Tournament Random Battles Team Tournament 5 - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
What are this formats?????? JUSTICE FOR CAP 1V1 AND MONOTYPE BATTLE FACTORY

Also hi, manager of the team with most wins in history. If y'all have cool tour records, ladders, and alts y'all wanna show me to get drafted, hmu on PS or at Irpachuza#0932 on Discord

Last edited:

Roginald

Always Raining
RBTT Champion
Hello homies

Frosty and I return with Team Kyogre after finishing as runners up last year!
Being a previous winner and having never missed a playoffs, I'm looking for some new talent to bring home the custom this year. Shoot me a dm here or on discord at Roginald#7049 ESPECIALLY if you play some of the more unique formats!

kyogre logo.PNG

Shitpost compilation:
_ Arcanine
Dog paw curls
You are all bark and no bite
The caravan barks and the dogs go by
I will beat you to pups
We are the top dogs
You can't doge your destiny
You are barking up the wrong team
You are the underdog
It's raining Arcanine and Growlithe
Can you hurry up, I have to go walk my dog
_ Kyogre:
It's all ogre now
You will drown in fear
Your chances are sinking
You can't sea our greatness
We are the source of greatness like the sea is the source of life
Fear our knowledge ocean
It's a good day for rain
The tide will turn in my favor
You have been washed away
_ Rayquaza
My chances are soaring
(To Deoxys) We are living in the world with Mega.
(To Kyogre) You are locked out of playoff
We have a nice team atmosphere
Why do you air your dirty laundry?
You are just the meteors I eat everyday
I am out of your reach
_ Deoxys
There's no space for the lots of you
It's universally agreed that we are the greatest
Are you living on another planet?
It's time for you to come back down to earth
I won't leave you any breathing space
Our players are out of this world
_ Darkrai
I can't imagine you win even in my wildest dreams
Don't give up on your dream, keep sleeping
You are in a pitch black tunnel with no light
This just turns into a nightmare for you
You should stop daydreaming since you have no chance
You are only taking a shot in the dark
_ Skymin
There's no shaymin losing to us
You are still so young, so green
You will wither and rot
You are not out of the woods yet
Don't worry, you are just a late bloomer
You only think you can win because of your rose-tinted glasses
You are a thorn in my side at best
Our victories take root
We have a primrose path to playoff
_ Yveltal (They already have their own copypasta, do they need anything more?)
I will hax you to oblivion
Your destruction is inevitable
Your chances are dwindling just like your life force
_ Hoopa
Our level is in a different dimension
Your plays are very one-dimensional
I can't warp my mind around your plays
My plays are so reality warping
I'm already x wormholes ahead of you
I beat you in all possible universes
Contrary to me, your loss is bound to happen

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
What's poppin everyone,

Pujo and I will be returning this year after winning rbtt4 last year, this time to captain Team Deoxys! For those who don't know me, I've been in every iteration of rbtt and have never missed playoffs, having made finals 3/4 times and having won the tour twice (once as a player, once as a manager). If you would like to try out for the winning team, please dm me here on Smogon, find me on PS, or add me on discord at Fragments#6623.

All that aside, I have been thinking recently that it would be a good idea to acquaint everyone with the managers this year. And that's when it hit me, what better way to introduce everyone than manager power rankings? That said, a traditional power rankings would be far too boring, so I have decided the only other viable metric by which to rank each team: How would each manager pair do in a fight with a grizzly bear?! Let me now commence the only rankings you'll need this rbtt season.

1. Team Rayquaza (za and LoSconosciuto)
While these 2 may be rookies to managing this year, they would undoubtedly do the best in this fight. Za's 6'7 stature will aid him well, as the bear will surely be stunned that he's fighting a real life sasquatch. I suspect the two will lock up in a traditional collar-and-elbow tie-up. This is where LoSco comes in. LoSco's experience with Yu-Gi-Oh comes into play here, as he knows the optimal strategies for dueling. As za attacks from the front, LoSco will jump on the bear's back into a rear naked choke. The bear will succumb under the Italian's impressive arm strength and eventually pass out.

