SS Ubers Rain Half Trick Room Team! Auto-piloted to 53-9 (88.9% GXE) (Rank 9)

BACKGROUND

I have not played SS Ubers ever. However, I glanced at the sample teams and usage stats and concluded that this tier prefers Quagsire instead of Seismitoad which is much more prevalent in OU. What this means is that fat water immunities are rarely run in this tier. This led to the creation of this abomination of a team thrown together in 5 minutes. Opposing teams sometimes are so powerless at the sheer power of the water types coming their way because they need to have Quag instead of Seismitoad. Games end in <20 turns. It’s the epitome of exploiting metagame matchup and ‘clicking buttons’ without much thought. With absolutely no experience at all and playing on autopilot most the time, I had the most fun I’ve ever had since SS was released (OU is dry as fuck with everyone using the same 3 slots defensive core every game). The point of this team is that you’re supposed to play without thinking much.

This I feel could easily be even better but I want to retire this fucking team because I can't concentrate anymore when studying nor in class. This team is too easy to play so I find myself hopping on the ladder and getting distracted. Please use it too so I don't like playing with it anymore.

Teambuilding: This half TR team took inspiration from a late Gen7 OU team containing 5 water types (two swift swimmers and two banded Liquidation users) + a TR pivot Magearna.

THE TEAM

pooplipper (Pelipper) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- U-turn​

• Made the recent EV change from Max defense to Mixed EV’d so it can eat a specs Moongeist and U-turn to break the shadow shield
  • Can deal with Iron Defense Corviknight to an extent and especially if Crawdaunt gets a switcheroo off
  • Rain is a bonus, and not always necessary especially if the opponent has limited water resists. Sometimes I just throw it out early game and bring in Drednaw immediately to get the benefits
  • I rarely defog because of the sheer offense of this team but if hazards gets real bad then its there as a slot. Perhaps something like Toxic fits better for the fat Lunalas

Drednaw-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Head Smash
- Earthquake/Superpower
- Crunch/Swords Dance​

• G-Max this 70% of the time early game because its Max Stonesurge gets up rocks and breaks potential sashes/shadow shields and gets stuff in range. Sashes are important to break because it checks mons under TR.
  • Waterfall or Liquidation don't matter much, I have waterfall to flinch obviously but again most of the time this drednaw is G-Maxed
  • HeadSmash is stronger and same accuracy as stone edge. It’s better than edge trust me it gets kills against lots of mons from full and dynamax mons weak to rock from full as well. You kinda suicide when you do that though but it’s better than not killing with edge and dying anyway
  • Used to have SD on this but changed to Crunch since I don’t think I’ve clicked SD ever. Crunch at least helps against Lunala much better which I found I had some issues with
  • Superpower for Ferrothorn. EQ is better for Pex and Eternatus. You could run both and take out Crunch if you want also. Or put on SD if you want. Four slots at the end for two moves of your choosing

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Future Sight​

• Very unusual set since Jirachi has never seen a role like this before ever, but it fits perfectly for setting up TR and pivoting out in this meta. CC from Zacian does not 2hko. Rain weakens fire so you can set up TR on eternatus easily
  • Sitrus allows some HP restoration when it gets to less than half, and has saved me many times as I could get another TR up later in the match
  • No speed lowering natures, etc allows the slow uturn after getting TR up. I’ve had Arcanine outspeed me and wisp my Jirachi as I uturn into Dracovish under TR
  • H-Wish self explanatory. I’ve also used the mechanic buff to my advantage before by H-Wishing into a full health Dracovish and saving it and then bringing back Drednaw again
  • Future Sight > Doom Desire because it can help against pex and other fat waters when one of my water sweepers is in. Helps breaks subs also

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Rest
- Sleep Talk​

• The main thing that benefits from Jirachi’s TR. OHKOs resists
  • Its limitation when banded is its slow speed, so having this under TR in the rain is the scariest thing for an opponent with no water immunity
  • I don’t click anything else so I threw on Resttalk incase it gets scald burned on a switch or something. Helps it stay healthy vs well played Pex but then it would require some thinking which sucks because I want to just click buttons in autopilot and win
  • Note that with min speed it hits 139 which is faster than Melmetal/Pex/Quag/Ferro without the TR so play accordingly

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake​

• Pretty standard set that can eat a lot of attacks and get up TR when the opponent looking scary
  • Really good at late game clean up after my water breakers weaken their team
  • This is the other 30% of the time that gets the Dynamax when situations are good for it to do so

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Switcheroo​

• Wraps up the team perfectly as a secondary TR breaker that can resist ghost
  • Jet is great for finishing off weakened foes or sashed Marshadow that stole my Necrozma’s boosts
  • Knock is nice for stuff like Ferro/Pex, allowing them to be weakened for the 3 other sweepers on the team to ohko instead of getting leech seed stalled
  • Switcheroo is important to trick onto cosmic power Eternatus that got out of hand but more so iron defense Corviknight. Pelipper could wall Corviknight after it has been tricked. Decently good for defensive Pex as well. Make sure to never click Knock Off again after tricking the band though
  • If Jirachi sets up TR and uturns and I’m worried that Vish will die, sometimes I’ll go to this instead to keep up pressure and not waste TR turns. If Crawdaunt dies on the switch-in then it's whatever because Vish comes in. If it don't die then momentum is kept

Threatlist:

6-0s me if it gets a DD up, especially if it still has access to Dynamax. Lead Jirachi/Necrozma when they have one on their team because usually they are aware they can set up sub on a Pelipper lead. Put pressure and make sure it cant get free sub on Pelipper. I've thought about putting Draco Meteor on Jirachi so I could dynamax that and check it lol

If they have fat water immunities then you can no longer autopilot as easily and actually have to predict with Crawdaunt doubles, outrages, etc. If they have those and play well and you can't break it just call them cteaming n00b because no one runs those in this tier, then leave the battle before they could respond and block your pms

Max Flare users

It gets up the sun and is quite scary. Stuff like Reshiram or even CM Mewtwo you gotta be very careful about. The other Max Moves that changes weather is less problematic but still annoying at times. Both my TR setters die to fire attacks if sun is up, water moves are weakened, and swift swim is not activated

Defensive Lunala is quite annoying especially if its leftovers and it just gets back to shield range after uturns. All my attackers are physical so it likes wisping those and roosting back up. Beat it by keeping the pressure up; this is a reason why Drednaw has crunch. Offensive specs Lunala is slightly easier but it depends.

Mild annoyances that could be muscled through with Vish (which outspeeds outside of TR). If the opponent plays well with those then it can cause issues but I’ve broken through before. IF ferrothorn happens to have the rare Iron Defense-Body Press, then it should be an auto 6-0 for the opponent however

Both are only issues if you give them chance to raise their defenses and even then its minor. Eternatus is only a problematic mon if its cosmic power and Corviknight can iron defense (my whole team is physical almost). However, thats why crawdaunt runs switcheroo and Vish can still muscle past +2 corviknight in the rain when TR is up

Do some calcs with Drednaw/Dracovish/Crawdaunt and play around with this team and see for yourself how fun it is. You’ll find surprising stuff like Dracovish ohkoing Eternatus with Rend. I’m too lazy to post calcs myself but I will supply some example replays showing how little thought you need to win easily

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1073635164
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1071234913
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1071232644
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1073710373
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1071835810
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1071839780

Importable: https://pokepast.es/05ca17dd9877fcce

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)