SM OU Rate my Mega Houndoom Sun Team

I love canines (obviously from my username), and I love Houndoom. And I know he isn't the best mega and Mega Charizard Y is a better sun user, but I love him so much and I would love to make a good team with the little guy!

Therefore, with inspiration from other Mega Houndoom teams I've googled, I came up with this team:

Mega Hounddom.gif

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot

This was the suggested spread sheet everywhere, and the stats are what Showdown has suggested for me. Timid is a good nature because speed is a huge factor in competitive play and could severely ruin any Pokemon (*cough*Incineroar*cough*). Also, there isn't much of a loss with the lowered Attack, as he's not even a physical attacker anyways. Fire Blast and Dark Pulse are obvious: STAB. Sludge Bomb is to hit fairies that it'll hopefully outspeed. Nasty Plot is for boosting SPA and hitting a bit harder, and may be useful when it comes to bulky Pokemon.

ninetales.gif~c200.gif

Ninetales @ Firium Z
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Psyshock

Houndoom cannot reach its full potential without the sun. Therefore, I chose Ninetales. It's a fast Pokemon and it could be useful if Houndoom is knocked down. It also has access to Solar Beam, which is great in the sun!

I'm still a bit conflicted on whether or not I should use Torkoal. You could give your opinion on which one is better in the comments.

celesteela_by_alolan_sprites-davafi7.gif

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Houndoom is weak to Fairies, so a steel type is a really good choice. I heard that Celesteela is a good choice for a Houndoom team, so I used it! It has... oddly specific HP, great special defense, and a bit of defense to make it extra bulky. It also has Leech Seed, which is great for Houndoom because of its lack of recovery. Beast Boost is also a great ability and would make it a pain to battle with.

Tapu Fini.gif

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 108 SpD / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt

Because I have two fire types on my team, I got double the weaknesses. I used Tapu Fine to not only resist other water types, but to also hit Ground types and Rock types, something the team is a bit weak to according to that Pokemon Forever Team Calculator I've been using. :P

I personally prefer Scald over Nature's Madness because Nature's Madness, while I can see the usefulness of it, takes up another slot that could be used for a water move.

Should I have used Tapu Bulu instead? After all, Tapu Bulu has grassy terrain that will give Houndoom a bit of health, especially because Solar Power whittles down its HP. Should I have replaced Tapu Fini with Tapu Bulu and have used a different water type or should I keep them the same?

tangrowth.gif

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Good ol' surprisingly great Tangrowth. Not only is he bulky, he deals with a lot of Houndoom's weaknesses, such as water, rock, and ground. Hidden Power Ice could hit flying types and be good against Dragon and Ground types, and even Dragon+Ground Pokemon like Garchomp! (I always insist on using an Ice move on Garchomp because it's so fun)

flygon.gif

Flygon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

The immunity to ground is greatly appreciated since I have 2 fire types! And I could deal with the Ice weakness because I have 3 Pokemon that resist Ice. There is Zygarde, but lets be real here: Thousand Arrows is completely broken and is a pain to deal with. Also, I prefer Flygon over both Garchomp and Zygarde. If he isn't a good choice, let me know! I wouldn't mind using Zygarde nor Garchomp :P

So how is my team? I would love to hear your thoughts <3​

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi. Cool looking team. Sun isn't too common in OU rn so it's nice to see something new.

Since sun is usually offensive I'll try to suggest changes that help your team offensively.

MAJOR CHANGES

465.png--> 003.png
Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Tangrowth doesn't add a whole lot to the team imo, you have Tapu Fini for a solid water resist and you have sun itself to weaken water attacks. You also have two ground immunities already.

Venusaur adds an extra sun sweeper thanks to Growth + Chlorophyll, it also adds better speed control to the team.

Earthquake is used to hit Heatran, making Houndoom's job easier.

330.png--> 645-s.png
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly

I think this change is quite obvious. Flygon is an ok sweeper but Landorus is simply better.

I suggest Landorus instead of Zygarde because he gives you Stealth Rock which is something your team lacked previously.

SD + Z-Fly also helps you take on stall better.

MINOR CHANGES

038.pngfiriumz.png --> heatrock.pngand Nasty Plot --> Sunny Day

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Psyshock

Both of these changes help keep the sun up which should be Ninetales's main job, it does this better than being a Nasty Plot sweeper (especially in OU where there are alot of faster threats).

788.pngScald --> Nature's Madness [optional]

You already mentioned this in your post saying you'd prefer a water move. But I think Nature's Madness + Taunt is good for wearing down things that might annoy your team such as Toxapex.

Scald is also weaker in the sun which is another downside, but it's up to you what you use.

