Pet Mod Random Dex

Clas

om majors 2nd place, in 0 om opens r3 (god gamer)
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey everyone!

We recently had a tournament held by Mossy Sandwich which helped us out regarding the state of the metagame, so I'd like to add my own thoughts. Hearing about the idea of adding new mons to the metagame to help balance it really interests me, so over time this will be intriguing to see what will change. Long post, though, there's a lot to talk about. Note that everything here is at least somewhat viable, and so is subject to both additions and removals.

Breakers / Sweepers
:Cloyster: - Yeah, this mon isn't okay. While I did find it difficult to find opportunities to set up at times, it still is stupid broken (it won me otherwise unwinnable games from being almost uncheckable). Once it sets up, you better hope your check is still healthy if you want to live. :Tapu-Fini: :Slowbro-Mega: | :Bisharp: all have the potential to defensively check it, but when they still have to deal with your other breakers you can easily overwhelm them before attempting to even sweep. Offensively, :Pidgeot-Mega: :Jolteon: :Heliolisk: (:Choice Scarf:) :Nihilego: (:choice-scarf:) are your most consistent answers, though the former two are only effective at stopping it from boosting. Even without boosts its threatening, so always answer it accordingly, if you can.
------​
:kommo-o: :kommonium-z: :throat-spray: - I feel bad for anyone on the receiving end after a boost from either of these. :Sylveon: :Tapu-Fini: are your best bets for :throat-spray:, but with :kommonium-z:, better answers are:Slowbro::Slowbro-Mega::slowking::Grimmsnarl: (Thunder Wave) are better for . However, :Kommo-o: is a mon that offers a lot of role compression, hence why I am directly listing sets that are bad and not the mon itself. Body Press Rocks sets are good, while :salac-berry: is a high-risk high-reward set that I honestly think is good for the meta as of right now.
------​
:Celesteela: - A unique cleaner in the metagame, it has the potential to completely blast open defences after they have been weakened. However, that's about it. Most special walls can deal with it if it's not at +2, and even the most bulky only face issues at +3. Snarl :Umbreon: is by far the best counter, though, completely walling Celesteela, and both :Jolteon: and :Heliolisk: shut it down offensively. Leech Seed sets are also quite good, but they don't differ much from usual play in Gen 8 tiers.
------​
:Nihilego: - One of the scariest cleaners in the tier, it has both the Special Attack and Speed to be a complete monster. :Power-herb: has immediate firepower, but lacks initial speed and usefulness outside the first attempt, while :choice-scarf: lacks immediate damage but quickly racks that up with every KO. Rock STAB being resisted by almost nothing viable is nice too. Apart from the Fairy-types, most viable special walls can usually stop this, but you're unlikely to have them be issues during a sweep.
------​
:ursaring: - Scary Guts / Quick Feet abuser with 210 / 315bp Facades, Close Combat and Crunch / Throat Chop. Also immune to Thunder Wave from :grimmsnarl:, so the best answer for Quick Feet (:toxic-orb:) is IMO :slowbro-mega: or :indeedee:, while Guts (:flame-orb:) is a mon that's faster with Close Combat (best being :kommo-o:)
------​
:absol-mega: - Really fun mon to use, though it really suffers from 4mss. SD for boosting, Knock for STAB and Sucker Punch for priority. However, its last move is the issue. Play Rough OHKOs :Kommo-o:, Iron Tail threatens :tapu-bulu:, and Close Combat OHKOs :Bisharp:. The issue is that you can only choose to beat one of these 3, which really hurts it overall. Solid breaker, but needs quite a bit of support.
------​
:bisharp: - About the same as regular use. Click SD and Knock, and use Sucker Punch and Iron Head when needed.
------​
:tapu-bulu: - Scariest :choice-band: breaker in the tier, and :rockium-z: can OHKO offensive :celesteela: at +2. If it doesn't resist a Wood Hammer, it dies. :choice-scarf: is too slow, don't use it.
------​
:camerupt-mega: - Not bad, but there are too many viable Water-types right now and generally :pidgeot-mega: is better. Is threatening, in Trick Room, however. :vaporeon: is by far the best counter, followed by :tapu-fini: and :heliolisk:.
------​
:indeedee: - This Pokémon alone can demand a Dark-type or :tapu-fini: on every team. Calm Mind sets are hard to beat after a boost, while :choice-scarf: can be a pain to predict and deal with, especially with its access to Trick.
------​
:scolipede: - This mon has the potential nearly every game to be super problematic. Whether it be an SD 3 attack set, SDtect, or even just a simple Protect :normalium-z: /:life-orb: set, this must be answered immediately every time. At +1 it even outspeeds the likes of :indeedee: :choice-scarf: with an Adamant nature, and with its respectable 100 Attack and decent coverage it can pick apart teams with ease.
------​
:typhlosion: - :choice-specs: Eruption hurts, and :choice-scarf: is useful for outspeeding everything up to a boosted Adamant :cloyster:. In theory :heavy-duty-boots: could work, but the loss of either choice items really hurts it.

