SS OU Rate my gen 8 ou team (my first ou team)

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpDef
Quiet Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Psychic

Mainly utility, I am considering getting rid of Leech Seed for Giga Drain. I have Synthesis and bulk investment so that it can serve as a backup tank, mostly to deal with physical ground, Electric, and psychic moves, as neither Toxapex or Blissey takes those particularly well, or if either Toxapex or Blissey faints. Also used to swap in on threats and put them to sleep, I have the defenses as even as possible so that it can switch in on both physical and special attacks.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- Earth Power

Mainly tries to swap in on resisted or immune hits and get one strong attack off and then switch out. (For example if an opposing Cinderace uses Zen Headbutt on Toxapex I swap in on that, and then I use an attack based on what It's most likely to swap to. Deals with pokemon like Alolan Marowak and Excadrill, which my team otherwise struggles with. If possible it recieves healing with Wish from Blissey. Suggestions for better attacking moves would be helpful, I probably want to keep dual Stab, but if there's anything that hits more pokemon than Surf and Earth Power, please tell me.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Bulky setup sweeper with Roost, if possible I swap in on pokemon that I have put to sleep with Exeggutor and try to setup. Deals with psychic and dark types which can be problematic to my team otherwise. Mamoswine can help remove counters such as Toxapex and various rock types. Has defensive utility mainly against grass and bug moves. Flame body helps with defensive utility, Heavy-Duty boots as I don't have hazard removal on my team.

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 SpDef / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Ice Shard

Physical wallbreaker, lacks defensive use. Used to hit stuff like Toxapex and Galarian Slowbro. Earthquake and Icicle Crash for strong Stab moves, Ice Shard for priority, Superpower is kind of filler that I only use against stuff like Blissey, so better move suggestions would be appreicated. I also wonder if it would be better with Choice Scarf or Assualt Vest instead of Choice Band, as this one often either gets outsped or worn down due to lack of bulk.

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Bold Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Physical tank, what I usually switch in when I'm unsure of an enemy pokemon's moveset. Baneful Bunker to scout, Recover for recovery, Toxic Spikes so that I have an entry hazard (also using it to bait in defoggers and rapid spinners), haze to deal with setup sweepers. I am considering swapping Rocky Helmet for Black Sludge, (there are a decent amount of moves that do just over half, and black sludge + recover would allow me to stall those) as well as swapping a move for Scald, so that I can win 1v1's without having to rely on poisoning the opponent somehow.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Tri Attack

Special wall, mainly using it to clear status with Aromatherapy and to pass wish to other pokemon for healing. Having both wish and softboiled may be unnecessary, Tri Attack is to inflict status, if there are better status inflicting moves please tell. Also been considering Serene Grace to inflict status more often, as I have Aromatherapy for status, so I don't get that much out of Natural Cure. My main defensive core combined with Toxapex.

Overall I'm open for suggestions, if it helps the pokemon I have been struggling the most with is Alolan Marowak. All feedback is welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

Twilight

is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

unlocked

Last edited:
I dont see what exeggutor could possibly do for this team. You arent running sun, so its kind of a waste. If you're looking for a bulky grass type to pivot into, tangrowth would be a better fit because of its wider movepool, better bulk, and regenerator. Exeggutor's psychic typing hurts it more than helps it because of how common knock off is.

For hydreigon, replace surf with flash cannon, so that you dont get walled by fairy types.

Keep CB on mamo. If its meant to break walls, then it needs the extra power. You have enough pokemon to safely pivot into anyway.

Your toxapex auto loses to taunt, or any team with a poison type. It literally doesnt do anything. I would highly recommend swapping something out for scald, and maybe try to fit toxic in there as well. Cant exactly stall out the opponent if you cant poison something directly in front of you. T-spikes are a luxury; lots of mons have hazard support or heavy duty boots.

Just use chansey. It's a flatout better blissey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)