Thanks for reading and best of luck :]

Importable
~~229-m.png038.png797.png788.png003.png645-s.png~~

Hi. Cool looking team. Sun isn't too common in OU rn so it's nice to see something new.

Since sun is usually offensive I'll try to suggest changes that help your team offensively.

MAJOR CHANGES

View attachment 110656--> View attachment 110657
Venusaur @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Tangrowth doesn't add a whole lot to the team imo, you have Tapu Fini for a solid water resist and you have sun itself to weaken water attacks. You also have two ground immunities already.

Venusaur adds an extra sun sweeper thanks to Growth + Chlorophyll, it also adds better speed control to the team.

Earthquake is used to hit Heatran, making Houndoom's job easier.

View attachment 110659--> View attachment 110660
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly

I think this change is quite obvious. Flygon is an ok sweeper but Landorus is simply better.

I suggest Landorus instead of Zygarde because he gives you Stealth Rock which is something your team lacked previously.

SD + Z-Fly also helps you take on stall better.

MINOR CHANGES

View attachment 110663View attachment 110664 --> View attachment 110665and Nasty Plot --> Sunny Day

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Psyshock

Both of these changes help keep the sun up which should be Ninetales's main job, it does this better than being a Nasty Plot sweeper (especially in OU where there are alot of faster threats).

View attachment 110666Scald --> Nature's Madness [optional]

You already mentioned this in your post saying you'd prefer a water move. But I think Nature's Madness + Taunt is good for wearing down things that might annoy your team such as Toxapex.

Scald is also weaker in the sun which is another downside, but it's up to you what you use.

Thanks so much for your help! I will use your suggestions!

I may actually switch Scald to Nature's Madness because screw Toxapex tbh

May help with Chansey as well because competitive battling made me despise Chansey XD

Reactions: DKM

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey NylaTheWolf Sun is a fun theme for a team. There are quite a few changes I would make, however.

First off, I'd give Houndoom Hidden Power Fighting over Sludge Bomb. 252 SpA Houndoom-Mega Hidden Power Fighting vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 184-220 (50.9 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This means at +2 you kill Tyranitar. This is useful, as Tyranitar can easily come in and disrupt your sun with its Sand Stream ability. Once Tyranitar is gone, you have won the weather war.

I actually prefer Torkoal as a Sun setter to Ninetailes. Torkoal has access to Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin and I feel Ninetales' set is redundant with Houndoom on the team. Here is the set I would go for:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
Will-O-Wisp is for Zygarde or Tyranitar that want to switch in to Torkoal to threaten it or remove the sun.

I'm suggesting a change to Celesteela's EV spread so that it can take Psyshocks better and be able to handle Hawlucha and Pinsir somewhat better.
Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Water type moves are weakened by 50% in the sun, so I am going to replace Scald on Fini with Nature's Madness. I am also going to change the EV spread so that it outspeeds Zygarde. If you feel as if the lack of bulk is worrying, you can change it back - but a fast Taunt is always nice.
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt
Like DragonKnightMaster above me, I think we should take this in a more offensive direction with Venusaur over Tangrowth. It gives you a Pokemon to abuse the sun to gain speed and another win condition.
Venusaur @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

I looked at the team at saw that Stall was a problem, and having an electric type for Rain is also nice. For this purpose, I suggest Electrium-Z Tapu Koko
Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Sableye-Mega in Electric Terrain: 322-379 (106.2 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 520-613 (74 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Electric Terrain: 345-406 (87.5 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

That is some heavy damage. I gave it Dazzling Gleam so that you can bluff Specs to scare out Sableye.

I hope you like the changes. Sun sure is difficult to build with in (ironically) Ultra SUN and Moon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Here is the team:
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

Hey NylaTheWolf Sun is a fun theme for a team. There are quite a few changes I would make, however.

First off, I'd give Houndoom Hidden Power Fighting over Sludge Bomb. 252 SpA Houndoom-Mega Hidden Power Fighting vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 184-220 (50.9 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This means at +2 you kill Tyranitar. This is useful, as Tyranitar can easily come in and disrupt your sun with its Sand Stream ability. Once Tyranitar is gone, you have won the weather war.

I actually prefer Torkoal as a Sun setter to Ninetailes. Torkoal has access to Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin and I feel Ninetales' set is redundant with Houndoom on the team. Here is the set I would go for:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
Will-O-Wisp is for Zygarde or Tyranitar that want to switch in to Torkoal to threaten it or remove the sun.

