Rain in the Parade

Hello everyone. I have always loved the rain weather effect. On my games i have been quite successful. however with the release of B2W2 i wanted to try out the new toys. this team quickly got me to 1000+ and i've been able to stay there. so without further adieu here it is!

Wet toed (Politoed) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Politoed is there because This is a rain team. Politoed is amazing at what he does. The EVs And nature are to maximize his damage. Though his very standard his is not to be underestimated. Surf is taken over Hydro Pump for it is more likely to hit. many a times i have lost due to a Well timed hydro pump missing. Ice beam is to take out grass types that would ruin him. this can be seen when face in a match against a chlorophyll sweeper. he comes in changes weather and kills with Ice beam. Focus blast makes sure he can take out T-tar if it hits. Hidden power grass is to take care of pokemon like gastrodon that would reek hell on my team with storm drain

My Little Pony! (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Secret Sword

Keldeo is an amazing special attacker with base 129 SAtk. His Nature and EVs are to make sure he hits hard and fast! boasting the 3rd most powerful hydro pump in the game after palkia and kyogre. Calm mind makes a good satk stat even better while giving me some bulk. Hydro pump is there because of the sheer raw power it holds. Hidden power Ghost is ther to take on ghost types that would other wise render my team useless. Secret sword is there to make a good pokemon harder to counter with attack that deal damage to the DEF stat. Keldeo is on my team not only becasue of his amazing stats but because of his STAB typing. water fighting is amazing. few are immune and after a clam mind or two it wont matter if you resist or not.

Blast from the Past (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 164 Spd / 92 Atk
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Hidden power (water)

This guy is amazing! As one toy replaces another, the amazing toy know as genesect replaces Tornadus-T on my team. They both have the same role more or less in my team, but genesect does it better! Nature and EVs are to make him a tough pokemon to deal with. U-turn is there so i can get in fast, dent the wall, get out. all while being a boss, Thunder takes care of those pesky water types that hit for neutral damage, Ice beam Murders Dragons types on the switch while Hidden power water is to get a boost from the rain while hitting he counters. Genesect's type is a very important factor to the team. his steel type is there to stop dragons in there tracks

ITS A SNAKE...? (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Thundurus-T. Where to start. Base 145 satk? yeah lets start there. with a satk almost that of reshiram, he is not an easything to deal with for my oppenents. he is the man i send in when i see a t-tar. a grass knot and t-tar is down. the nature and EVs maximize damage and speed. Nasty plot is to make his attack REALLY go to town. Sense he is the guy i send to deal with t-tar i take thnderbolt over thunder. Focus blast takes care of anything that annoys me. Grass knot is there to take out ground types. he got his spot on my team as a t-tar counter and his amazing spatk

Motor! (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Light Screen
- Will-o-wisp

Rotom. that washing machine that we all hate and love. though he is mostly seen attacking the hell out of everything with that satk, i see his defensive powers. Most poeple will switch to a resitor for his STABs when the see him. This set is made to maximize the teams bulk Nature and EV make him more durable. Hydro pump is so when the screens are up and the field is clear he can unleash hell. Volt switch is to get him out safely so that he can put up more screens. Rotom got on my team for 2 reasons. 1. i LOVE rotom. 2. he is just that good!

Rolli Polli. (Donphan) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 HP / 176 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Hes rolli polli ollie hes small and short and round. and in this town he is here to DESTROY! Doing tentacruels job is no small feat, and donphan has done it well. As your standard spinner/EH layerdowner, there isn't much to explain but i'll explain it. Nature and EVs make for a nice Def stat. Sturdy make sure i get my rocks up. Rapid spin is to remove other rocks and spikes. Ice shard and Earthquake are the to DESTROY the Ninetails and t-tar. He spins and spins. all day long

So with this team i tend to have a lot of fun. i look forward to what you have to say

Hey supersie thanks for the pm!

