Mafia vs Village Raiders of the Lost Mafia - Game Over, Town Wins!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

This is a temple-based OC village vs mafia game, based on UncleSam's temple concept for one of the many Metroid games that existed 5+ years ago, oldbois know the one.

You will be able to visit one of many temples each night, and if you can actually access it, and what will befall you if you do, are mysteries! The full list of temples to visit is below as well as some info about them and their accessibility.

The village is called the Town. There are two mafias: the Graverobbers and the Cultists.

Rules
1. Do not copy/paste or screenshot your Role PM or results.
2. Do not talk to anyone once you are dead and do not talk to dead users. This state is not necessarily permanent.
3. 48 Hour Nights 24 Hour Days
4. To vote text USER. If you change your vote you must go unbold your old vote. You may edit posts but you may not edit a current vote into an old post, you must make a new post.
5. If you idle your team and I will call you a cuck and you will be subbed out.
6. Please add me to ALL Smogon conversations, IRC channels and Discord servers. I will be in #circus on IRC and Discord. Also to all sheets, ask for my email if you don't know it. We will use the Circus Discord for the main game chat.
7. This is a 1 village vs 2 mafia game.
8. Use Smogon conversations to submit your actions so I can track them easier. Feel free to PM me on Discord but put your final actions in the forum PM.
9. Standard Circus rules not above apply. Ask if you need clarification.
10. There are items. Items held by someone do not pass to the killer when they die but remain on the body.

Starting Players
OM room
InfernoDragon218
JALMONT
apricity
Ampharos
zorbees
Former Hope
Ullar
Duskfall98
Da Letter El
MoodyCloud
Lady Salamence
Cancerous
Oddish.
Nuxl
rssp1

Temples

There are 21 possible temples that can be visited. Each night in addition to your action (or lack thereof) you must include:
NX - Visit TEMPLE
In your action to visit the temple of your choice. You must visit one each night - no idling to avoid bad events.

1. Every person in the game COULD enter every temple - none are locked to one specific faction by name or will only have a reaction to a specific faction.
2. You can submit a guess at The Unknown Temple's name and codename each night in addition to whichever other temple you visit if you want, I will tell you if you are right or wrong. If you get both right, you can then enter The Unknown Temple the following night by telling it its names.

Each temple has a different requirement to gain entry. Hints as to how to get in are included in their descriptions.

Each temple has different results. Many results include an item, or nothing happening, or a positive action happening to you, or even the chance of death. I have preselected the odds that each result happens in each temple and will RNG each person's visit result in classic SANDS fashion. Great rewards could await you!

PRAMBANAN TEMPLE
A massive Indonesian temple dedicated to three gods with three different purposes. Deep inside is a great reward, but also great peril.
Only someone singularly focused, undistracted, can gain entry to this temple.

STONEHENGE
A mysterious assortment of rocks. The exact purpose of the arrangement has remained a mystery, intriguing many theorists.
Is there a singular rock, or many? So there must be visitors.

GAWDAWPALIN TEMPLE
Ravaged by earthquakes, this Myanmar temple has stood for centuries prior. It could offer shelter, but should another earthquake strike...
Enter only on certain nights.

THATBYINNYU TEMPLE
A Buddhist temple of omniscience and the companion of the above. Perhaps you will find enlightenment here.
Enter only on certain nights.

MEDINET HABU - DESTROYED
An Egyptian mortuary temple, it has seen better days but remains intricately hieroglyphed. You may well learn its destructive secrets, but beware its curse.
Repetition breeds success.

TAKTSANG PALPHUG MONASTERY - DESTROYED
A stunning cliffside temple in Bhutan with an association to a certain number. Should you reach enlightenment here, you will be rewarded.
Repetition breeds success.

TEMPLE OF HEAVEN
A Beijing complex with a variety of uses over time, it is most associated with seeking a good harvest. If you seek hard enough, you may find the greatest reward - or be stumped trying.
Come in small numbers and you shall fail.

BOROBUDUR
This Indonesian temple is often considered one of the Seven Wonders of the World. As another Buddhist site, perhaps enlightenment can keep you safe.
Was this temple built with one stone? No?

THE COLOSSI OF MEMNON
These Egyptian guards are now worn and in disrepair, the temple they once protected fallen. Allow them to judge you and they will aide or wane.
Only a coward would stand before them in company.

GOLDEN TEMPLE
A gilded Sikh temple still in use today, not crumbled to ruins. Perhaps you will be able to cease the flow of the tide against you.
Over a hundred thousand come to it in a day.

ABU SIMBEL
Monuments to Ramesses II and Nefertari, commemorating a great victory. What will it commemorate for you - deceit, death?
Perseverance is a virtue.

TEMPLE OF CONFUCIUS
China's biggest temple in honor of the man. Confucius's guidance can never harm you.
Confucius say, make peace with your enemies.

MAHABODHI TEMPLE
Once upon a time, a man in India sat under a tree and changed his name. Reach enlightenment and you shall be rewarded.
Meditation is the only path.

ANGKOR WAT
A gigantic Cambodian complex, the temple has a storied history in multiple religions. Those who navigate it successfully will be rewarded.
If you have succeeded before, you know the way.

KARNAK
Fifteen hundred years to build a complex the sands will eventually wear to dust. As the storms wax and wane, so shall you.
Do not be hasty in approaching.

TEMPLE OF HEPHAESTUS
For the Greek god of metal working. See what you can craft.
Hephaestus requires tribute if you seek something better.