I'm suggesting a change to Celesteela's EV spread so that it can take Psyshocks better and be able to handle Hawlucha and Pinsir somewhat better.
Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Water type moves are weakened by 50% in the sun, so I am going to replace Scald on Fini with Nature's Madness. I am also going to change the EV spread so that it outspeeds Zygarde. If you feel as if the lack of bulk is worrying, you can change it back - but a fast Taunt is always nice.
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt
Like DragonKnightMaster above me, I think we should take this in a more offensive direction with Venusaur over Tangrowth. It gives you a Pokemon to abuse the sun to gain speed and another win condition.
Venusaur @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

I looked at the team at saw that Stall was a problem, and having an electric type for Rain is also nice. For this purpose, I suggest Electrium-Z Tapu Koko
Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Sableye-Mega in Electric Terrain: 322-379 (106.2 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 520-613 (74 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Electric Terrain: 345-406 (87.5 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

That is some heavy damage. I gave it Dazzling Gleam so that you can bluff Specs to scare out Sableye.

I hope you like the changes. Sun sure is difficult to build with in (ironically) Ultra SUN and Moon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Here is the team:
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
Thank you for your advice! Although Tapu Koko is tempting, I'm not exactly sure, especially since I already got a fairy type and I'm not 100% sure if I should trade out a ground type (I've changed Flygon to Landorus-T) for an electric type.

This is my team now:

Max (Houndoom-Mega) (M) @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly

Thank you for your advice! Although Tapu Koko is tempting, I'm not exactly sure, especially since I already got a fairy type and I'm not 100% sure if I should trade out a ground type (I've changed Flygon to Landorus-T) for an electric type.

This is my team now:

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly
I wouldn't call this a rate or anything but I think I can help u out a fair bit, least I hope.

If u want to keep ur current team lineup, then I'd say...
  • Torkoal is far better of running a max def set with a bold nature which allows u to shrug off at least 1 eq from stuff like landot if u need it to and wisp them.
  • U didn't explain what ur ev spread was for on tapu fini, but I'd suggest running max def with a bold nature to better take hits from hawlucha which is extremely threatening and u can ohko with moonblast after sr and +2 acro doesn't ko if u keep it healthy. Also deals with setup zygarde variants an ass ton better which is quite threatening considering ur landot has no defensive investment whatsoever. Also, I'd run water coverage like scald or surf over nature's madness which may seem nice but dancing around the likes of heatran really sucks considering ur using sun which powers up its magma storms. W/o water coverage, ur gna have a tough time switching into heatran. Houndoom gets flash fire but u don't want that to be ur primary answer to a magma storm considering ur opponent might just predict that and hit the earth power button which basically makes houndoom useless coz after mega evolving the solar power renders it at most able to do 1-2 attacks more.
  • I'd say rockium z is a lot better than flyinum z on landot here. U don't exactly appreciate switching into zapdos be it discharge, heat wave and hp ice which has skyrocketed in use of late because of the rise of hawlucha, maybe mind games like a heat wave to houndoom could be nice to fuck with your opponent but like I mentioned earlier already, it's not ideal at all. Ppl tend to be dumb on the ladder and not scout for rockium z and let their zapdos die immediately or they blindly assume ur sd flyinum z with sr (which sucks imo and should only be used with magnezone support) which in this case it is just coz u want the extra firepower to ko opposing defensive landot and sacrifice valuable coverage vs. celesteela. On the topic of stall which was mentioned in a previous rate as to why u should use sd flyz, sd rockiumz fares way better vs. stall as u put heavy pressure on the most commonly used defogger which is zapdos or less common skarmory. Tbh tho, I don't think u even struggle with stall at all with this build at all on a build like this coz what u'd do vs. stall is just to lead torkoal t1 on a sableye lead then hard switch straight into houndoom which is immune to will-o-wisp and resists knock off and start boosting and fucking their entire team up. After houndoom finishes rampaging the team, u'd just proceed to set the sun back up vs. stall and start boosting with venusaur which is gna 6-0 the stall team coz giga drain at +4 to +6 is gna recover so much health back on chansey it's not even gna be able to take u out w/ seismic toss.
  • On the topic of houndoom, I'd say that flamethrower is better than fire blast here coz u don't want to be missing attacks when ur already sacrificing ur hp to solar power and houndoom's spatk is gna be so high under the sun, more so if u manage to boost it's not even gna matter. Also, tyranitar is something that's been rather uncommon on the ladder so personally I'd think solar beam or sludge bomb provides more powerful and valuable coverage options compared to hp fighting.

U should consider making some changes to the current build though, I'd say...

• Ur missing speed control. A scarfer outside of ur sun sweeper venusaur will really help, maybe something generic like scarf landot. I actually do have a rough idea on a team structure I would use but that kinda involves changing too many of ur team members which I don't really want to do.

