Rate My BattleT. Team

@Soul Dew
Timid Nature
224Speed/176SpAttack/112HP
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Surf

My opener. Hits a lot of stuff for SE and his stats are amazing.
With this stats: 329/x/196/340/256/334 and the x1.5 Spdef and SpA boost by the item what makes his SpA 509 and his Spdef 384 he is a lot better than the Modest Starmie i first used whit this stats: 261/x/223/328/223/329.
This Latios can outspeed the Jolly Garchomp which Starmie can't. Latios also takes the Fire and Ground hits which are fired on Metagross.

When The Soul Dew doesnt work in the BT i go for max SpA on Latios.

@Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252Speed/252Attack/4HP
-Bullet Punch
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

An nice sturdy pokemon with decent stats.
He's on my team to take the Ice/Dragon attacks which are fired on my 2 Dragon pokemon. He also takes the Weavile with a OHKO by Bulletpunch so Weavile can't ruine my fun.
Metagross isn't fast but it but with the Jolly nature it outspeeds a lot of pokemon in the tower. Maybe i could replace Earthquake for Hammer Arm?

@Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
252Attack/160HP/96Speed
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Aerial Ace

Garchomp outspeeds whit this set almost anything in the tower. Put opponents down whit his 2 strong STAB attacks. I put AA on him for al that annoying DT pokemon ('Specially Ludicolo). He can take the Ground and Fire moves away from Metagross. Whit his amazing high stats and the 160 HP EV's he can take hits like a champ. Stole this from Jumpman.

actually this RMT forum is for competitive 6 pokes teams so this thread will get locked. try the battle tower threads in the main stark forum.

Cant find that. But i see a lot of battle tower teams get rated so we'll see.

Edit/ There arent special topics to rate your BT team so i think this is the best place for it. Otherwise, a mod could move it to the right place =).

haunter

Banned deucer.
Two pokemons with the same weaknesses is very risky.. Also, I'm quite sure soul dew doesn't boost lati@s stats in the BT..

haunter

Banned deucer.
Try here for Battle Tower Teams:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29425

Haunterfan: With a combination of 3 pokemon, you're down to a small selection of teams that actually have no double weaknesses... And besides, Latios on Soul Dew can take quite a few Ice Beams. Perhaps a Recover instead of Psychic to make it somewhat more sturdy.
I don't think that having two dragons on the same team is a good idea.. Every bulky water will give him troubles. About soul dew, as stated before, it doesn't work in the BT so latios can't benefit of the special defence\special attack boost..

I know. But can anyone tell me if the Soul Dew work in the BT..

That topic is to show your team, not to rate.
While it may not have been it's original intention, it seems there are teams being rated/improved/critiqued on the later pages. You sure can try.

I don't think that having two dragons on the same team is a good idea.. Every bulky water will give him troubles. About soul dew, as stated before, it doesn't work in the BT so latios can't benefit of the special defence\special attack boost..
No Bulky Water likes the mention of Grass Knot and/or Thunderbolt. Both of which Latios can learn.
Latios has an enormously diverse movepool, for the Battle tower, a small list of useable, offensive moves:
Psychic
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot
Surf

Out of these, I'd say:

Dragon Pulse
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Filler/Recover, or even Calm Mind

Even without Soul Dew, Latios can wreak havoc, give it leftovers and it's still a fierce Special Tank with amazing Speed and Special Attack.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I'm not saying Latios isn't a good pokemon.. I'm just saying that I wouldn't use both it and Garchomp on the same team... Anyway, with neutral nature and no sp.def evs I wouldn't define Latios a special wall... and also super-effective thunderbolts-grass knots will fail to 2HKO some bulky waters (read lapras, vaporeon). Just pointing that because I use a similar Latios in my BT team.

Vaporeon 3HKO's back with Ice beam though, Latios can easily calm mind up on it. Lapras doesn't even 3HKO with leftovers. Both versions are easily dispatched of with Recover+Calm Mind.

Mind you, this is without Soul Dew and with the spread posted above.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Yes, but he doesn't run neither calm mind nor recover.. Anyway I suppose your calculation are wrong because a neutral natured lapras will almost always 2hko even with no special attack evs doing 51.37% - 60.49% to a 112hp latios..

Hmm, it seems you're right on Lapras. Don't know what happened with those calculations.

On Vaporeon they stand though, Latios 3HKO's and Vaporeon 3HKO's back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)