SM NU Rate my competitive NU team for the SM meta game

Hello I'm ChunkyPudding13 and I fairly new to competitive battling. The first time I really got into competitive battling was in ORAS where I battled a lot in the PU tier, but now I'm battling a lot in the NU tier where I made an unstoppable team (I'm new so its probably not unstoppable). To me its unstoppable because I have got a lot of wins with this team and my opponent has forfeit twice. So here is my team, I'll explain the sets underneath the set.

Hadouken (Clawitzer) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Clawitzer
This is my Clawitzer set, he is a full on special attacker. The set is taken for Smogon. Smogon says you can use Water Pulse or Scald and Aura Sphere or U-turn, but I wanted an all out attacker so I went with Water Pulse and Aura Sphere because they get boosted by Clawitzer's ability Mega Launcher which boost Pulse and Aura moves which my Clawizer has. The rest I don't need to explain because Smogon already says that. Nickname reason (if anyone cares) if I'm spamming my moves and the opponent can't deal with them I yell HADOUKEN like Ryu.

The Trash Man (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 126 Atk / 126 Def / 126 SpD / 126 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pain Split
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

Garbodor
My Garbodor set looks really weird because it is weird. I wanted him to be fast, hit hard, not die and be defensive, and I think I did a really good job at that. My item is a Rocky Helmet because Smogon says so, my ability is Weak Armor because Garbodor can be slow at times so extra speed is handy (I know that lowers my defense but I didn't like the other abilities), and Adamant nature because weak armor boost my speed so I don't need a speed boosting nature. The EV spread is really weird I tried to spread it out so my Garbodor can do everything attack, defend and out speed. My moves are fun to use Pain Split can get you some health back then your opponent hits you making you faster so you can kill them after, Gunk Shot is a really good stab poison type attack, Drain Punch is self explanatory and Toxic because its toxic. Nickname reason (if anyone cares) Garbodor is the freaking Trash Man.

E. Honda (Hariyama) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Hariyama
My Hariyama set is a similar set I used in my first play though of Omega Ruby. I found a Life Orb as soon as my Hakuhita evolved into a Hariyama and as soon as it learned Close Combat it one shooted EVERYTHING! that's where the similarities end. For this set I chose the ability Thick Fat because since I'm using a Life Orb Guts is not as usefull and Sheer Force makes Knock Off useless (I think I'm new to competitive battling so tell me if I'm wrong) so that leaves Thick Fat as my ability and its really good because it reduces the power of fire and ice moves. The EVs and Nature is easy to understand. The moves are easy to understand also, Close Combat is a great fighting type move, Bullet Punch has priority which helps with Hariyama's low speed, Earthquake is Earthquake, and Knock Off is Knock Off. Nickname reason (if anyone cares) needs no explanation

Edgy Fire Pupper (Houndoom) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Houndoom
My Houndoom is my Z-move user. This is a simple set besides the moves, there also simple but not as much. The Ability is Flash Fire because it gives my team an immunity to Fire. The EVs also make sense, Houndoom is a fast special attacker. The Nature is very simple and doesn't need an explanation. The moves are simple Flamethrower and Dark Pulse are great stab moves, Shadow Ball for coverage, and Protect because is always handy. Nickname reason (if anyone cares) Houndoom is an Edgy Fire Pupper so it makes sense.

Sleepy Girl (Uxie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Giga Drain

Uxie
My Uxie set is a specially defensive, support set. My item is Leftovers because there always handy. It only has one ability and that's Levitate which gives me a Ground immunity. I have a Timid nature so I can out speed. EV spreads are simple to understand. My moves are for coverage, Psychic because its Psychic, Dazzling Gleam because its a good fairy move, Giga Drain because it heals me making me a tank, and Toxic because its Toxic. This set doesn't really need an explanation because its simple to understand. Nickname reason (if anyone cares) ... I got nothing.

Nega Chin (Steelix) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Steelix
My Steelix set is my lead mon. My Steelix's job is to set up the rocks and that's it. I couldn't think of an item to use because Garbodor is already using the Rocky Helmet so I use a Sitrus Berry. The ability is explanatory it makes it so I get my rock up no matter what. The EVs are simple, Steelix is my defensive tank and after it sets my rocks up it can go for a powerful stab Earthquake or Heavy Slam, and Dragon Tail forces the opponent to switch making them take damage from the rocks. The Nature is also easy to understand, it boost my attack so my already powerful Earthquake and Heavy Slam even more powerful. Nickname reason (if anyone cars) IT IS THE FREAKING NEGA CHIN JUST LOOK AT THEM SIDE BY SIDE

Alright those are my sets, I hope you like them. Feel free to leave suggestions on how to fix them, kinda like constructive criticism. I'm not the best at competitive battling so please leave comments on how my teams is/looks PLZ. I will be doing more teams, I just chose this one because I usually delete teams I don't like but this one is still here so.

SORRY IF THE IMAGES ARE SO BIG I CAN FIND IMAGES I LIKE BUT THERE NEVER IN THE CORRECT SIZE

Isn't Shadow Ball redundant on Houndoom? You say it's for coverage, but what does it hit that Dark Pulse doesn't? You have flamethrower to hit Fairies and Fighting types for neutral damage. Why not run a Nasty Plot set with HP Water?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)