Walls / Support
:Umbreon: - yeah im letting the screenshot do the talking for me.
(:choice-scarf: + 0 SpA boots)
Volt-Turn hurts it (like almost every wall) but any special sweeper without powerful coverage for it dislikes this mon, and for good reason. Crediting Kha here, since they were the one that showed me really how bulky this is.
------​
:Sylveon: - Very similar to Umbreon, but loses out on the physical bulk for SpA. Mystical Fire is generally more useful than Snarl for reducing SpA, though, and STAB 108BP Hyper Voice is always nice. :kommo-o: can hit this hard with either Physical or Special sets, so be aware when attempting to switch into Clangorous Soulblaze.
------​
:vaporeon: - Best cleric in the metagame, Scald to burn, Wishtect tech, Flip Turn for safe pivots and 130 / 60 / 95 bulk. Beware of :heliolisk:, though.
------​
:tapu-fini: - One of the best defoggers in the tier with Taunt and Fairy coverage for :kommo-o:. Also can check a boosted :cloyster: that isn't behind Light Screen.
------​
:slowbro: :slowbro-mega: :slowking: - They all are very similar in role, purely changing on which defensive stat you need more. :slowbro: :slowbro-mega: beats :cloyster: :kommo-o: (:kommonium-z:), while :slowking: beats :kommo-o: (:throat-spray:) :nihilego: (:choice-scarf:).
------​
:mandibuzz: - Wasn't seen much as far as I'm aware, but the one match I faced it, it gave me a bit of trouble. Foul Play scares off most physical attackers, U-turn is always nice, and Defog helps in most matchups (especially since defoggers are less common).
------​
:Kommo-o: (:leftovers:) - Defensive Kommo-o is in my opinion the best Stealth Rock setter right now. STAB boosted Body Press coming off of a huge 125 defence and great typing for the meta along with Soundproof to stop opposing :kommo-o: Clangorous Soulblaze and all :throat-spray: sets makes other competition need great reasoning for being brought over this if it is not used offensively. :tapu-fini: is the best at stopping this mon thanks to its typing along with Misty Terrain, but :grimmsnarl: :sylveon: and Play Rough :absol-mega: can also get the job done.
------​
:palossand: - Being the only decent Ground-type wall, it's niche is absorbing Volt Switches from :Jolteon: and :heliolisk:. HP Ice doesn't 2HKO from :jolteon:, but a surf from :heliolisk: will 2HKO given the opportunity to do so. Having Stealth Rock with reliable recovery is always a plus, too.
------​
:Grimmsnarl: - Somehow this manages to be the most consistent way to shut down a sweeper, even if it goes down in the process. :Indeedee: doesn't get threatened, but every other thing does, so preserve this if you can after setting up screens!
------​
:Galvantula: - Cool mon, not too much hazard control going on so Webs are quite strong. Never used it though, so I can't say if it's any better than :grimmsnarl:.

Pivots
:Jolteon: :Heliolisk: - These two are scary. Jolteon has more speed while Heliolisk has Normal STAB, hitting :lanturn: much harder. Jolteon also has a really nice Electric immunity, while Heliolisk has Dry Skin for more Water-type bullying (even forcing unsafe switches from :vaporeon:). Both also pair nicely with :pidgeot-mega:.
------​
:pidgeot-mega: - Infinite accuracy Hurricane with only 1 good Rock type and 2 Steel Types that both dislike Heat Wave. Bring Roost and a :jolteon: or :heliolisk: and you're set.
------​
:flygon: - Not too amazing with how common :tapu-bulu: is right now, but nonetheless is a great way to deal with the fast-paced nature of Volt-turn cores. Also threatens :lanturn: for :jolteon: to then clean with :pidgeot-mega:
------​
:lanturn: - Its only role is to shut down :jolteon: :pidgeot-mega: Volt-turn cores, and it does it well. Volt Switch out on a predicted switch. :Flygon: does live an Ice Beam, however, so don't risk an Earthquake to attempt to OHKO back.
------​
:eelektross: - :assault-vest: sets can switch into a +1 Meteor Beam from :celesteela: and 1v1 it from full. Decent pivot otherwise with middling damage and U-Turn access. Can also act as a Ground resist, for the 3 times that will be helpful.
------​
:Incineroar: - Decent Fire-type with Intimidate and Parting Shot / U-Turn to annoy Physical Attackers. Little use past that.