When looking at your team i noticed that you have 4 electric weaknesses and only one immunity. This makes your team very weak to Agility Thunderous-T because after an Agility he outspeeds your whole team and can get past your own Thunderous-T while Hidden Power [Ice] while just being able to spam Thunder once your Thunderous-T is gone. Choice Specs Jolteon is also in the same boat as Thunderous-T being able to outspeed your whole team and hit them all with poweful Thunders while also being able to beat Thunderous-T with Hidden Power [Ice]. With no steel-type Dragon Dance dragon-types look like a huge threat especially because your team has no Choice Scarf pokemon. Dragonite, Haxorus and Salamance all outspeed your team after a boost or two and can sweep your team with their dragon-type attacks and freely spam Outrage not having to worry about any steel-types. Blissey and Chansey also look a little bit threatening because although you have Secret Sword on Keldeo Blissey and Chansey still wall the rest of his attacks and the rest of your team really. One last problem i found with your team is that it doesn't have Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is often regarded as the most important move in the game and is definatly the most important entry hazard in the game due to the move halving Volcarona's Hp and breaking Dragonite's Multiscale who also happens to be a threat to your team.

To help against some of these problems i suggest a Donphan>Tentacruel This change effectively takes out one of your electric-type weaknesses and puts in a pokemon with an electric-type immunity. Donphan does much more for your team however then just being a nifty electric-type resist. He also provides Rapid Spin support much like your Tentacruel did, being able to Rapid Spin hazards of your side of the field to keep your sweepers and Politoed nice and healthy. Donphan also has acces to Stealth Rock. Which as i mentioned before is the most important move in the game because of the damage it does to Volcarona and Dragonite, but it also takes 25% of health of two rival weather inducers Abomasnow and Ninetales. Donphan also is a great physical wall for your team to fall back to due to your team currently lacking one, and he also has Ice Shard to help revenge kill Dragonite, Salamence and Haxorus if they are weakenend. That makes Donphan a great asset to your team because those three dragons are quite big threats. Donphan gives you a water and ice-type weakness but those types are covered nicely by the water-types you have in your team.

Although Donphan helps you a bit in handeling Haxorus, Dragonite and Salamence, they all still seem threatening to your team. Your team also lacks a dedicated revenge killer and a way to handle the pink blobs so Genesect>Tornadus-T looks like a good option. With a Choice Scarf attatched and a steel-typing Genesect is the perfect pokemon to revenge kill those three dragons with Ice Beam while being able to resist their Dragon Claws and Outrages. Genesect gives your team some much needed speed letting you pick of some weakend threats. Genesect can also help a little bit with your Chansey/Blissey problem being able to pick up a Download boost in attack when he is in on one of them then being able to threaten them with a powerful Download boosted stab U-turn. Losing Tornadus-T may be a little bit annoying but Genesect does so much for your team and also fufills the role of a grass-type resist and a special attacker with U-turn.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped! Oh and daul screen Rotom-W is pretty cool so props on that!

Sets

Donphan @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Impish | 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Earthqauke | Ice Shard

Genesect @ Choice Scarf | Download
Naive | 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
U-turn | Thunder | Bug Buzz | Ice Beam

Tl;dr
Donphan--->Tentacruel

Genesect--->Tornadus-T

~Superpowerdude

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi. Thanks for the request. Now, down to business. First off, I sense a slight vulnerability to Choiced Dragons, such as Haxorus and Latios. Since your team lacks a Steel-type, they cam easily come in on resisted attacks and get at least one kill each time they switch in. Your least-needed member appears to be Thundurus-T. You mentioned in your RMT that Thundurus-T serves as your Tyranitar counter. However, you failed to notice that Keldeo counters Tyranitar much better than Thundurus-T does. Since you also lack a Stealth Rock setter, I'd recommend the use of Ferrothorn over Thundurus-T. Ferrothorn can wall Dragons, lay SR, and take powerful Water-type attacks for the rest of the team. It can also serve as an emergency check to sand-based offensive teams, if you need it to do so. It also gives your team quite a bit of a defensive backbone.

Unlike many other teams, I do have a few nitpicks to make for this team. For one, Keldeo would appreciate the use of a Life Orb over Leftovers, to boost the power of its attacks. For Tornadus-T, I'd recommend the use of Sleep Talk over Dark Pulse, seeing that the latter grants you no beneficial coverage and is just taking up space. Meanwhile, Tornadus-T can be used as a safe switch-in to Breloom, absorbing Spore and threatening it with a Hurricane to the face. Finally, for Rotom-W, I'd recommend the use of Will-O-Wisp over Reflect. Will-O-Wisp permanently cripples the opponent's physical attackers, unlike Reflect. I'd also recommend changing Light Clay on Rotom-W to Leftovers. Rotom-W really appreciates that extra 6.25% recovery that it gets at the end of each turn from Lefties. That augments its durability by leaps and bounds and ultimately makes it more useful for your team. A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell | Iron Barbs
Careful | 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Stealth Rock | Leech Seed | Power Whip | Bulldoze

Nitpicks:
---->

Leftovers ----> Life Orb

Reflect ----> Will-O-Wisp
Light Clay ----> Leftovers

The Ferrothorn set is standard fare, with the exception of Bulldoze in the last slot. Bulldoze is used to strike Magnezone in the face, foiling its trapping attempts. Anyway, I hope this helped. Have a nice day.

