Tournament RarelyUsed Ladder Tournament - Cycle 1

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Cycle 1 of RarelyUsed's Ladder Tournament. This is the first of 4 opportunities to qualify for the RULT playoffs, a 16-player Bo3 SS RU tournament. This tournament does not count for points in the RU Tournament Circuit, but the winner will be awarded a custom role in the RU Discord or a similar prize [tbd].

Please make sure to read the rules of the tournament carefully. If your sign-up post does not follow the rules explained below, it will be ignored.
This Cycle will run for 7 days and will end Monday, August 10th at 2:00 PM EDT (GMT-4).

Here are the specifics:
1. The host of this tournament is Expulso. We will be using the regular Pokemon Showdown SS RU ladder for this tournament.

2. The qualification period for the RULT will run for a total of 4 cycles with roughly 7 days per cycle. The start times of each cycle will be staggered so it is fair for all timezones. After each 7 day cycle, the top 4 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO*) at the end of the cycle will qualify for the playoffs of the RULT (as long as they follow the sign-up criteria explained in #3 below).
*GXE will be used as a tiebreaker between players with identical ELO

We are currently in Cycle 1, which means that after 7 days [ending on Monday, August 10th at 2:00 PM EDT (GMT-4).], the top 4 accounts that signed up for this tournament following the proper sign-up criteria explained in #3 below will be qualified for the eventual playoffs of the RULT.

3. In order to sign-up for Cycle 1 of the RULT, FOLLOW THE SIGN-UP FORMAT BELOW AND REGISTER YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT ON POKEMON SHOWDOWN:

[RULT1qm] ForumNameHere
- "ForumNameHere" = your forum name.
You are only allowed one alt per cycle, which must follow this format.

Here's an example sign-up post for you all to follow:
Forum name: Expulso
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Expulso
Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes
- YOU MUST SIGN UP IN THIS THREAD WITH YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT BEFORE STARTING BATTLES WITH IT.
- You will not be allowed to edit this alt after you include it in your initial sign-up for any given cycle
this means that if I make the account "RULT1qm Expulso" and then start off 0-6 (or something similarly bad) on the ladder, I CANNOT EDIT my original post to register the account "RULT1qm Exp" and use that instead.​
- once you make a post here, the username you provide is your account for the whole cycle.

Immediately after posting in this thread (immediately!!), go to Pokemon Showdown and register that account. We've had to deal with people who got their account registered by someone else because they were unprotected, so this protects you from getting your account stolen/sniped.

4. Once you make the top 4 and qualify (which requires being in the top 4 at the end of the cycle), you’re qualified for playoffs. You are allowed to ladder in a different cycle, but this provides no advantage beyond a higher seed.

5. Given that this is a ladder tournament, many of you are likely thinking there are ways people can cheat the system. Any person found cheating will be subject to strict punishments.

"Cheating" includes but is not limited to:
- Forfeiting games to a friend to boost their ELO (or having them do it for you)
- Making multiple accounts to play against yourself on ladder and boost your rating
These rules will be carefully monitored, and anyone violating them will be subject to strict punishments.

Good luck to everyone! Please make sure to read the rules of the tournament carefully. If your sign-up post does not follow the rules explained above, it will be ignored. This Cycle will run for 7 days, beginning at the time this thread was posted. It will end on Monday, August 10th at 2:00 PM EDT (GMT-4).

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Forum name: Mac3
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Mac3
Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

Last edited:

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Forum name: Heracross2.0
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Heracross2.0

Edit: On Showdown, it shows up as RULT1qmHeracross20. There shouldn't be any problem because they're similar but I just wanted to make sure.

Last edited:
Forum Name: Turbosmurf
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Turbosmurf

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Forum name: RahelGamer03
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Rahel

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Forum name: RU Dark Dreamer Luna
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Luna

Forum name: Asuno
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Suno

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)