Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

I think the reason for choosing politoed is pretty obvious that it's just supposed to get the rain up and is mandotaroy for any rain dance teams.The role of politoed is to be a lead to get the rain up and switch out to any mon that can benefit better from the rain than politoed.To move on to set details the 96 speed Evs lets it outspeed belly drum azumaril to encore it and hopefully get a toxic off if it doesn't switch scald is there to get any burns off against any chomp or tyranitar leads and rest is a source of recovery

Child Predetor (Kabutops) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Waterfall
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off

Next I decided on thinking of a good physical attacker that could benefit from the rain so I decided I would go with kabutops because of the swift swim ability and good amount of attack stat and versatility it gets. The role of kabutops is to revenge killer that can come on outspeed almost everything and just take it out with a powerful waterfall. I went with a standard 252 attk and 252 spe and just put the rest of the remaining Evs into sp def,I decided Adamant over jolly nature because kabutops will only be doing any sweeping in the rain anyway so I might as well go with damage over speed. Rock slide is for stab rock move and waterfall is the bread and butter of kabutops sweep getting a stab boost and getting a rain boost which doubles the power of water fall, knock off is there in case I'm going against a slowbro or starmie that resist waterfall to get rid of their item and x scissor is to finish things up.

Dashie (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

After a while I came to a block where I couldn't decide on a reliable special sweeper for the team so I finally came to the conclusion of keldeo because of its already fast natural speed and versatility that doesn't rely so much on the rain being up. The role of keldeo is just to sweep late game and to bait out any the extremely bulky vesaur that benefits quite a bit from the rain that this team sets up early on. I went with a life orb over choice specs because I didn't want to lock into a move like scald and have a mega venasaur come in and set up a free leech seed. Icy wind is there for the ice coverage to demolish a specially invested garchomp and assault vested landorus who thinks they can come out against keldeo. Scald is there for the sheer power it gets from the rain and the possibility to scald anyone who happens to survive the attack. Secret sword is for fighting stab and to destroy some special tanks like a specially invested ferrothorn that seems to pose a threat for this team,finally hidden power flying is a guaranteed 2 hit ko against a mega venasaur to bait it out.

Rule34 Fuel (Latias) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
My next option was where I decided on choosing a mon that support this team and get rid of rocks and that's when I chose Latinas that gets Defog and healing wish. The role of Latias is pretty simple it's supposed to get rid of hazards and get a healing wish to full restore a statused sweeper or to heal politoed to get more rain support.I decided since Latias is supposed to be support I went with max speed with a timid nature to outspeed anything and get a free healing wish off and I out 248 in hp so it could live more stealth rock damage and get a Defog off and 8 sp def so it could live a special attack from an opposing specs keldeo that tries to use its water stab in the rain and use it against me. Psyshock is there in case Latias needs to deal some damage and Draco meteor is there to take out and chomps without any special investment or deal heavy damage to gliscor.

MissingNo (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 Def
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

My next option was to go with a bulky mon that can also take advantage of the rain but also deal heavy damage back and resist the typing that would give my team trouble being grass types so I decided to go scizor.scizors job is to set up sweep while the rain is up so it can take out ddance Charizard x and is a nightmare for a tyranitar trying to get rid of the rain. I decided to go 220 in the defense since it didn't need much but I needed for it live a hit. And 248 in hp lets scizor lets scizor live any fire attack in the rain and be able to set up and fire a bullet punch back at them.

Jafar (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Sludge Wave

For my last option I wanted to choose a mon that is capable of pivoting since I have no switch moves to create momentum for my team so I decided to go tornadus. Tornadus'as job is to knock off any item from any mon that is giving my team any troubles and to u-turn out to deal damage but also get a switch into possibly keldeo or Latias. I went max speed for this one because I want to take advantage of regenerator u-turn but also recover any life orb damage taken, 252 sp attk is to take advantage of hurricane in the rain to really decimate anything in its path that doesn't resist flying. Sludge wave is there in case there's a belly drum azumarill and scizor can't do anything about It.

The threats that I see with this team is mega zard Y that tends to get rid of sun but another threat to this team is ddancing dragonite that does not get fazed by icy I got because of extreme speed. Another problem is hippowdown is is slow and if it leads while I send out politoed the sand will go up first and it becomes a battle of the weather conditions and eventually the sand damage catches up to politoed tornadus keldeo and Latias

Hi, you really have a nice team but you can improve it, i'll do have some suggestions for it :

First, i'd suggest you to use either of Aqua Jet or Low Kick on Kabutops instead of X-Scissor and Rock Slide by Stone Edge, X-Scissor isn't that great on Kabutops since even like Starmie is OHKO'd by the combination of Waterfall (under the rain) and Stone Edge and Slowbro take like the same amount of damage from a +2 X-Scissor and a +2 Stone Edge, Aqua Jet give you a really nice priority and Low Kick hit Ferrothorn, Stone Edge is better than Rock Slide for the extra damage. Life Orb is important too.

I don't think that Keldeo is the best special rain sweeper on a rain team, i think Kingdra is better since it can abuse of Swift Swim under the rain, it have like the same utility as Keldeo but with the incredible speed boost which is really helpfull.