Hey supersie thanks for the pm!

When looking at your team i noticed that you have 4 electric weaknesses and only one immunity. This makes your team very weak to Agility Thunderous-T because after an Agility he outspeeds your whole team and can get past your own Thunderous-T while Hidden Power [Ice] while just being able to spam Thunder once your Thunderous-T is gone. Choice Specs Jolteon is also in the same boat as Thunderous-T being able to outspeed your whole team and hit them all with poweful Thunders while also being able to beat Thunderous-T with Hidden Power [Ice]. With no steel-type Dragon Dance dragon-types look like a huge threat especially because your team has no Choice Scarf pokemon. Dragonite, Haxorus and Salamance all outspeed your team after a boost or two and can sweep your team with their dragon-type attacks and freely spam Outrage not having to worry about any steel-types. Blissey and Chansey also look a little bit threatening because although you have Secret Sword on Keldeo Blissey and Chansey still wall the rest of his attacks and the rest of your team really. One last problem i found with your team is that it doesn't have Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is often regarded as the most important move in the game and is definatly the most important entry hazard in the game due to the move halving Volcarona's Hp and breaking Dragonite's Multiscale who also happens to be a threat to your team.

To help against some of these problems i suggest a Donphan>Tentacruel This change effectively takes out one of your electric-type weaknesses and puts in a pokemon with an electric-type immunity. Donphan does much more for your team however then just being a nifty electric-type resist. He also provides Rapid Spin support much like your Tentacruel did, being able to Rapid Spin hazards of your side of the field to keep your sweepers and Politoed nice and healthy. Donphan also has acces to Stealth Rock. Which as i mentioned before is the most important move in the game because of the damage it does to Volcarona and Dragonite, but it also takes 25% of health of two rival weather inducers Abomasnow and Ninetales. Donphan also is a great physical wall for your team to fall back to due to your team currently lacking one, and he also has Ice Shard to help revenge kill Dragonite, Salamence and Haxorus if they are weakenend. That makes Donphan a great asset to your team because those three dragons are quite big threats. Donphan gives you a water and ice-type weakness but those types are covered nicely by the water-types you have in your team.

Although Donphan helps you a bit in handeling Haxorus, Dragonite and Salamence, they all still seem threatening to your team. Your team also lacks a dedicated revenge killer and a way to handle the pink blobs so Genesect>Tornadus-T looks like a good option. With a Choice Scarf attatched and a steel-typing Genesect is the perfect pokemon to revenge kill those three dragons with Ice Beam while being able to resist their Dragon Claws and Outrages. Genesect gives your team some much needed speed letting you pick of some weakend threats. Genesect can also help a little bit with your Chansey/Blissey problem being able to pick up a Download boost in attack when he is in on one of them then being able to threaten them with a powerful Download boosted stab U-turn. Losing Tornadus-T may be a little bit annoying but Genesect does so much for your team and also fufills the role of a grass-type resist and a special attacker with U-turn.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped! Oh and daul screen Rotom-W is pretty cool so props on that!

Sets

Donphan @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Impish | 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Earthqauke | Ice Shard

Genesect @ Choice Scarf | Download
Naive | 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
U-turn | Thunder | Bug Buzz | Ice Beam

Tl;dr
Donphan--->Tentacruel

Genesect--->Tornadus-T

~Superpowerdude
These look nice. i will try these them update

Hi. Thanks for the request. Now, down to business. First off, I sense a slight vulnerability to Choiced Dragons, such as Haxorus and Latios. Since your team lacks a Steel-type, they cam easily come in on resisted attacks and get at least one kill each time they switch in. Your least-needed member appears to be Thundurus-T. You mentioned in your RMT that Thundurus-T serves as your Tyranitar counter. However, you failed to notice that Keldeo counters Tyranitar much better than Thundurus-T does. Since you also lack a Stealth Rock setter, I'd recommend the use of Ferrothorn over Thundurus-T. Ferrothorn can wall Dragons, lay SR, and take powerful Water-type attacks for the rest of the team. It can also serve as an emergency check to sand-based offensive teams, if you need it to do so. It also gives your team quite a bit of a defensive backbone.

