turn on other lando-ts.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 88 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Protect

Onto the second hazard setter in my team, Ferrothorn's excellent typing, movepool and stats make it an integral part of the stall core of this team. This is also a pretty decent mixed wall and can check moves from both sides of the spectrum. Rocky helmet over leftovers to deal decent damage to those pokemon who think they can sweep physically with impunity. The moves are pretty self explanatory. Leech seed+protect helps me wear down bulky pokemon. Spikes is its hazard contribution to the team and i chose Power Whip over Gyro ball to answer to those annoying maniacs called the "Rain Teams" . Most of the time ferro is switched into physical moves and its fun to see them rack up residual damage from the hazards as well as the Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet which normally does around 30-35% damage to a pokemon. Also if its switched into a Talonflame BBird, it takes severe damage but the recoil on Tfalme is pretty serious. So this forms a kind of semi check to Tflame if predicted well.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Unaware Clefable another very overused pokemon and the perfect pokemon on any stall team. It answers those annoying idiots who think they can set up on my team and sweep. Its almost comical to see their reaction to the fact that their power-ups have on effect whatsoever on clefable. Moonblast is the only offensive move on clafable and so that it doesnt become taunt bait. Wish+protect is the best way HP recovery is possible since Soft-Boiled is incompatible with Unaware. Heal Bell is to screw around with those people who think they can put my pokemon on a timer with Toxic/wisp. Clefable also is an answer to opposing Mega Sableye. Unaware puts paid to its efforts to CM sweep. Ive also considered replacing Clefable with Sylveon so that i get more damage output for almost the same pokemon. However the only thing stopping me from doing so is that i will lose out on unaware.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpA
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fighting / Roost
- Defog

This pokemon was suggested by AD impish john well and I agree it does a much better job than Tentacruel . I have a more defensive EV spread so that it can tank a hit from adamant bisharp

252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 212 Def Latias: 300-354 (82.6 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and if i go with the conventional spread of 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe this happens......
252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 372-438 (123.5 - 145.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and this happens in return
48 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fighting vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 343-406 (126.1 - 149.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Roost can be used if i wanted to go for longetivity. Psyshock to hit the new OU pokemon Mega Venu for some serious damage. Defog is self explanatory. So it doesn't succumb to Bisharp and makes my team more damaging. Thanks AD impish john :).

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 68 SpA / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power / Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt

Well finally we have the classic Tauntran. His job is basically to hit fairies hard but at the same time sponge special hits that my team cannot take like fire type moves. Granted i could also use my tentacruel to sponge fire attacks but this one does it without taking any damage thanks to flash fire. Lava Plume and Flash Cannon are STAB and hit fairies very hard. Earth power is for opposing heatrans but off late I've been using toxic to counter the menace that is known as Chansey. Taunt is basically to shut down stallers like chansey and also generally gets me a free switch if used right.

Threat List:

Well as far as threats go any team can be played around without much trouble if the sweepers are handled properly and i get my hazards up early. Also there are some pokes which set up sweep are allowed to set up then honestly its good night for the team. However there are some annoying pokemon that hit hard without setting up.

Loppuny-mega with its speed and ability it litteraly shuts down the team.

or
Both the MegaZards pose huge threats for they are unable to be burnt.

Houndoom-Mega though rare shatters the team once it gets a couple of Nasty plots up.

Mega-Venusaur kinda walls the team though it can be handled with a mix of sableye and ferrothorn.

Apart from pokemon the greatest bane I've ever faced is my luck with HAX. I have received a paralyze hax for 6 turns and my WoW misses at the most crucial of moments.

Importable:
Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Recover

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 88 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power / Toxic
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpA
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Well thats all there is for the team ...... I know its a bit long but i wanted to justify each pokemon as much as possible. Feel free to rip this team to shreds if you want to but please keep the idea of stall in mind while rating this team.

Changes are in red

Keldeo is not a problem so I'm blacklisting it ;)

Last edited:
Great team dude, I have one suggestion though. You should make heatran choice scarfed.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power

It helps you out with zard y, houndoom, and mega diancie which would otherwise wreck your team. You can even switch out earth power for hp ice (since houndoom isn't that common) to get a surprise KO on landorus which is another big threat to the team.