LOTUS TEMPLE
A modern, welcoming Badhai place of worship. Nothing here can harm you.
Do not enter with your enemies, or you shall all be turned away.

NESS OF BRODGAR
A Neolithic temple buried under the ground and only now found again. Nothing here will harm you.
All are welcome at any time.

SWAMINARAYAN AKSHARDHAM TEMPLE
A Hindu home to the supreme God - as well as all the amenities of your local mall. Perhaps the crowds shall save you, or perhaps your fate is unavoidable.
Pay tribute to enter.

PHILAE TEMPLES
An ancient Egyptian temple to honor Isis - the goddess. These ruins are very old.
Persist in seeking entry and it may be granted.

THE UNKNOWN TEMPLE
Time has lost the identity of this final temple. Whoever recovers its name will be richly rewarded.
Ask it both its name and codename.

Players
OM room
InfernoDragon218
JALMONT
apricity
Ampharos
zorbees
Former Hope
Ullar
Duskfall98
Da Letter El
MoodyCloud
Lady Salamence
Cancerous
Oddish.
Nuxl
rssp1

All PMs are out. N0 will end in 24 hours at 7pm PST 10/16 unless people need/want more time to rand their actions.

Last edited:
I will be going to the Colossi of Memnon. Please, nobody else go there. The description seems to indicate its best to go there alone.
more people should go to memnon because we do not want to make that option attractive for scum lol

edit: oops i misread one of the temple descriptions

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
more people should go to heaven/memnon because we do not want to make that option attractive for scum lol
two things:

1. heaven is literally the opposite of memnon, as small numbers fail in heaven but small numbers are required at memnon.

2. it depends on what kind of strategy we want to take. are we trying to gain as much info on the temples and trying to succeed as much as we can or are we trying to obstruct the mafias from doing that at potentially the cost of some of our own temple actions?

Honestly, its really dumb to send multiple people to Memnon anyways. If those people are all town we are just screwing ourselves for no reason.

There are 21 temples and 16 people (and not all of those 16 are town) so I feel like we should try to split up as much as possible except for the ones like Heaven where it says it is better to come in higher numbers. The village's greatest advantage is its numbers, so we should utilize those numbers.

it's possible that scum already know some of the mechanics we don't (i.e. enemies and shit), should we share that info if we hav eit? i'm not approaching anyone privately about this it should probably be a public conversation

two things:

1. heaven is literally the opposite of memnon, as small numbers fail in heaven but small numbers are required at memnon.

2. it depends on what kind of strategy we want to take. are we trying to gain as much info on the temples and trying to succeed as much as we can or are we trying to obstruct the mafias from doing that at potentially the cost of some of our own temple actions?

Honestly, its really dumb to send multiple people to Memnon anyways. If those people are all town we are just screwing ourselves for no reason.

There are 21 temples and 16 people (and not all of those 16 are town) so I feel like we should try to split up as much as possible except for the ones like Heaven where it says it is better to come in higher numbers. The village's greatest advantage is its numbers, so we should utilize those numbers.
1 yeah i'm retarded and i'm really tired
2 i think ness of brodgar should probably be avoided because there's no way that's good, if ness ends up being good then scum are just screwed imo, we need to take some risks d1 to get info

scum can enter temple too right? if not enough town people enter then scum will get access?

RANDABLE TEMPLS
stonehenge: randable
borobudur: randable
golden temple: randable but less so, looks like a ailment cure
abu simbel: randable
mahabodhi: randable, i THINK "meditation is only path" means tht you can't take a night action on this role, so if you don't have a night action maybe try this one
hephaestus: enter if you have the flavor for it BUT also very randable, we might get info on what tools are available to craft and that is valuable info

SOME UNKNOWN ENEMY MECHANIC, MAYBE RANDABLE?
lotus temple: enemy stuff
confucius: enemy stuff

temples that require people to enter continuously
medinet: enter if you have weak role
taktsang: enter if you have weak role
philae: enter if you have weak role

PROBABLY BAD
gawdawpalin: don't risk imo
thatbyinnyu: don't risk imo
angkor wat: locked
karnak: seems to suggest we should go on a later date?

ROLE SPECIFIC
prambanan: enter if you hav the flavor for it ig
swaminarayan: gotta have tribute

TRASH
ness: 100000% trash

COORDINATED
temple of heaven: ok this is actually kind of interesting, if the # of people required to succeed in heaven is static then we should actually try to go for it on day 1? otherwise it may also be smart to go for temple of heaven after we are organized so we can "stealth" it because i think scum might be able to piggyback on us
memnon: we can talk about this

medinet: enter if you have weak role
taktsang: enter if you have weak role
philae: enter if you have weak role

i think this ^^^ is source of some % of town power.

if you have a weak role, or are an idle player and so will not be a nightkill target, go here!!!!!

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
maybe prambanan is if you arent going to be a target of a night action? "singularly focused, undistracted" gives me RB vibes or something

Ftr. Confucius require a mafia and town player to get in.

But besides that, can we not air our ideas for everyone to see? Ty
noc scumread on this fool

obviously town need to talk about it because mafia are going to be strategizing in private and not all of town are going to tryhard and do individual analyses. imo we should air thoughts and theories but not temple choices

also, if i were scum this game and leading then i'd arrange for a night where i know gawdaw/thatbyin are bad and get a bunch of town people to go there and kill all of them

food for thought

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)