Unlike many other teams, I do have a few nitpicks to make for this team. For one, Keldeo would appreciate the use of a Life Orb over Leftovers, to boost the power of its attacks. For Tornadus-T, I'd recommend the use of Sleep Talk over Dark Pulse, seeing that the latter grants you no beneficial coverage and is just taking up space. Meanwhile, Tornadus-T can be used as a safe switch-in to Breloom, absorbing Spore and threatening it with a Hurricane to the face. Finally, for Rotom-W, I'd recommend the use of Will-O-Wisp over Reflect. Will-O-Wisp permanently cripples the opponent's physical attackers, unlike Reflect. I'd also recommend changing Light Clay on Rotom-W to Leftovers. Rotom-W really appreciates that extra 6.25% recovery that it gets at the end of each turn from Lefties. That augments its durability by leaps and bounds and ultimately makes it more useful for your team. A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell | Iron Barbs
Careful | 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Stealth Rock | Leech Seed | Power Whip | Bulldoze

Nitpicks:
---->

Leftovers ----> Life Orb

Reflect ----> Will-O-Wisp
Light Clay ----> Leftovers

The Ferrothorn set is standard fare, with the exception of Bulldoze in the last slot. Bulldoze is used to strike Magnezone in the face, foiling its trapping attempts. Anyway, I hope this helped. Have a nice day.
i can see where your going with the keldeo and thundurus-T. rotom is under stanable but the i like using dual screens. i will try it out though

Have done an update with the suggestions

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I got the VM to rate this team.

Anyway, your team looks pretty much like a bog standard rain offense team. As a rain offense team, though, it looks weak to most things that rain offense teams tend to be weak to. I got the VM before you made the change from Tornadus-T to Genesect, but Latias still looks like it can give you a lot of trouble. With the SubCM set, she can just use Substitute to protect herself from U-turn, set up a Sub on pretty much every other one of your Pokemon and just set up easily. You also lack proper switch-ins for Starmie (it can pretty much just click Hydro Pump and destroy pretty much everything) and Jolteon (who outspeeds everything on your team and O/2HKOs pretty much everything). Although it finds it hard to set up, Volcarona in the rain with Hurricane can be very hard to stop at +1/+1/+1 as well. I personally think Tentacruel was originally a decent spinner on your team since it was an excellent Water resist which you want on a rain team (Rotom-W is not a very long lasting one, unfortunately), and I was more leaning on replacing one of your Pokemon with Ferrothorn (probably Thundurus-T). With a Ferrothorn on your team, you can check most of these threats. I think TNT's Ferrothorn suggestion would solve a lot of your problems. If you were to replace it over anything, I'd replace it with Donphan, to be honest. Your team isn't really that weak to entry hazards, and Donphan loses to a lot of Spikers anyway.

Good luck and have fun.

Okay, I got the VM to rate this team.

Anyway, your team looks pretty much like a bog standard rain offense team. As a rain offense team, though, it looks weak to most things that rain offense teams tend to be weak to. I got the VM before you made the change from Tornadus-T to Genesect, but Latias still looks like it can give you a lot of trouble. With the SubCM set, she can just use Substitute to protect herself from U-turn, set up a Sub on pretty much every other one of your Pokemon and just set up easily. You also lack proper switch-ins for Starmie (it can pretty much just click Hydro Pump and destroy pretty much everything) and Jolteon (who outspeeds everything on your team and O/2HKOs pretty much everything). Although it finds it hard to set up, Volcarona in the rain with Hurricane can be very hard to stop at +1/+1/+1 as well. I personally think Tentacruel was originally a decent spinner on your team since it was an excellent Water resist which you want on a rain team (Rotom-W is not a very long lasting one, unfortunately), and I was more leaning on replacing one of your Pokemon with Ferrothorn (probably Thundurus-T). With a Ferrothorn on your team, you can check most of these threats. I think TNT's Ferrothorn suggestion would solve a lot of your problems. If you were to replace it over anything, I'd replace it with Donphan, to be honest. Your team isn't really that weak to entry hazards, and Donphan loses to a lot of Spikers anyway.

