Tournament Random Battles Team Tournament VI - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roginald

Always Raining
RBTT Champion
Such a fun tour this year, for the first time I decided to not play within this tour despite my previous good records so that I could team with my good friend pokeblade101 for the first time, before this tour I promised him that I'd bring him his first RBTT win, and here we are! I've never done shoutouts before for any of my previous teams but this team truly deserves it.

pokeblade101 as promised here we are! I'm glad that if I wasn't playing I got to team with you for the first time, you played fantastically with a great record in my stead. Thank you so much for giving me so much freedom with drafting and trusting in me. You're up there for one of the most active co-managers I've had and it was truly a pleasure managing with you, forever the randbats goat.

Glop boy oh boy, my dear bubba. I initially picked you up as a veteran yveltal to get to enjoy hanging out with my Gen 3 homies, you and xgang, freeing you from gen3 prison because I knew how talented and diverse a player you are. Boy did you prove me right! A true carry of this team that will change how you're perceived forever in the randbats community showing that you're more than just a gen3 player, your record is astounding and I'm so proud of you! Thanks for being such a great team presence, you'll always be bubba to me :totodiLUL:

LordST I had my draft almost completely planned out, everything was going so smoothly, fast forward to round 6 where I suddenly notice you're still somehow in the pool and I'm spamming blade that we're taking you and I will take absolutely no objections. What a steal you were, you perform every RBTT, but the thing I appreciate most is that despite your talent, you were happy to flex to other formats for the good of the team and performed so admirably in mystery box in playoffs, I knew you were a stellar gen2 player even if you didn't admit it to me when gen2 came around :tyke: thanks so much for being the team player that you are!

Buhrito my hidden gem. Truthfully I had no idea who you were while planning our draft, pokeblade brought your name to my attention and vouched for your talent so I knew that we had to pick you up, we got you at incredible value and had people wondering who's that dude called 'Buhrito' but noone is wondering anymore! I knew you were a great player, but I didn't expect you to be such a cool person, you've integrated into the community so easily and I hope I'll have the pleasure of calling you a friend for a long time, thanks for the amount of effort you put in for us to get here!

Dj Breloominati♬ I know we had a bit of a wobble at moments and you didn't come out with the record that you wanted, but your team presence was fantastic and you never gave up hope or the desire to improve and come back stronger, you were still a core part of our victory and I hope we get to team again in the future

xGang my goat. Its the first year I haven't played against you and I'm sure when you signed up teaming with me was at the bottom of your expectations, but I knew that if I wasn't playing I wanted the player who I always felt rivalled me the most to play in my position, and that was you. The season didn't start out how you wanted nor even the practice games that we did find time to play, but out of nowhere you turned it around and pulled off a huge 6-3 record, I've always wanted to team with you and its no surprise that the first time we do, we come this far. I would absolutely love to team with you again one day!

nicomirra123 this ones a funny one because I'm not even sure you'll ever get to read it because you don't use smogon :totodiLUL: teaming with you has been such a refreshing experience, it felt like you never cared about losing or how our team was doing, you just wanted to play and enjoy the game. One of the nicest people I've ended up meeting on this site and a very talented player. I remember at the start I couldn't find you and panicking about missing a player for half of week 1, but in the end you earnt my trust to the point that even when I couldn't get a hold of you I knew I could rely on you to perform, thanks for just being yourself!

platinumCheesecake we all know what hackmons is like... but when we generate a team that can win, I always had absolute faith that you were a player I could rely on to pilot it home, your game discussion and discord activity was so nice to have and you were a true asset to our team environment, thank you for sticking through some of the rough times and staying strong to get us where we are!

kythr your rise on this site is something to behold, a ribbon, current spl finals, but most importantly this RBTT victory :psysly: I genuinely wish you the best of luck and I'm rooting for you to get the real trophy this same week! After a rough tour last year where you performed exceptionally, it meant a lot to me that you came to me directly and wanted to team with me again. Your matchups for the most part, to be blunt, were awful, but if we ever generated something that didn't autolose I knew you had the raw skill to win it for us. I've always considered you a good friend and I'd love to team with you again wherever that may be!

luisin LUIIII you've quickly risen to one of my favourite people on this site, not only an incredible player but such a kind person who I knew I could rely on whenever I needed you. I pushed hard for you to represent us in the tiebreak and you only did me proud for the entire tour. Almost everyone doubted us taking you in round 2 of the draft, but boy did you prove us right. The only reason I'm playing BSS WC is because of you, so I dedicate my good performance to you as well. I really hope that we get to stay friends and interact more in the future.

Memoric I came to you direct and asked you to sign up knowing I wanted you on my team from minute 1. I know we had a moment over some early forfeits, but even then I still trusted your judgements and appreciated you. You got some weird teams but managed to outperform your opponents nearly every single week, I would team with you again in a heartbeat and I appreciate your efforts for us in a format we all know you don't like. Forever the doubles goat.

Legendary we bounced you around a lot in the early weeks because our lineup was so strong, thank you for putting up with it and being such a great team player. I'm glad we got the opportunity to settle you down in a format you enjoy towards the end. You're a great player and I only wish you the best in future tournaments.

neycwang this was likely not how you expected the tour to go for you, I'm sorry that I didn't get the opportunity to play you more and that the games you did play didn't go your way, but I could always rely on you being there when I needed you even as a sub. Thank you for remaining positive and being there for us if we ever needed you, you really were still a great asset to the team.

Lucas2543 very similar to above, I'm sorry that we didn't get to play you more but we knew that we could depend on you whenever we needed, you're a great player and deserve this win no matter what happens within the tour!

Wubben I know you had a bit of imposter syndrome and your record didn't help, but I truly did pick you because I believed you were good enough and covered everything that we needed from the slot. You still managed to support us in the background and provide good energy throughout the whole tour and I'm genuinely happy to have had you on my team. Stay strong my friend and good times will come!

PrinceOfAllTacos just a very quick shoutout to my boy who I was so nearly able to get until stolen from me, I hope you still had a fun tour even though we wish we could have been on the same team!

Just a very quick shoutout to the hosts A Cake Wearing A Hat sharpclaw as there isnt much to add to what others before me have said, but you did a great job even when the deliberate spelling and formatting mistakes irked me :woo: I hope to see you around in future iterations of the tour!

Finally, thank you so much to the community and friends (especially Yung Professionals) who ended up supporting us in the end, it means a lot and I'm glad we were able to win it all, until next time! :boi:

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting such a cool tournament to the hosts. I made some decent contact with people who are really cool to vibe w/ like Hacker , Tuthur and others.
I only got the chance to play 2 sets (s/o Leru ^^) but this is for the better. My unfamilary with the tiers is not an excuse to my poor play and miserable execution in some Matchup where I definetly had a chance of winning.
I wish all my Teammates a bright future in random battles if they wish to continue in there and thanks for helping me in gen6randbats Lady Writer and thanks for helping me in gen8battlefactory Magmar54.

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
And with that, another thrilling RBTT season comes to a close! Thank you to ALL our players and managers, and of course a very warm congratulations Roginald, pokeblade101, and the entire Team Yveltal for taking home the very well-deserved #1 spot. (Kudos especially to blade, who helped lead Yveltal to the gold after 4-count-em-4 RBTTs! Casten'd, and edited, indeed.)

As others have said, special/additional thanks to Clementine, Irpachuza, and not a racist for helping make the CAs that made our players look so spiffy this year—and to my wonderful cohost A Cake Wearing A Hat, without whom I'd be in shambles. See you next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)