2. Team Kyogre (Roginald and frostyicelad)
Despite the fact that Pujo and I hold an rbtt victory over these two, I believe they have the edge here. Rogi may only be 5'6 but the British beefcake has been on a bulk lately and ready for a throwdown. Rogi will use his small stature to evade attacks while diving at the bear's legs. Frosty and his 0.0001% body fat will assist by nimbly hopping from tree to tree, such that the bear has to contend with attacks from both above and below. The bear will quickly be overwhelmed by such a barrage and likely collapse in exhaustion.

3. Team Deoxys (Fragments and Pujo)
Despite the fact that I am also 5'6, my special ability comes from my unshakable belief that I can beat anything bigger than me and an incredible disregard for my own well-being. I will simply charge straight at the bear as it mumbles to itself, "who is this dumb fuck." As I have the bear confused, Pujo will utilize his superior French military tactics and surrender flank the bear and deliver a devastating roundhouse kick. By the time I catch up it will be an all-out assault and the bear will run in fear.

4. Team Hoopa (not a racist and Irpachuza)
Hoopas have stood the test of time, and with that they have great combat experience. Nate will likely be drunk for this fight meaning he will feel no pain the bear may inflict. In fact the bear may need a drink of his own after this one. Irpa and his advanced use of psychology will remind the bear of its childhood, relating its violent temperament back to issues with its mother. The bear will now be drunk and depressed, and will simply waddle off into the sunset to turn its life around.

5. Team Darkrai (Rage and Aquaa)
This is an interesting one, as Rage and Aqua have very different builds. Rage is built like Paul Bunyan and thus will confuse the bear into thinking it has found its long lost brother. The bear will let its guard down, and that's where Aqua steps in. Aqua's best weapon here is his smarts; he will stay perched in a tree and hurl rocks at the bear from a safe distance. When the bear looks up, Rage will hit a superman punch knocking the bear back into the 4th dimension.

6. Team Skymin (jasprose and Perish Song)
Unfortunately, these last 3 teams will all struggle mightily with the bear. Jasprose will procrastinate fighting the bear, as he does with all his assignments, and leave Perish to start the fight alone. Perish will proceed to question the bear on its knowledge of smogtours history. The bear hates smogtours. I do not blame the bear. The bear proceeds to eat Perish as jasprose finally realizes he's supposed to be in a battle. Luckily he is nimble and will be able to escape, as Perish will continue his rant from inside the bear's stomach.

7. Team Yveltal (pokeblade101 and Quoise)
While blade is a good friend of mine, he would do dreadful in this fight. His skills in computer science will not prove to be of much use, and he will likely choke this fight as he does his tour games (I still love you blade). Quoise will have to contend with the bear alone. I fear I do not know much about Quoise, but any 1v1 situation would surely favor the bear, thus ending Yveltal's season before it got a chance to begin.

8. Team Arcanine (RustySheriffBadge and MaswoodShaheb)
The not-actually-a-legendary team comes in last place here. Mas is a pure human being who does not believe in harming other life forms. Mas will run away from the fight before it even begins so that he does not have to hurt anyone. Rusty will attempt advanced jiu-jitsu techniques by rolling in for a heel hook, but unfortunately the bear is a black belt. Rusty never stood a chance, and the doggos are sent to the pound.

If you disagree with where you were ranked, please leave your complaints in my complaint box and I will be sure to promplty throw them out. Thank you for your time ladies and gents.

Edit: by special request I am officially adding A Cake Wearing A Hat and sharpclaw as special contestants on this power rankings. While they may not be managing, they are hosting the tour as a whole and deserve representation in this epic fight.

Cake's knack for odd food choices including parmesean on strawberries and pencils frozen in Dr. Pepper (ig that's not technically a food?), along with his vast experience in MS paint show off his creative ingenuity. As such, he will not fight the bear head on, but rather approach in a zig-zag pattern like a majestic gazelle in the sahara. The bear, not being able to predict his movement patterns, will suddenly hear another bear and call for help. But it is not another bear, it is sharp claw using his voice acting skills to mimic a bear. The bear turns back to see cake now flying through the air with a perfectly executed wheel kick. The bear is defeated.

