[RarelyUsed] A stall team~

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hello there ^^. This is my first RMT for an RU stall team I've been using. I've been doing fairly well with this team, not exactly a record though :P
Uxie

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: HP 126 / 126 Def / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

In this specific team, Uxie is used as a special wall capable of setting up stealth rocks and paralyzing the opponent. Uxie can use calm mind to boost its already high SAtk and SDef to sky high levels. Uxie can sweep with psychic, KO'ing almost half of the meta with a +3 Psychic. It works great with Alvalugg, being dual tanks.

Meloetta

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 148 SAtk / 108 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Brick Break
- Psychic
- Work Up

I recently added Meloetta to my team, finding that i needed a mixed attacker. Brick break works with its fighting forme, with work up boosting both its attack and special attack.

Sigilyph

Sigilyph @ flame orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Stored Power

The main staller on my team, it can sweep with stored power after cosmic power. It can withstand next to any attack in the meta, with a critical hit being the only way to breach its defenses. I've been using this set since late gen 5 RU, and i've seen less and less users of it in this gen. This 'mon is probably the strongest on the team.

Rotom-Mow

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Used as my starter, Rotom-Mow's outstanding speed paired with a choice scarf becomes an excellent scarf tricker, paired with a special attacker. Volt switch can get it out of any tough situation, and leaf storm to KO ground types that would normally KO it. I personally run HP fire to get rid of the occasional ice type.

Dragonair

Dragonair @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Tail
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

A simple physical attacker, Dragonair gets its roots from the common OU dragonite set. The only difference is the eviolite replacing the lum berry, adding slight bulk to the pokemon. Dragonair proves a viable attacker in the meta, just as its OU counterpart.

Avalugg (Sorry, no picture :/)
Avalugg @ leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Mirror Coat
- Gyro Ball
- Avalanche

Another new addition to my team, Alvalugg is my physical wall. It's sky-high attack and defense higher than deoxys-d make for a bulky physical attacker, and it's minimal speed create a decent rapid spinner and gyro-baller. I run mirror-coat and sturdy for special attackers, dealing with its low Special Defense. I was choosing between a shell bell and leftovers for the item, and i turned to leftovers because of the constant HP increase.

Thank you for looking over my team ^^

Raw Paste Data
Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: HP 126 / 126 Def / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 148 SAtk / 108 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Brick Break
- Psychic
- Work Up

Sigilyph @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Stored Power

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Dragonair @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Tail
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Mirror Coat
- Gyro Ball
- Avalanche

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Pretty solid team! However it might be countered by fast knock off users like leipard. I would give it a solid 7.5/10

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Pretty solid team! However it might be countered by fast knock off users like leipard. I would give it a solid 7.5/10
I'm a fairly new RU player, and I have noticed that this team over-relies on items... One of my main counters for Liepard is Meloetta, but I'll look into fitting a few more on the team.

This team is so knock off, dark, ghost, and ice weak it is not even funny. Stall or Balance relies on both defensive and offensive synergy to try to beat an opposing team, and yours has neither. On top of this, you aren't even stall, as really barely any of your mons are actually walls.

In order to deal with your most prevalant weakness, I would replace Meloetta with Defensive Cobalion, who can pivot into incoming Knock Offs and Ice Attacks while forcing out the pokemon. It acts as a key glue on your team, being able to offer volt switch to pivot, while two powerful STABs to deal with the previously mentioned types which screw with your team.

The next thing I see is that you need recovery, and that you lack a fire resist outside of Dragonair. For this reason I reccomend Pivot Alomomola over Avalugg. Both great physical walls, Alomomola can pass wishes to allies, and also has better mixed bulk, letting it also take advantage of its fire resist to come in and take a chance to pass a wish. It also has access to Regenerator, again letting it more reliably pass wishes.

Minor Changes:
Uxie: Toxic > Thunder Wave, U-Turn > Calm Mind, EV Spread should be 252 HP / 152 SDef / 104 Spe. Firstly, Toxic lets you wear down opponents while walling them, and to stall residual damage is key to success. U-Turn lets you pivot and gain momentum, since CM Sucks on utility Uxie, especially since you are monoattacking and completely walled by Dark and Steel types. The EV Spread lets you outspeed a bunch of shit like Jolly Emboar and check them.
Dragonair: Rest > Dragon Tail, as dragon tail is useless with Dragon Dance, as you completely throw your speed boosts out the window, and phazing is the last thing a DD user needs to be doing. Instead, rest can be used with Shed Skin to offer you recovery to set up more. 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD should be used to allow you to setup further.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Spd / 208 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Iron Head / Hidden Power [Ice]

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SDef
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

berry

what kind
This team is so knock off, dark, ghost, and ice weak it is not even funny. Stall or Balance relies on both defensive and offensive synergy to try to beat an opposing team, and yours has neither. On top of this, you aren't even stall, as really barely any of your mons are actually walls.

In order to deal with your most prevalant weakness, I would replace Meloetta with Defensive Cobalion, who can pivot into incoming Knock Offs and Ice Attacks while forcing out the pokemon. It acts as a key glue on your team, being able to offer volt switch to pivot, while two powerful STABs to deal with the previously mentioned types which screw with your team.

The next thing I see is that you need recovery, and that you lack a fire resist outside of Dragonair. For this reason I reccomend Pivot Alomomola over Avalugg. Both great physical walls, Alomomola can pass wishes to allies, and also has better mixed bulk, letting it also take advantage of its fire resist to come in and take a chance to pass a wish. It also has access to Regenerator, again letting it more reliably pass wishes.

Minor Changes:
Uxie: Toxic > Thunder Wave, U-Turn > Calm Mind, EV Spread should be 252 HP / 152 SDef / 104 Spe. Firstly, Toxic lets you wear down opponents while walling them, and to stall residual damage is key to success. U-Turn lets you pivot and gain momentum, since CM Sucks on utility Uxie, especially since you are monoattacking and completely walled by Dark and Steel types. The EV Spread lets you outspeed a bunch of shit like Jolly Emboar and check them.
Dragonair: Rest > Dragon Tail, as dragon tail is useless with Dragon Dance, as you completely throw your speed boosts out the window, and phazing is the last thing a DD user needs to be doing. Instead, rest can be used with Shed Skin to offer you recovery to set up more. 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD should be used to allow you to setup further.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Spd / 208 Def
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Iron Head / Hidden Power [Ice]

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SDef
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
Alright, Thank you ^^ . Changes made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)