Good luck and have fun.

I can see where your going with this. im unable to test right now but i will test this later, you can count on that. the reason i haven't thought about lati@s is while testing i never met any. though i admidt they would have destroyed me. the thing is i love my spin support. if i loss dophan then lose my ability to spin this will be tested. mind you lati@s would still be a problem as i have no counter

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Got your request bud :) Cool team!

So the first thing I want to suggest is a small change. I recommend changing up your Genesect a little, to something like this:

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Water
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

The EV spread is much more streamlined. The fact is that Genesect is U-Turning much more often than anything else, so having some buffed Atk really helps. 164 Spe EVs with a +Spe nature allow you to outspeed almost everything 252 EVs with a +Spe nature would. You only lose out on outspeeding Timid Scarf Hydreigon; who is extraordinarily rare; you will also not be able to speed tie with Max Speed Genesects, though in honesty that is a coin toss and should be avoided regardless. With those spare EVs you can beef up the U-Turn Genesect so loves to spam. The other small change is giving Genesect HP Water. This is a uncommon choice but it is very useful on your rain team. It hits many of Genesect's "counters" for SE damage, including Terrakion and Heatran, and of course benefits from the 1.5x bonus from Drizzle.

I also second Trinitrotoluene's suggestions for Rotom-W, I've tried using DS Rotom-W and even though I really wanted it to work, it never really did.

I also suggest you try out HP Ice on Keldeo. While HP Ghost nets the better Neutral coverage, HP Ice really wins out on SE coverage. You are put more at risk against Gyarados(rare) and namely Jellicent(Thundurus and Rotom-W love this thang) while you gain coverage on Dragonite, Salamence, Breloom, Amoonguss and many more. You also keep SE damage for the Lati@s twins.

Final small change is to change Donphan's EVs to 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def. This costs Donphan only 5% effective bulk while giving it's Earthquakes and (more importantly) Ice Shards some needed buffs.

Good Luck!

Got your request bud :) Cool team!

So the first thing I want to suggest is a small change. I recommend changing up your Genesect a little, to something like this:

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Water
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

The EV spread is much more streamlined. The fact is that Genesect is U-Turning much more often than anything else, so having some buffed Atk really helps. 164 Spe EVs with a +Spe nature allow you to outspeed almost everything 252 EVs with a +Spe nature would. You only lose out on outspeeding Timid Scarf Hydreigon; who is extraordinarily rare; you will also not be able to speed tie with Max Speed Genesects, though in honesty that is a coin toss and should be avoided regardless. With those spare EVs you can beef up the U-Turn Genesect so loves to spam. The other small change is giving Genesect HP Water. This is a uncommon choice but it is very useful on your rain team. It hits many of Genesect's "counters" for SE damage, including Terrakion and Heatran, and of course benefits from the 1.5x bonus from Drizzle.

I also second Trinitrotoluene's suggestions for Rotom-W, I've tried using DS Rotom-W and even though I really wanted it to work, it never really did.

I also suggest you try out HP Ice on Keldeo. While HP Ghost nets the better Neutral coverage, HP Ice really wins out on SE coverage. You are put more at risk against Gyarados(rare) and namely Jellicent(Thundurus and Rotom-W love this thang) while you gain coverage on Dragonite, Salamence, Breloom, Amoonguss and many more. You also keep SE damage for the Lati@s twins.

Final small change is to change Donphan's EVs to 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def. This costs Donphan only 5% effective bulk while giving it's Earthquakes and (more importantly) Ice Shards some needed buffs.

Good Luck!
Sorry about the late reply. had a VERY busy weekend

i see no reason why these changes shouldn't be implemented. after going through a brief testing segment (just to make sure) your suggestions will become part of the team. thank you very much

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey there, I got your VM to rate this team. It seems like the other posters have said just about everything I was going to say basically, but I'll give you some minor suggestions that you can try. Firstly, looking at your Politoed, I'd suggest you changing the spread to 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 Spd. The advantages of this set is that it gives Politoed some extra bulk to fire off its devastatingly powerful moves. That's the only suggestion that I have for this team, like I said before, everyone said what I was going to say. But good luck and have fun with your team!