Bad Mons
:beartic: :aurorus: - Sadly, a smaller metagame was not enough to make these two viable. :Aurorus: lacks proper recovery and the ability to pivot, and :beartic: is just too slow, not even being able to outspeed a +1 :kommo-o: in Hail.
------​
:probopass: - Even if it had a good niche, :Kommo-o: would do it better. Magnet Pull can threaten :celesteela: at least, but even that isn't super commonly brought.
------​
:articuno: - This mon has potential, but there are too many viable counters to this with the most obvious being :cloyster: and :nihilego:. Also, it is pitifully weak to Volt-Turn.

That should cover everything! Edits will be made over time, should mons or sets crop up. Really excited to see how the rest of the metagame will develop, especially since the last tour.

Nothing so far, but :Tauros: and :Sceptile-mega: summaries soon!

Last edited:
I have a question: why is my team rejected "because its Pokémon are not among those tolerated in the meta," when it is composed of scolipede, flygon, eelektross, nihilego, mandibuzz and flapple? Is this a bug?

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
I have a question: why is my team rejected "because its Pokémon are not among those tolerated in the meta," when it is composed of scolipede, flygon, eelektross, nihilego, mandibuzz and flapple? Is this a bug?
Yup, the current version on showdown follows the old banlist because of an implementation error. The issue is being worked on :blobthumbsup:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Hey everyone! It's been three days so here are the poll results.

1. Which Option would you prefer to add more Pokémon to the metagame?
4 of the 12 people who answered the poll preferred to add them in slate while the 8 remaining others prefer adding them at random. As such, a new batch of random pokemon will be released at a later time.
Capture d’écran 2022-01-07 à 00.50.35.png

2. How many Pokémon do you think should be added?
5 of the 12 people who answered the poll preferred to add around 5 pokemon to the meta, 7 wanted to add around 5 and no one wanted to add over 20. As such, 10 evolution lines will be added to the metagame.
Capture d’écran 2022-01-07 à 00.53.37.png

3. When should the new Pokémon be added?
7 of the 12 people who answered wanted the new Pokémon to be added before any bans while the remaining 5 preferred to do it after other bans. This means the new Pokémon will be added first to see if they can help balance out other unbalanced Pokémon in the current meta.
Capture d’écran 2022-01-07 à 00.54.25.png

4. What would you like to see added to the meta?
Most people would like to see some options to deal with the current sweepers and wallbreakers of the tier, especially bulky Steel and Ground types. In general, it seems that the format's walls are underwhelming, especially physical walls, and there should be more of them.

Expect the new batch of mons to come out pretty soon. They will hopefully be out early enough so that they can be added to Showdown before the format gets updated to Random Dex 2. For players who want to play the updated Random Dex, the Dragon Heaven Server is hosting it. Make sure to also join the Discord Server to ask for a game and to discuss other things!

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
UUPL Champion
Alright, we've decided on how the new pokémon are going to be added. I'm going to present 4 sets of 10 mons and this thread will be open for discussion about each of these sets for 3 days. After those 3 days are up, voting will open for the next 3 days, where each user can vote for their favorite set and the one with the most votes will win. If you still don't understand, you can check out Roulettemons which is the mod that inspired this structure. Anyways, with that said, here are the sets.

:drapion:Drapion
:dustox:Dustox (Note: Comes with :beautifly: Beautifly)
:farfetchFarfetch'd
:hawlucha:Hawlucha
:kingdra:Kingdra
:moltres:Moltres
:muk:Muk
:snorlax:Snorlax
:stunfisk:Stunfisk
:xatu:Xatu

:azumarill:Azumarill
:carracosta:Carracosta
:delcatty:Delcatty
:grapploct:Grapploct
:meowstic:Meowstic (Note: Both :meowstic:Meowstic-Male and :meowstic-f:Meowstic-Female are included)
:politoed:Politoed (Note: Comes with :poliwrath:Poliwrath)
:regigigas:Regigigas
:regirock:Regirock
:toxapex:Toxapex
:vivillon:Vivillon

