Rain of Arrows (OU)

Hello everyone :)
I just came up with title like that, because back in DM days I used to cast this card a lot. What does it have to do with wy Pokemon team? Not much I think. Basically this team works the same way as Rain of Arrows in Duel Masters few years ago. I use some some original (well, I hope I do) and not common Pokemon combinations that together work pretty well (that team wins most of the games on Showdown lately).
So, without further ado - let's roll with the main part of RMT!

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

My regular lead, I used it in most of my teams this gen. I like it to hold LO instead of Focus Sash, because it OHKOs Volcarona with EQ, does pretty big damage to Multiscale D-Nite with Ice Shard, and also OHKOs some of Lead T-Tars. I also really like it because of its ability. I saw many people forgeting about Thick Fat and just randomly throwing faster Fire-Type Pokemon to kill this thing, while it easily survives hits thrown at it and KOs back with EQ. Works great.

Medicham (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

I wanted to use Mega Medicham because it is really good IMO, and also really underrated. People like to use other Fighting-type Pokemon lately (namely Breloom or M-Lucario) while both of these are easily OHKO'd by Medicham (I know this argument isn't really valid, oh well). Medi is incredibly fast with this EV spread and it also packs up some nice power. I run Thunderpunch instead of Ice Punch, because I already have one Ice-type physical heavy hitter (even though it is my lead).

Azumarill (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

I know it is really overused by people nowadays, but I just really like it, damn! It is bulky, it is strong, it is cute and it is really versatile! Both of its STABs can hit many, many different species of Pokemon for a huge-bass damage. And this Pokemon is also part of my nostalgic memories, because it was one of my first Pokemon ever fully EV-trained and competitively used. And I also use too much of a word "really"... That's sad.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Roost

When I looked up at things my team has to fear the most at the moment I was building that team - Zapdos came into my mind as a counter to them, and I was like "yup, let's use it!". It has really monstrous sp.defense and it can stall-out a lot of different special attackers. Just poison them, Sub+Roost and use T-Bolt from time to time. That's it.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

In the era of fearsome dragon-type physical monsters it is really (gosh, again!) good to have some nice and bulky Steel-type. I use on of these - it's called Forretress! It serves me really well in combo with Zapdos because they cover each other weaknesses pretty darn effectively. It can also Rapid Spin, set-up extra hazards and hit Fairy-Types for a little bit of damage. It is good, I like it.

Gengar (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond

Fearsome special-attacker, two great STAB moves, my spin-blocker and a 100% Breloom counter. That's what my Gengar basically is! I know it is kinda weird for it to hold Safety Goggles, but it saved my b-ass so many times! This Pokemon is what I needed to complete my awesome team.
Oh, and obviously it is great suicide-bag to throw at my opponent when he/she has something that I cannot really counter at the moment. Destiny Bond, and bang - it is gone!

---

I am really sorry that I didn't upload any sprites or Pokemon images, but I simply have no time for it right now. I just wanted to post that team as fast as possible and ask you guys for fair ratings.
Cheers!

First off, Kudos to you sir. Haven't seen a team quite like this in awhile. Though I see a lot of these guys in OU on Showdown, they're usually on some kind of different team comp, complete with Super OU pokemon (Aegislash, Talonflame, etc). First time I've seen somebody wanting to use Mega-Cham too. Didn't realize how high his attack and speed both were. Not much is going to outspeed your Mega. HOWEVER, I might suggest something other than Drain Punch. How about Bullet punch? Having a priority move can and will save your life more than drain punch may, and with all the other heavy hitters on your team, if he can take out two mons and a chunck of another health, you may be set. Because of his typing, me may be a bit harder to swap in, but with an attack stat like his, you're solid. You don't even need life orb.

Now, there is something you may need to fear: Talonflame. Nothing you have can switch well into TFlames big Brave Bird or Flare Blitzes without worry. Even Azumarill would seriously regret taking a Flare Blitz followed by a faser priority Brave Bird. So, I'd suggest dropping Forretress in favor of a different defensive wall. You'd also be losing your Rapid Spinner though, so that's a double duty you need to fill. Something worth trying might be Kabutops (Weak Armor @ Focus Slash?) as a Bulky Offensive mon who can switch into TFlame perfectly well, but the trade off is he isn't as survivable as Forretress. Another option is Mandibuzz's awesome bulk w/ Roost, Knock Off, Defog, and either Toxic or Taunt (It's a set that's gaining popularity as of late), but the trade off there is Defog removes YOUR hazards as well, so that's a double edged sword, however, defensive bird duo? Yes. Also, since Mandi can have Overcoat, you may not need the Safety Goggles on Gengar.

Since you seem to be the type to not like super popular/common team sets, check my team in the link in my sig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)