Great team dude, I have one suggestion though. You should make heatran choice scarfed.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power

It helps you out with zard y, houndoom, and mega diancie which would otherwise wreck your team. You can even switch out earth power for hp ice (since houndoom isn't that common) to get a surprise KO on landorus which is another big threat to the team.
Um, is the Choice Scarf even a good item on Stall teams? While I get what you're saying, scarf seems so out of place on a team of this type. I also don't think it really gets wrecked by Mega Diancie because it does have the Air Balloon, so it should probably be preserved so it could beat it one-on-one. Ferrothorn is an extremely solid answer to her as well - she'd need Moonblast (for Mega Sableye and Landorus-T, the latter being 2HKO'd), Diamond Storm (for Tentacruel and Clefable, who are only 2HKO'd), Hidden Power Fire (for Ferrothorn), and Earth Power for Heatran. But she usually doesn't run all that either way - usually packing Rock Polish, Calm Mind, or Protect. I wouldn't worry about it for now.

And Disciple_1 here are the mega gifs you were missing:

Team looks good to me, but you could put a Choice Scarf on Landorus-T and have Rocks on Heatran. IF you don't like the idea of rocks on Heatran you could replace Tentacruel with an Excadrill with rocks and rapid spin then replace Heatran with a Stallbreaker Talonflame. (plays the same role as your Heatran)

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

You aren't too weak to Diancie as you do have a Ferrothorn. But that's all I got. Hope I helped! *Nevermind the Excadrill if you do use Talonflame

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-202357032
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power / Toxic / HP[ice]
- Flash Cannon
- Roar

I feel that you should run standard M-Sableye.
Choice scarf is nothing unless you have a way to get rid of it (safely).

Tentacruel has a lot it can do with its filler. Haze & Knock Off work well.

Last edited:
Team looks good to me, but you could put a Choice Scarf on Landorus-T and have Rocks on Heatran. IF you don't like the idea of rocks on Heatran you could replace Tentacruel with an Excadrill with rocks and rapid spin then replace Heatran with a Stallbreaker Talonflame. (plays the same role as your Heatran)

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

You aren't too weak to Diancie as you do have a Ferrothorn. But that's all I got. Hope I helped! *Nevermind the Excadrill if you do use Talonflame
Um, is the Choice Scarf even a good item on Stall teams? While I get what you're saying, scarf seems so out of place on a team of this type. I also don't think it really gets wrecked by Mega Diancie because it does have the Air Balloon, so it should probably be preserved so it could beat it one-on-one. Ferrothorn is an extremely solid answer to her as well - she'd need Moonblast (for Mega Sableye and Landorus-T, the latter being 2HKO'd), Diamond Storm (for Tentacruel and Clefable, who are only 2HKO'd), Hidden Power Fire (for Ferrothorn), and Earth Power for Heatran. But she usually doesn't run all that either way - usually packing Rock Polish, Calm Mind, or Protect. I wouldn't worry about it for now.

And Disciple_1 here are the mega gifs you were missing:

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power

Well thanks for the rate guys......
swaggy scarftran doesn't belong on a stall team but it makes good sense to me and I really haven't had any problems with Mega Diancie thanks to ferro.

Cloud_Nine987 thanks for the gifs and solid reasoning there.

DoomXFTW again it's a stall team and scarfers especially lando-t aren't needed. Well heatran isn't really a reliable rocker. And lando-t with uninvested speed is fast enough to get rocks up. Excadrill over Tentacruel ain't gonna happen because despite the fact that excadrill is faster or whatever it leaves me completely walled by physical walls such as gliscor. But with Tentacruel I beat gliscor in speed and always can tank one eq from him and 2HKO him in return. Honestly I have tried stallbreaker Talonflame but then again it's very frail and puts added pressure on tenta to clear the field racking up damage when he does so.

But one thing I will change is ancient power on heatran over earth power.

Once again thanks for your rates.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-202357032
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power / Toxic / HP[ice]
- Flash Cannon
- Roar

I feel that you should run standard M-Sableye.
Choice scarf is nothing unless you have a way to get rid of it (safely).
Ok but the minute ppl see the team they assume it's a M Sableye team and they expect to see the Cm set and it pretty much throws them off their game when I don't mega evolveat once. But Ill definitely changet taunt to roar.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
I rage quited when I saw this team....jk. Latios or latias could replace tentacruel since your having venusuar problems and they are fast enough to outspeed both megazards to land a draco, lopunny would be your only threat. Nice team tho. (We all know those Latis are annoying) And really houndoom problems that thing is never in OU.

I rage quited when I saw this team....jk. Latios or latias could replace tentacruel since your having venusuar problems and they are fast enough to outspeed both megazards to land a draco, lopunny would be your only threat. Nice team tho. (We all know those Latis are annoying) And really houndoom problems that thing is never in OU.