:araquanid:Araquanid
:barraskewda:Barraskewda
:braviary:Braviary
:druddigon:Druddigon
:exeggutor:Exeggutor
:necrozma:Necrozma
:reuniclus:Reuniclus
:rampardos:Rampardos
:skarmory:Skarmory
:weezing-galar:Weezing-Galar

:bronzong:Bronzong
:dracozolt:Dracozolt
:escavalier:Escavalier
:glalie:Glalie (Note: Comes with :glalie-mega:Mega-Glalie)
:lurantis:Lurantis
:mantine:Mantine
:miltank:Miltank
:raticate:Raticate
:slurpuff:Slurpuff
:zeraora:Zeraora

Discussion on all of these begins now!

Ema Skye

Work!
Kinda leaning towards Set 4 initially as it gives us two Steels as well as introducing webs to the format. That said, it does give us two more Electric breakers which I really don't think we need anymore of.

Kinda sad that Stunfisk is the only Ground that was generated and we really need more Grounds.

Forgive me for any poor takes; I've barely played the tier so this is mostly theorymonning on my part. Anyway,

Set 1 is definitely the safest set. The only mons of note here are Xatu (the second magic bouncer. probably competes with Espeon), Hawlucha (extremely dangerous with three terrain setters in the meta. probably banworthy), Snorlax (generally strong mon, though it competes pretty hard with Tauros), and an honorable mention to Stunfisk for being literally the only Ground type generated in any set. However, this doesn't really solve any of the problems we set out to fix by generating more mons, it just adds more fluff. So, I'm going to say Set 1 is definitely not the right answer.

Set 2 adds Pex.

Ok but seriously, Toxapex flips the entire defensive meta on its head. Yes, it gives us a generally splashable fatmon to help check the current offensive cores, but at what cost? Everyone and their mother will be running Pex. In fact, you'll be actively shooting yourself in the foot by not running Pex, since it is the single best mon in the tier at what it does (though arguably Slowbro and Fini have their own values that may serve a team better, but overall Toxapex is just better). And if that wasn't hard enough, Set 2 also adds a pretty ridiculous amount of tools for rain teams, with a setter in Politoed (the only weather setter in the meta besides Aurorus, who has proven to be ineffective), and multiple Swift Swim abusers in Poliwrath and Carracosta (lol!), as well as Azumarill, of all things. Put that together with preexisting mons such as Cloyster, Ludicolo, and Goodra, and you can be certain that rain will absolutely dominate the meta. I do not at all recommend Set 2.

Set 3 is a bit better, with some notable additions being Barraskewda (what are you doing in here? you're a set late!), Reuniclus, Necrozma (maybe?), and most importantly, Skarmory. This is basically the Pex situation but less, where Skarmory will again be on the vast majority of competitive teams, but at least here the only mon it's putting out of a job is defensive Celesteela. This is definitely the most balanced set so far, but you have to ask yourself if you really want a Skarm meta before choosing Set 3. Oh also Skarm loses to like, every Electric. Woohoo!

Set 4 has Zeraora and Dracozolt. They are banned. No shot they stay legal, considering the tier's Grounds. Beyond those, Set 4 adds some pretty nice mons, including Mantine (Ice neutrality is yikes though), Bronzong, Slurpuff (BellyBurden go brrrrr (also we already have Galvantula which is usually better at setting webs, so that's a non-issue)), and possibly Escavalier. This set doesn't solve every problem the tier has, and certain mons like Cloyster will probably have to be banned, but it certainly brings a good number of viable tools to the table, and is probably my personal favorite.

Will be looking forward to reading others' thoughts on the sets, and to see where this takes us!

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
you can check out Roulettemons
holy crap what a sick mod i totally will check it out

Anyways....

Set 1 - Wurmple line and Farfetch'd are completely worthless, Drapion and Muk do not look particularly useful, and Hawlucha looks pretty insane. Better run Physdef Celesteela and you better keep it real healthy or else you're in real trouble if that thing sets up, which it will. Offense is already super good and I don't think it needs this kind of boost. That leaves Snorlax, Kingdra, Moltres, Stunfisk, and Xatu. Snorlax and Kingdra might both have boosting sets, but each have their own set of problems that will likely hold them back that I won't get into. Moltres looks viable, nice wallbreaker that gets halted by Lanturn, Fini, and Slowking, but it can still make progress against the former two even if it needs Scorching Sands for Lanturn. Stunfisk looks super cool for a format like this, it's marginally bulkier than Lanturn and can set Rocks even if it does a slightly worse job checking what it would need to + Lanturn does Scald better. Cool mon but I don't know if we want something so similar to Lanturn. Xatu completely blocks off Rocks Kommo but does not come in on Bisharp, Nihilego, or really any other potential hazard setter minus Scolipede or like...Corsola-G which is kinda lol.