~Dr Ciel~

Hey there, I got your VM to rate this team. It seems like the other posters have said just about everything I was going to say basically, but I'll give you some minor suggestions that you can try. Firstly, looking at your Politoed, I'd suggest you changing the spread to 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 Spd. The advantages of this set is that it gives Politoed some extra bulk to fire off its devastatingly powerful moves. That's the only suggestion that I have for this team, like I said before, everyone said what I was going to say. But good luck and have fun with your team!

~Dr Ciel~

i like this idea. but i'll put the spd EVs in a def and put 0 spd Ivs then to get my weather up (slower the weather gets the boost right?)

Well, I didn't get a PM, but here to rate anyway!

I think you'll benefit from most of the changes suggested above. I personally really appreciate having a spinner on the team so I wouldn't replace donphan, don't know about you though.

I would replace focus blast with hydro pump on toed--hydro pump is basically required for the sheer force of STAB + rain + specs + 120 base power. Even in sand, this can OHKO offensive TTar and 2HKOs all of them. Focus blast is not so great a move on toed in my experience, although if you're finding it useful once again feel free to stick with that.

I agree with hp ice > hp ghost, that's much better for just about everything short of jellicent, which isn't a problem for you.

I really don't like hp [water] on sect--even with the rain boost, it's still way weak, and the only things it really beats are fire types, which are no obstacle for rain teams. I'd suggest bug buzz instead, or maybe even giga drain--although niche, it's useful for removing otherwise counters such as gastrodon, which can be problematic for rain teams.

NPthundurs has a ton of power, but the problem is, it's outsped by a ton of stuff. Instead, I recommend changing the set to agility with life orb > leftovers. With LO and that gargantuan base SpA, it doesn't need the NP boost, and agility will let it outspeed pretty much everything. You can even afford to go modest, although this prevents you from outspeeding base 100s at +0. This set still has a ton of power while sweeping much more readily.

I grudgingly must agree that it would probably be best to forego DStom. Have you ever considered using chestorestotom though? It gives it (semi-)reliable recovery, which can be really useful on a poke with as many resistances as rotom. If not, lefties is a great option.

Donphan looks good, is there a particular reason for the Atk EVs? If not, I'd put them into Def, unless there are any KOs you get with that investment.

Hope my comments helped, GL with the team!

Hi

Your team gets utterly destroyed by Amoong-Chans. So I couldn't really give any suggestions to your current team.
ok great. now tell me something that i could do about instead of just posting spam

Well, I didn't get a PM, but here to rate anyway!

I think you'll benefit from most of the changes suggested above. I personally really appreciate having a spinner on the team so I wouldn't replace donphan, don't know about you though.

I would replace focus blast with hydro pump on toed--hydro pump is basically required for the sheer force of STAB + rain + specs + 120 base power. Even in sand, this can OHKO offensive TTar and 2HKOs all of them. Focus blast is not so great a move on toed in my experience, although if you're finding it useful once again feel free to stick with that.

I agree with hp ice > hp ghost, that's much better for just about everything short of jellicent, which isn't a problem for you.

I really don't like hp [water] on sect--even with the rain boost, it's still way weak, and the only things it really beats are fire types, which are no obstacle for rain teams. I'd suggest bug buzz instead, or maybe even giga drain--although niche, it's useful for removing otherwise counters such as gastrodon, which can be problematic for rain teams.

NPthundurs has a ton of power, but the problem is, it's outsped by a ton of stuff. Instead, I recommend changing the set to agility with life orb > leftovers. With LO and that gargantuan base SpA, it doesn't need the NP boost, and agility will let it outspeed pretty much everything. You can even afford to go modest, although this prevents you from outspeeding base 100s at +0. This set still has a ton of power while sweeping much more readily.

I grudgingly must agree that it would probably be best to forego DStom. Have you ever considered using chestorestotom though? It gives it (semi-)reliable recovery, which can be really useful on a poke with as many resistances as rotom. If not, lefties is a great option.

Donphan looks good, is there a particular reason for the Atk EVs? If not, I'd put them into Def, unless there are any KOs you get with that investment.

Hope my comments helped, GL with the team!

So hydro pump and surf? that kinda seems redundant
yeah Dr ciel gets credit for HP ice on keldeo i like it to
I like HP water on genesect. i get in and then they stay in for a OHKO
Ok i will look into Agility on thundurus
chestorestom? seems useable. will look into that.
and the ATk EVs are to make EQ and IS hit hard so rolli polli isn't just dead weight as a spinner after rocks are up and gone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)