Nice idea but with the latitwins I loose rapid spin and I don't really want defog because I need my hazards to be up but yeah you make a fair point. I shall try Latis out though I think more likely latias....... But latias is more used for healing wish rather than anything else so any suggestions on what I can do??

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Nice idea but with the latitwins I loose rapid spin and I don't really want defog because I need my hazards to be up but yeah you make a fair point. I shall try Latis out though I think more likely latias....... But latias is more used for healing wish rather than anything else so any suggestions on what I can do??
Latias@life orb
Evs: 252 speed 252 special attack 4hp (you can change the evs)
Nature:timid
ability: Levitate
-draco meteor
-psyshock
-defog
-healing wish

The most standard thing ever.

Yes you lose your hazards but you get rid of the hazards on your side and the opponents side. But the lati twins will get rid of your biggest threats. (except lopunny that thing is powerful and fast). Healing wish is meant for losing your latias and healing your low hp pokemon to full hp (which can be very helpful). Your choice.

Latias@life orb
Evs: 252 speed 252 special attack 4hp (you can change the evs)
Nature:timid
ability: Levitate
-draco meteor
-psyshock
-defog
-healing wish

The most standard thing ever.

Yes you lose your hazards but you get rid of the hazards on your side and the opponents side. But the lati twins will get rid of your biggest threats. (except lopunny that thing is powerful and fast). Healing wish is meant for losing your latias and healing your low hp pokemon to full hp (which can be very helpful). Your choice.
Well generally healing wish is used if you have a sweeper on low HP who can turn the game and I have none. So I think having roost or Hp fighting maybe over healing wish would help alot

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Well generally healing wish is used if you have a sweeper on low HP who can turn the game and I have none. So I think having roost or Hp fighting maybe over healing wish would help alot
OK good idea and here is a replay of your team with latias.http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-202906396 (I'm not very good with stall teams but I am trying) P.S. its the exact Evs and same moves like the team. I didn't change anything.

Keldeo isn't much of a problem especially the scarfed or specs version........ Cause depending on the move it uses I can either use ferro or clefable. And the sub cm version cannot touch clefable. But it will be given a try.

Well you don't want to risk scald burns as keldeo can eventually break clef if you are forced to wish up. Just a thought.

Well you don't want to risk scald burns as keldeo can eventually break clef if you are forced to wish up. Just a thought.
Heal Bell / Aromatherapy is there for a reason, Keldeo is not a threat period. The only kills it can get are Lando-T & Heatran, who are obviously not going to stay in.

Heal Bell / Aromatherapy is there for a reason, Keldeo is not a threat period. The only kills it can get are Lando-T & Heatran, who are obviously not going to stay in.
When you heal bell, you are taking 2 scalds. That's additional pressure that the latis can help relieve. Like I said, it's just a thought.

When you heal bell, you are taking 2 scalds. That's additional pressure that the latis can help relieve. Like I said, it's just a thought.
Only 2 things are crippled by burn, Lando-T and Ferrothorn, the others can suck it up.

Disciple_1 you might wan't to name Keldeo as Blacklisted on this thread.

Ohk I tested the scarf lati@s...... It's a bit problematic....... Without speed investment it's useless and if used on latios, it will make the team Bisharp weak. And latias can't hit anything without its life orb. Scarf again as I said is circumstantial and not so useful.... Defensive latios is pretty useless as it can't tank most hits. But if hp fighting is used i could take bisharp out on the switch when they expect a defog

Hey, man. Solid team, but I have some very loose suggestions to add.
Ok, the more solid of the suggestions that I'd really advise going for, run Sassy on your Ferro with 0 speed IVs and Gyro Ball over Spikes. You run a Defogger, so hazard stacking is not longer an ideal option for you to run on this team, and you lack a solid answer to Mega Gardevoir, Heatran dies to two Focus Blasts and cannot OHKO. That's where this standard 'Tank a Hyper Voice + Focus Blast From Mega Gardevoir and OHKO in Return With Gyro Ball' Ferrothorn comes in, it's a more suitable answer than just trying to wear her down throughout the game since she's far too powerful to wear down slowly.
Secondly, a little more shaky option, try Bulk Up Talonflame over Heatran to better handle your Lop and Mega Venu problems. Stall teams are not unfamiliar with the presence of King Birdspam and can actually make good use of him for his great offensive and surprisingly decent defensive prowess. The one issue with this is potential to either leave you walled by opposing Scizors and Ferros, or having to sacrifice Will-O-Wisp utility. It may make other threats like Clefable a bit more problematic, but Talon should be able to break through it, especially if it's Magic Guard where you can set up on its face.
Hope this helped.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp / Flare Blitz
- Bulk Up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)