Set 2 - Delcatty, Meowstic, Grapploct, Regigigas have no chance here. Politoed is the most interesting one here, Rain will probably be good at worst since it has Ludicolo, Crawdaunt and potentially Poliwrath as well now. Not much here really wants to come in on Water (Rain boosted) + Grass + Ice coverage, Crawdaunt do Crawdaunt stuff, and Politoed also has pretty good stats as a secondary Rain abuser. Carracosta also has Swift Swim and Shell Smash but is slow unless both are active, has weird coverage, and it might be difficult to set up. Regirock might be a decent physically fat mon Rocks setter but loses to Bisharp under any chip, loses to Bulu outright and can be lured out by Hydro Pump Cloyster. Cool but probably not very good. Toxapex is definitely viable, might be borderline but I think it'd depend on how easy Toxapex + Lanturn would be to break, but the last thing we need is more options for bulky Waters regardless. We have like 45 that are good let's not add another. Also completely bodies Rain though so that's fun, just be careful around Crawdaunt. Azu is Azu. Vivillon might be too difficult to set up and will still lose to Celesteela, gets answered by Fini and hates this meta's Scarfers with a passion.

Set 3 - Rampardos, Exeggutor, Braviary all probably bad. Araquanid is a Webs setter with more defensive utility than Galvantula, has at least something to dent all of our Waters even if not break them so it might be decent in its own right. Barraskewda is big strong fish, gives another thing naturally faster than Jolteon but it just Flip Turns on like everything except for Vaporeon. This breaks Lanturn and Sylveon, I don't think VoltTurn needs another boost on this level. Druddigon is probably just outright worse than defensive Kommo-o. Necrozma and Reuniclus are two boosting options, don't really have enough experience with these two to say anything, idk man it's 1 AM and I don't know why all of my big posts lately have been done this late at night. Skarmory looks like the great answer to Bisharp and Tapu Bulu we've all been waiting for, a really cool alternative to Celesteela and probably the Pokemon I'm happiest to see thus far. Weezing-G could potentially be pretty cool, it checks Tapu Bulu and can Defog or set TSpikes while threatening a bunch of stuff through Poison/Fairy/Fire coverage, even if its Sp. Atk stat could be better. The Waters its coverage does worst against tend to struggle the most against TSpikes so that's really cool. Not something we need but definitely a fun addition.

Set 4 - Glalie, Lurantis, Raticate, Escavalier, Miltank are all unlikely to have a role. Bronzong might be the somewhat convincing answer to Cloyster that we've been looking for, also checks a bunch of other various stuff too. Really cool mon as well. Dracozolt in a meta without Grounds sounds awful, if you didn't think Lanturn was mandatory before then it sure as heck is now. Then the thing clicks Dragon Claw and you die. We do not need another bulky Water, Mantine does not do much for me here. Slurpuff's Belly Drum sets will boost Hyper Offense more which I do not like and it seems pretty difficult to challenge once it's boosted. Zeraora is Jolteon on crack.

Being honest this is a little disappointing, although I'm positive that it's because I came into this with too high of hopes. What the meta needs is pretty specific and I doubt RNG would be able to give us anything to perfectly suit this meta. Set 3 is probably the best here, I really like Skarmory and Weezing-G and Araquanid is pretty cool too, even if I'm unsure about the Psychics and definitely don't like Barraskewda here. I would honestly be sold if it had a decent Electric immunity.

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Set 1:
:hawlucha: - Pretty scary mon if it gets up an SD after popping a terrain seed, potentially banworthy?
:moltres::xatu: - Two interesting defensive Flyings that bring some more hazard control into the meta.
:snorlax: - Probably strong here given that we have relatively few Normal switchins going around.
:stunfisk: - Worth mentioning for being a new Electric-immune mon with SR and a decent offensive typing here, though it’s still a Stunfisk.

The bad ones: :drapion::dustox::farfetch’d::kingdra::muk:

Set 2:
:toxapex: - Holy shit lmao, get this thing outta here.
:azumarill: - Very strong sweeper, we all know what it does.
:politoed::carracosta: - There’s also Poliwrath, Ludicolo, Daunt, Jolteon, Heliolisk… that’s a lotta rain mons. Seems like a fun archetype.

