Rate my first Uber Team (much help needed)

The most I know about Uber battling is courtesy of the article on the Smogon mainsite. I've never battled in Ubers, and have no friends who have either, but you've gotta start somewhere. That said, I realize that this team may be way off, so please be gentle <.< Help is greatly appreciated. (this is for Wi-Fi)

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Timid | Drizzle
6 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
Water Spout
Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Thunder

Typical Kyogre starter, minus the EV spread. Modified former EV spread. Since I'm sacrificing some power for speed due to the nature, Hydro Pump is an option but I'm not sure if it's worth giving up the reliability of Surf. Thunder/Ice Beam for obvious coverage. Again, standard sans the EV spread.

(<--- I know that's a regular Deoxys, couldn't find a sprite of Deoxys-A...)

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
Hasty | Pressure
4 Atk, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
(Spd IV 26)
Ice Beam
Thunder
Superpower
Pursuit

Edit: changed to +spd and HP Fire nixed. Still a revenge killer and assassin.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Bold | Pressure
252 HP, 244 Df, 12 Sp Df
Will O Wisp
Dragon Pulse
Rest
Sleep Talk

Finally, an entirely standard Uber set. The chief physical wall of the team. Bold/Dragon Pulse > Impish/Dragon Claw because of its higher power against Groudon. Rest to shrug off status and damage and Sleep Talk to keep on going whilst asleep. Will O Wisp to cripple physical attackers who think they stand a chance against it, Dragon Pulse for STAB and a helper against Taunt. Not much to say here.

Arceus @ Meadow Plate
Timid | Multitype
232 HP, 80 Df, 100 Sp Df, 96 Spd
Grass Knot
Earth Power
Ice Beam/Calm Mind
Recover

Edit: An answer for Tyranitar, Palkia, and Choice Kyogre. I may drop Ice Beam due to its vast occurrence elsewhere in the team. Calm Mind gives it a little more room to work, so it's a good second option. Entirely standard. May get nixed in favor of Jirachi

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb/Life Orb
Hasty | Pressure
252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
Aqua Tail/Focus Punch
Surf
Spacial Rend
Substitute

Speaking of Rain-sweeping Palkia, here's another slightly modified standard. Modified former EV spread. No Thunder here, as I already have it on Kyogre and Deoxys-A, so Substitute is in its place. Aqua Tail, if I'm correct from my studies, is the more common move between the first two options due to STAB and Rain Dance boost, but Focus Punch works well with Substitute. Spacial Rend because I generally only use Draco Meteor with Choice users, and Surf because it's the obvious only choice for water STAB. Lustrous Orb allows Palkia to live longer, which is nice when I already am running one Life Orb sweeper, but I don't know if the small boost Lustrous Orb offers is worth the added durability.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Adamant | Guts
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Close Combat
Megahorn
Pursuit
Sleep Talk

Edit: May get nixed. Changed Stone Edge for Sleep Talk to absorb status and changed Band to Scarf.

Well this team is really weak to the Bulk Up Dialga. It can set up on everything besides a Close Combat (even Arceus' Earth Power wont do much since it will run max HP and spdef). Latias/Latios can also just continue to Calm Mind and Recover against even Arceus then sweep you. Deoxys-A and Tyranitar also cause problems.

I notice you are using CBcross, but in ubers Heracross should really be scarfed for revenge killing Mewtwo, Latias ect instead. Anyways I suggest you replace Heracross anyways because tbh it looks like filler to me (maybe you dont have anymore good ubers?) Groudon would be much better creating the popular double weather team and countering Tyranitar and Dialga. I suggest you use the supporting set to set up SR and give it either Thunderwave or Toxic.

Instead of using Steel Arceus you could use Jirachi instead. It does have lower stats in every area but the psychic typing makes it neutral to fighting (making it ideal as a Deoxys-A counter) and Wish support is very important (in ubers most of your team should be able to recover if you dont have Wish). Toxic lets it counter Latias, Latios and Lugia while poisoning common Groudon switchins. U-Turn is also important for scouting, passing Wish and hitting most ubers super effective. The last slot can be filled with Protect (more scouting, stalling and waiting for wish) or Light Screen (extra special defense which is also good). As for countering Palkia, the same Palkia you have will 2HKO Arceus in the rain with Surf (which it should be usuing most since thats its strongest attack). Choice Palkia shouldn't be a big problem so if you are paranoid of LO palkia then I suggest you use Latias (who gets beat by Choice Palkia) over Palkia.

Are you sure you cant get a speed+ Deoxys? Outspeeding Scarf Kyogre is pretty important.

I suggest you just use max speed on both Kyogre and Palkia so you atleast have a chance in speed ties.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Why no Psychic on Deoxys-A?
Possibly because the majority of the uber metagame is psychic typed, and Psychic would be redundant as it doesnt really hit anything and is resisted everywhere.

Changing Heracross to Scarf as Ryo said will give you an easier way to revenge kill the Lati twins, but just a small change to the moveset. Sleep Talk > Stone Edge will give you a good status absorber against Darkrai.

Hidden Power Fire isnt such a bright idea on Deoxys f, as you have no weather effect thats boosting it, just a weather effect that decreases its power. As Ryo stated before, +Spd should probably be used. Pursuit/ Shadow Ball/ Grass Knot can fill the last slot over Hp Fire on Deo.

If you need a counter to things such as Scarf/ Specs/ other Kyogre, TTar, and mixed Palkia, i suggest using Meadow Plate Arceus. Grass Knot has 120 base power on everything mentioned above. The EVs are 232 HP / 80 Def / 100 SpD / 96 Spe, Grass Knot/ Earth Power/ Ice Beam/ Recover is the moveset. Any of the moves can be replaced with Calm Mind as well. Hope this helped

I notice you are using CBcross, but in ubers Heracross should really be scarfed for revenge killing Mewtwo, Latias ect instead. Anyways I suggest you replace Heracross anyways because tbh it looks like filler to me (maybe you dont have anymore good ubers?) Groudon would be much better creating the popular double weather team and countering Tyranitar and Dialga. I suggest you use the supporting set to set up SR and give it either Thunderwave or Toxic.
I have pretty much every uber sans Arceus and a few others, but Groudon's ability counteracts the benefits the rest of the team reaps from rain.

To replace Steel Arceus I think I like Meadow Plate Arceus over Jirachi, though I'm listening if someone wants to point out the pros and cons between the two.

Hidden Power Fire isnt such a bright idea on Deoxys f, as you have no weather effect thats boosting it, just a weather effect that decreases its power. As Ryo stated before, +Spd should probably be used. Pursuit/ Shadow Ball/ Grass Knot can fill the last slot over Hp Fire on Deo.
That's true, I hadn't thought of that. I do have a Hasty Deoxys handy. At the moment I'm thinking Pursuit for the last move slot assuming I use Grass Arceus. When I update the entire team, I can get critique on what I still lack coverage for.

I suggest you just use max speed on both Kyogre and Palkia so you atleast have a chance in speed ties.
In battling, I try to make it a point to never speed tie; if you think there'll be a situation when I'm in dire need to risk it, I'll do it, but otherwise, I find that I never encounter the risk and so it's not really worth it.

Now I'll update the team some.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
160 Spd EVs on a Timid nature give it 281 Speed, 421 after a Choice Scarf to outspeed standard, Adamant Rayquaza after 1 DD.
I really would not be counting on that. Rayquazas tend to run max speed, and therefore trying to outpace Ray with 281 Speed is futile imo.

I'd just run max speed really. Even with 96 HP Kyogre isn't really getting much more bulky and max speed ties you at worst with othe max speed Jolly Subsalac Groudons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)