Last edited:
Predictions based on how they compare to me:

8th Place: Team Rayquaza (za and LoSconosciuto) - newbies. they have not been through what I have been through. they have not seen the things i've seen. i do not know either of you very well and therefore, you do not compare. maybe you are better than me but i have no way of knowing that. step it up and we'll see if this spot can improve. good luck.

7th Place: Team Hoopa (not a racist and Irpachuza) - Sorry Irpa, but you are brought down strictly by associating yourself with N*te. We are the co-hosts of Challenge Cup Cup, I have won a season and he simply hasn't. I have also been cast AND been a host for SmORGon. He has simply spectated. He may have me by beard but I have him by looks. N*te just doesn't compare.

6th Place: Team Skymin (jasprose and Perish Song) - Although I don't know either of you that well, I do know that you've been around and thus, you are above the Rays. (and you aren't n*te) You have my favorite mascot which in a perfect world would give you bonus points, but unfortunately this isn't a perfect world. I think you easily could compare to me, but I just don't know you well enough.

5th Place:
Team Yveltal (pokeblade101 and Quoise) - Stock is dropped because I'm not totally familiar with Quoise, but poke has literally ran my ass on any format I've played him in for years so, I obviously don't compare on that front. I have the it factor on him, but he has the pokemon skill that I simply cannot compare to. Lame box legendary mascot, but at the end of the day it's still a cool design.

4th Place:
Team Darkrai (Rage and Aquaa) - We're reaching the "comparable to Tanner" territory here. Rage is a cool ass dude, and Aquaa has had enough name changes to last multiple people a lifetime, and therefore must be pretty important. I think I am on equal playing field as I'm a cool ass dude, and I have a name that is definitely a name. They have nothing over me, I have nothing over them. Equal ground. 4th place.

3rd Place:
Team Deoxys (Fragments and Pujo) - Josh wrote a dope ass meme power rankings post before I could get to mine. He is already above me in that regard. From that standpoint alone I cannot say he doesn't compare to me. But this is not why they have graced the top three. Pujo "Holly Jolly" lly is FRENCH. Do you know how much cooler that is with being an American. He also dresses like a damn god, and is just a drippy dude. I cannot compare. You win.

2nd Place: Team Kyogre (Roginald and frostyicelad) - First off, Roginald gets me on looks. That's all there is to it. iykyk. He's also a cool dude, a good battler, and probably more things that are just better than me. Winner. FIL and I have had a lot of really positive interaction since I've known him. He's drafted me, I've drafted him, we've been on a few different teams together in our time. I genuinely enjoy every experience with frosty and he is just a better human than me fullstop.

1st Place:
Team Arcanine (RustySheriffBadge and MaswoodShabeb) - Where do I even begin. I respect all of you on this list but unfortunately this was a blowout. RSB, my bunnelbrother, I have so much respect for you as a person and as a battler. You beat me in both respects. I hope you've been well, and maybe we get a chance this season to be on the same side of the play again :eyes:. Massssssssssssssssssssssswooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooob. My god, I don't know what to say other than gm. You're a ray of sunshine and easily one of the most positive human beings. Bork fuckin bork.

(For legal reasons this was entirely biased and I don't apologize for that. I know all of you are great, can't wait for a cool rbtt5.)

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
I'll shitpost later today but if you want to be drafted by the two managers who actually won last year don't hesitate to contact me on discord (Pujo#3471) to send a quick introduction of who you are, what your ladder peaks are and your performances in the rands open tours of this year! I'll read everything and will send your infos to my wonderful co-manager Fragments (go like his post).

:ss/deoxys-attack:
:ss/zapdos-galar:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'll shitpost later today but if you want to be drafted by the two managers who actually won last year don't hesitate to contact me on discord (Pujo#3471) to send a quick introduction of who you are, what your ladder peaks are and your performances in the rands open tours of this year! I'll read everything and will send your infos to my wonderful co-manager Fragments (go like his post).

:ss/deoxys-attack:
:ss/zapdos-galar:
I have a 70% winrate against SFG can I be drafted?