Latias spread is really bad, you should use 252 Speed/184 SpeAtk/72 Hp, this spread allow you to avoid the 2HKO from LO Thundurus Hidden Power Ice without rocks which is very cool.

I don't like this M-Scizor spread/set, you should use Knock Off/U-turn instead of Bug Bite since they have a better utility in general, and to use only 16 Def with an impish nature to avoid the 2HKO from max attack Adamant Landorus-T's Earthquake, 200 SpeDef to check fairy types in general such as Clefable, M-Gardevoir and M- Diancie (like avoid the 2HKO from M-Gardevoir Focus Blast) and to have a better time with Lati@s. (keep 248 Hp)

You should defintively use Superpower on Tornadus-T since it allow you to have a better coverage and to OHKO Excadrill, 76 Atk are requiered to get him (full speed and the rest in speatk). Use Superpower instead of Sludge Wave (Fairy Types are already checked by M-Scizor)

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Hope i helped.

Last edited:
nice team, i suggest using a timid nature tornadous-t life orb knock of can still ko zam and gengar. stone edge is better than slide. i think aqua jet would do you good. heat wave over sludge wave i don't see fairies being much of a threat

nice team, i suggest using a timid nature tornadous-t life orb knock of can still ko zam and gengar. stone edge is better than slide. i think aqua jet would do you good. heat wave over sludge wave i don't see fairies being much of a threat
Thanks I'll use your suggestions next time

Hi, you really have a nice team but you can improve it, i'll do have some suggestions for it :

First, i'd suggest you to use either of Aqua Jet or Low Kick on Kabutops instead of X-Scissor and Rock Slide by Stone Edge, X-Scissor isn't that great on Kabutops since even like Starmie is OHKO'd by the combination of Waterfall (under the rain) and Stone Edge and Slowbro take like the same amount of damage from a +2 X-Scissor and a +2 Stone Edge, Aqua Jet give you a really nice priority and Low Kick hit Ferrothorn, Stone Edge is better than Rock Slide for the extra damage. Life Orb is important too.

I don't think that Keldeo is the best special rain sweeper on a rain team, i think Kingdra is better since it can abuse of Swift Swim under the rain, it have like the same utility as Keldeo but with the incredible speed boost which is really helpfull.

Latias spread is really bad, you should use 252 Speed/184 SpeAtk/72 Hp, this spread allow you to avoid the 2HKO from LO Thundurus Hidden Power Ice without rocks which is very cool.

I don't like this M-Scizor spread/set, you should use Knock Off/U-turn instead of Bug Bite since they have a better utility in general, and to use only 16 Def with an impish nature to avoid the 2HKO from max attack Adamant Landorus-T's Earthquake, 200 SpeDef to check fairy types in general such as Clefable, M-Gardevoir and M- Diancie (like avoid the 2HKO from M-Gardevoir Focus Blast) and to have a better time with Lati@s. (keep 248 Hp)

You should defintively use Superpower on Tornadus-T since it allow you to have a better coverage and to OHKO Excadrill, 76 Atk are requiered to get him (full speed and the rest in speatk). Use Superpower instead of Sludge Wave (Fairy Types are already checked by M-Scizor)

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Hope i helped.
thanks for the help

hola

so i like rain, but you've got the concept wrong. with rain you're supposed to maximize your attack potential through using all turns of rain you can. my first suggestion would be to use replace Latias with Mixed Kingdra. When using rain you don't normally play as if you didn't have it. So you wouldn't have time for to clear hazards as you should maximize your rain potential. Mixed Kingra gives you a powerful rain wallbreaker to open up holes for Kabutops to sweep. Speaking of Kabutops you sould replace X-Scissor < Swords Dance and Knock Off < Aqua Jet. Swords Dance allows Kabutops to clean after Kingra has sufficeiently broken through the opposing team and Aqua Jet gives it some use outside of rain if already boosted. Although I see you favor accuracy over power, Stone Edge > Rock Slide is generally better as the power is very noticeable. Make sure you run Life Orb as it significantly boosts its power output.

Next you don't have a Stealth Rock setter at all and Rain teams really appreciate the extra damage they bring. So
I suggest you try Ferrothorn > Keldeo. Ferrothorn appreciates the rain as it alleviates the 4X Fire weakness it has and it can weaken other water-types like Rotom-W with Power Whip. It also helps you out against other opposing Rain teams that can take advantage of your rain. I suggest you run a Chople Berry + Thunder Wave variant as it helps you out immensely against Mega Alakazam which traces Swift Swim. This allows you to tank a Focus Blast very easily and cripple it.

As for Tornadus-T you should replace Sludge Wave < Superpower. Your team really hates Ferrothorn (lol) and Superpower allows you to weaken it greatly. You should run a spread of 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe. My last suggestion would be to use Offensive Mega Scizor > Defensive. Your team really appreciates Scizor's capability to function outside of rain as a cleaner or late-game wallbreaker. It also offers a secondary way to lure Ferrothorn through Superpower.
Kingdra @ Life Orb
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

hope I helped you out!
I appreciate the advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)