The bad ones: :delcatty::grapploct::meowstic::regigigas::regirock::vivillon:

Set 3:
:skarmory: - Many threats rely on our Steels’ lack of recovery to chip them down, so I’d expect this mon to warp the meta around it.
:necrozma::reuniclus: - Two great offensive Psychics, should be fun additions for offensive and defensive builds respectively.
:barraskewda: - New fastest base form in the format, can Flip Turn on nearly anything or fire off attacks. Kinda annoying tbh.
:weezing-galar: - Pairs well with Wish Vaporeon and annoys mons like Kommo-o and Scept and Tauros, decent addition.
:druddigon: - Classic HO lead and probably takes over Kommo-o’s Dragon-type Rocker role once it’s (hopefully) banned.

The bad ones: :araquanid::braviary::exeggutor::rampardos:

Set 4:
:zeraora::dracozolt: - Oh hey look, Electric immunities! Except these are both banned for sure, they‘re super oppressive offensively.
:bronzong::escavalier: - Two strong Steels that are distinct from each other and our current ones, very welcome additions.
:glalie: - Base is bad but mega looks super fun given how great Ice is offensively rn, even with the new Steels annoying it.
:mantine: - A fun special wall and Defogger that seems distinct enough from our other bulky waters to be worth considering.
:miltank: - Physically bulky Rocker with recovery, definitely a unique addition to our defensive options.
:slurpuff: - With so few Fairy resists, BDrum sets seem super fun here.

The bad ones: :lurantis::raticate:

Overall I’m definitely voting for Set 4, as it offers some great additions on the defensive side of things without drastically changing the feel of the meta like Skarm or Pex would, in addition to a unique new mega and a funny setup sweeper.

Last edited:

Clas

om majors 2nd place, in 0 om opens r3 (god gamer)
is a Tiering Contributor
gonna vote set 4 -> set 3 personally. other 2 are terrible. id prefer complementary additions rather than meta-defining ones like skarm and reuni and so (with :zeraora: :dracozolt: quickbanned ofc) feel like set 4 is overall better. if set 4 ends up having less votes than set 1/2 somehow, add mine to set 3 if thats legal

Last edited:

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
Set 3 is the best. Reu, Necrozma, skarm and gweez are all fun for this meta. AV reuniclus and cm acid armor stored power, necrozma running one of its million sets, skarm saves thr mrta from phys mons destroying all, gweez is just fun and its able to stop kommo well. Voting for 3.

I agree with Set 4 for the reasons others mentioned; the Electrics need to be banned (I don't think either of them... have counters? other than Mega Sceptile for Zeraora, but that needs to stay healthy to avoid getting killed by Play Rough and even then Zera players can invest in HP to avoid the Leaf Storm OHKO) and after that you have a fun Set with a lot of unique stuff like MGlalie and Slurpuff, along with two Steels.

Set 3 is also good sans Skarmory; but I really don't want Skarmory since it just replaces Celesteela and puts itself on every team, whereas with Set 4, Bronzong coexists along Celes as two good but not overcentralizing Steels, and you could run either or neither of them depending on your team comp. It also has a better matchup against Kommo-o and Cloyster than Skarmory does, though both of them have a rough time and aren't solid checks to either once they're boosted.

I'm leaning towards set 4 definitely not because I'm partial to Mantine :Mantine: or anything...

In all seriousness, I think I'm beating a dead horse with my thought that set 2 is ludicrous with Pex and the rain additions. The one thing I'll add is that I prefer set 1 to set 3. Stunfisk :Stunfisk: would be a fantastic addition to the meta, as a ground type that can help deal with some of the crazy Jolteons and Galvantulas running amok. Sorry for the short thoughts, that's about it, enjoy!

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
UUPL Champion
Three days have passed so voting is now open. Each user can vote for one set to add to the format. In three days, I will close voting and the set with the most votes will win and the mons that are part of it will be added to the metagame. I will also abstain from voting in case a tiebreak is necessary.

I do really think that Skarm-less Set 3 edges out the others in fun factor, but I ain’t looking to play in a Skarmory meta.

Voting for Set 4.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Set Three.

Its the best by a far margin, doesnt require extra bans, pound for pound has the most wholesome additions to the meta. Anyone who thinks Skarmory will "replace" Celesteela clearly has been living in a deep dark ditch for the past 7 years of competitive Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)