What's poppin everyone,

Pujo and I will be returning this year after winning rbtt4 last year, this time to captain Team Deoxys! For those who don't know me, I've been in every iteration of rbtt and have never missed playoffs, having made finals 3/4 times and having won the tour twice (once as a player, once as a manager). If you would like to try out for the winning team, please dm me here on Smogon, find me on PS, or add me on discord at Fragments#6623.

All that aside, I have been thinking recently that it would be a good idea to acquaint everyone with the managers this year. And that's when it hit me, what better way to introduce everyone than manager power rankings? That said, a traditional power rankings would be far too boring, so I have decided the only other viable metric by which to rank each team: How would each manager pair do in a fight with a grizzly bear?! Let me now commence the only rankings you'll need this rbtt season.

1. Team Rayquaza (za and LoSconosciuto)
While these 2 may be rookies to managing this year, they would undoubtedly do the best in this fight. Za's 6'7 stature will aid him well, as the bear will surely be stunned that he's fighting a real life sasquatch. I suspect the two will lock up in a traditional collar-and-elbow tie-up. This is where LoSco comes in. LoSco's experience with Yu-Gi-Oh comes into play here, as he knows the optimal strategies for dueling. As za attacks from the front, LoSco will jump on the bear's back into a rear naked choke. The bear will succumb under the Italian's impressive arm strength and eventually pass out.

2. Team Kyogre (Roginald and frostyicelad)
Despite the fact that Pujo and I hold an rbtt victory over these two, I believe they have the edge here. Rogi may only be 5'6 but the British beefcake has been on a bulk lately and ready for a throwdown. Rogi will use his small stature to evade attacks while diving at the bear's legs. Frosty and his 0.0001% body fat will assist by nimbly hopping from tree to tree, such that the bear has to contend with attacks from both above and below. The bear will quickly be overwhelmed by such a barrage and likely collapse in exhaustion.

3. Team Deoxys (Fragments and Pujo)
Despite the fact that I am also 5'6, my special ability comes from my unshakable belief that I can beat anything bigger than me and an incredible disregard for my own well-being. I will simply charge straight at the bear as it mumbles to itself, "who is this dumb fuck." As I have the bear confused, Pujo will utilize his superior French military tactics and surrender flank the bear and deliver a devastating roundhouse kick. By the time I catch up it will be an all-out assault and the bear will run in fear.

4. Team Hoopa (not a racist and Irpachuza)
Hoopas have stood the test of time, and with that they have great combat experience. Nate will likely be drunk for this fight meaning he will feel no pain the bear may inflict. In fact the bear may need a drink of his own after this one. Irpa and his advanced use of psychology will remind the bear of its childhood, relating its violent temperament back to issues with its mother. The bear will now be drunk and depressed, and will simply waddle off into the sunset to turn its life around.

5. Team Darkrai (Rage and Aquaa)
This is an interesting one, as Rage and Aqua have very different builds. Rage is built like Paul Bunyan and thus will confuse the bear into thinking it has found its long lost brother. The bear will let its guard down, and that's where Aqua steps in. Aqua's best weapon here is his smarts; he will stay perched in a tree and hurl rocks at the bear from a safe distance. When the bear looks up, Rage will hit a superman punch knocking the bear back into the 4th dimension.

6. Team Skymin (jasprose and Perish Song)
Unfortunately, these last 3 teams will all struggle mightily with the bear. Jasprose will procrastinate fighting the bear, as he does with all his assignments, and leave Perish to start the fight alone. Perish will proceed to question the bear on its knowledge of smogtours history. The bear hates smogtours. I do not blame the bear. The bear proceeds to eat Perish as jasprose finally realizes he's supposed to be in a battle. Luckily he is nimble and will be able to escape, as Perish will continue his rant from inside the bear's stomach.

7. Team Yveltal (pokeblade101 and Quoise)
While blade is a good friend of mine, he would do dreadful in this fight. His skills in computer science will not prove to be of much use, and he will likely choke this fight as he does his tour games (I still love you blade). Quoise will have to contend with the bear alone. I fear I do not know much about Quoise, but any 1v1 situation would surely favor the bear, thus ending Yveltal's season before it got a chance to begin.

