SM OU Rainbow Road: Offensive OU Team

Excuse me if my descriptions are bad: I had a bunch of help making the team, and dont quite understand everything yet.

Mario Kartana (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Defog
- Smart Strike

Aah, Kartana. The sweeper of the ages. The set is rather normal, with Defog being the option to handle stuff such as Spikes or Sticky Web. Not sure what else to say besides the fact that, in the right situation, it can almost automatically get me the win.

Gypsy (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Megacham, yet another nice sweeper and also a rather good scout. I'll usually like to lead off with this one: Fake Out can usually get a bit of quick damage in. An exception to starting off with this one would be if the opposing team has Tapu Lele or a ghost type. The set is completely normal as usual.

Donkey (Tapu Bulu) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Thats right, another sweeper-type mon, but this one with substitute and move setup. This guy can do plenty, and also sets up Grassy Terrain. Set is just the plain normal SubSD.

Rabbot (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

I, personally, love Magearna. It has pretty good coverage, can freeze mons with ice beam, has the great ability of Soul-Heart. Set is about normal, except with Ice Beam over HP Fire. Ice Beam hits grass types and ground types, has more base damage, and all it cant do is hit other steel types. It's also just plain a Bulky Pivot, and can tank a bunch of special hits.

Puppy (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Because whats an OU team without LandoT, eh? It's the usual Defensive setup, there to deal some damage and maybe get a stealth rock up. Set is the usual, with Rocky Helmet over Leftovers for no particular reason.

Jojo Reference (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

You thought we stopped all the sweeper-sort back at Bulu? Nope, we got one that can be a relatively good sweeper or Spikes setup. The water type on the team is rather nice, and even with neutral damage this guy could destroy. Omae wa no shinderu.

Some annoying weaknesses I've experienced:
*Araquanid, or really just Sticky Webs in general. This can practically ruin Scarf. Throwing Kart in on Sticky Webs completely negates the scarf. I could just use Defog, but of course, defog is on Kartana. And that could be dangerous since Kart cant take much of a special attack.
*...cant think of much else to be honest. I have played with this team a good bit considering its my main team, but I also suck at remembering stuff.

Decent looking team, but it seems incredibly weak to Rain, Trick Room, Hail... just every kind of hyper-offence really. There's only so much Fake Out stalling turns can do. A more rain resistant special sponge like Gastrodon or some form of defog could really help in the hail/webs matchup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)