8. Team Arcanine (RustySheriffBadge and MaswoodShaheb)
The not-actually-a-legendary team comes in last place here. Mas is a pure human being who does not believe in harming other life forms. Mas will run away from the fight before it even begins so that he does not have to hurt anyone. Rusty will attempt advanced jiu-jitsu techniques by rolling in for a heel hook, but unfortunately the bear is a black belt. Rusty never stood a chance, and the doggos are sent to the pound.

If you disagree with where you were ranked, please leave your complaints in my complaint box and I will be sure to promplty throw them out. Thank you for your time ladies and gents.

Edit: by special request I am officially adding A Cake Wearing A Hat and sharpclaw as special contestants on this power rankings. While they may not be managing, they are hosting the tour as a whole and deserve representation in this epic fight.

Cake's knack for odd food choices including parmesean on strawberries and pencils frozen in Dr. Pepper (ig that's not technically a food?), along with his vast experience in MS paint show off his creative ingenuity. As such, he will not fight the bear head on, but rather approach in a zig-zag pattern like a majestic gazelle in the sahara. The bear, not being able to predict his movement patterns, will suddenly hear another bear and call for help. But it is not another bear, it is sharp claw using his voice acting skills to mimic a bear. The bear turns back to see cake now flying through the air with a perfectly executed wheel kick. The bear is defeated.
there's a contradiction here, by running mas indirectly hurts rsb and mas is a loyal borker he'd never abandon rsb, he'll run and grab some snacks while rsb stalls. Mas will then return with said snacks and then befriend the bear being the pure sincere soul that he is. RSB survives and the bear teams up with him and mas to give the borkers victory in rbtt.

Predictions thread:

Team Combee: Solid team here. Wouldn't be surprised if they take it all.
Team Surskit: Hope I end up on this one. Love the managers, love the mascot, I feel good about it. Second place finish at least.
Teams Bunnelby/Slakoth: Look, I'm grouping these together. Are rabbits and sloths really that different? As far as animals go, they feel the closest to vegetables. If I were a hawk, I would probably go for rabbits and sloths. What are they gonna do? They just hop around and hang off trees. Cute though, so I give them a 17.54346346% chance of taking it all.
Team Cosmog: Cosmog's pretty cute. I would kiss it on the forehad.
Noibat: I once went to a cave. It was filled with guano. Wouldn't recommend caving.
Galarian Zigzagoon: I trust this mon. I look into its eyes and think, "this guy gets it." Still, it kind of looks like a zebra. I've always thought zebras look like horses with racecar decals. Nature is pretty crazy if you think about it.
Team Lotad: And who here has a better story than the humble Lotad? The lily pad on its head looks like a hat. I wear a hat too, to keep myself safe from sunburns. Based on this, I can assume they'll make good decisions.

Looking forward to a great CCC everyone!

Predictions thread:

Team Combee: Solid team here. Wouldn't be surprised if they take it all.
Team Surskit: Hope I end up on this one. Love the managers, love the mascot, I feel good about it. Second place finish at least.
Teams Bunnelby/Slakoth: Look, I'm grouping these together. Are rabbits and sloths really that different? As far as animals go, they feel the closest to vegetables. If I were a hawk, I would probably go for rabbits and sloths. What are they gonna do? They just hop around and hang off trees. Cute though, so I give them a 17.54346346% chance of taking it all.
Team Cosmog: Cosmog's pretty cute. I would kiss it on the forehad.
Noibat: I once went to a cave. It was filled with guano. Wouldn't recommend caving.
Galarian Zigzagoon: I trust this mon. I look into its eyes and think, "this guy gets it." Still, it kind of looks like a zebra. I've always thought zebras look like horses with racecar decals. Nature is pretty crazy if you think about it.
Team Lotad: And who here has a better story than the humble Lotad? The lily pad on its head looks like a hat. I wear a hat too, to keep myself safe from sunburns. Based on this, I can assume they'll make good decisions.

Looking forward to a great CCC everyone!
When I tell you that I let out an audible laugh when I realized what this was. Top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)