Lastly, I've been on the ladder for a decent bit of time and I've seen a couple of successful sun teams, u could use their teams as references to improve on ur build. Here's their names... (search their names in the replay section here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/)

That's all I can offer, best of luck!!!

ps can u guys who rating this just provide an importable w/o using pokepaste if u can lol, i wanted to see the teams and i really didn't wna have to click on extra links if i didnt have to. im pretty sure no1 wants to be clicking extra links if they can help it too.

just a simple hidden importable like 1 below or non hidden 1 idc

i hate clicking unnecesary links

I wouldn't call this a rate or anything but I think I can help u out a fair bit, least I hope.

If u want to keep ur current team lineup, then I'd say...
  • Torkoal is far better of running a max def set with a bold nature which allows u to shrug off at least 1 eq from stuff like landot if u need it to and wisp them.
  • U didn't explain what ur ev spread was for on tapu fini, but I'd suggest running max def with a bold nature to better take hits from hawlucha which is extremely threatening and u can ohko with moonblast after sr and +2 acro doesn't ko if u keep it healthy. Also deals with setup zygarde variants an ass ton better which is quite threatening considering ur landot has no defensive investment whatsoever. Also, I'd run water coverage like scald or surf over nature's madness which may seem nice but dancing around the likes of heatran really sucks considering ur using sun which powers up its magma storms. W/o water coverage, ur gna have a tough time switching into heatran. Houndoom gets flash fire but u don't want that to be ur primary answer to a magma storm considering ur opponent might just predict that and hit the earth power button which basically makes houndoom useless coz after mega evolving the solar power renders it at most able to do 1-2 attacks more.
  • I'd say rockium z is a lot better than flyinum z on landot here. U don't exactly appreciate switching into zapdos be it discharge, heat wave and hp ice which has skyrocketed in use of late because of the rise of hawlucha, maybe mind games like a heat wave to houndoom could be nice to fuck with your opponent but like I mentioned earlier already, it's not ideal at all. Ppl tend to be dumb on the ladder and not scout for rockium z and let their zapdos die immediately or they blindly assume ur sd flyinum z with sr (which sucks imo and should only be used with magnezone support) which in this case it is just coz u want the extra firepower to ko opposing defensive landot and sacrifice valuable coverage vs. celesteela. On the topic of stall which was mentioned in a previous rate as to why u should use sd flyz, sd rockiumz fares way better vs. stall as u put heavy pressure on the most commonly used defogger which is zapdos or less common skarmory. Tbh tho, I don't think u even struggle with stall at all with this build at all on a build like this coz what u'd do vs. stall is just to lead torkoal t1 on a sableye lead then hard switch straight into houndoom which is immune to will-o-wisp and resists knock off and start boosting and fucking their entire team up. After houndoom finishes rampaging the team, u'd just proceed to set the sun back up vs. stall and start boosting with venusaur which is gna 6-0 the stall team coz giga drain at +4 to +6 is gna recover so much health back on chansey it's not even gna be able to take u out w/ seismic toss.
  • On the topic of houndoom, I'd say that flamethrower is better than fire blast here coz u don't want to be missing attacks when ur already sacrificing ur hp to solar power and houndoom's spatk is gna be so high under the sun, more so if u manage to boost it's not even gna matter. Also, tyranitar is something that's been rather uncommon on the ladder so personally I'd think solar beam or sludge bomb provides more powerful and valuable coverage options compared to hp fighting.

U should consider making some changes to the current build though, I'd say...

• Ur missing speed control. A scarfer outside of ur sun sweeper venusaur will really help, maybe something generic like scarf landot. I actually do have a rough idea on a team structure I would use but that kinda involves changing too many of ur team members which I don't really want to do.

Lastly, I've been on the ladder for a decent bit of time and I've seen a couple of successful sun teams, u could use their teams as references to improve on ur build. Here's their names... (search their names in the replay section here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/)

That's all I can offer, best of luck!!!
Thanks so much!! Honestly I don't know where the Tapu Fini stats came from. Maybe from a Houndoom team I came across while searching for good teammates?

Do you have any suggestions for the Tapu Fini EVs and Nature?

Also, I decided to compromise with the Nature's Madness vs. Scald thing by keeping Nature's Madness and replacing Defog for Scald, as I already have Torkoal for a Rapid Spinner which I would much rather have because Rapid Spin gets rid of any entry hazards my team is exposed to, while keeping the ones I set up for the other team. Defog, on the other hand, gets rid of all entry hazards, including anything I've set up already.

Also, wouldn't Rockium Z just give me Z-Stealth Rock?

I also am not sure whether I should give my Houndoom Hidden Power Fighting or Solar Beam/Gunk Shot. I may wait for a second opinion

um, u can find valuable info here: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/

this is the spread i used myself, it patches up landot being offensive, if u want to forgo defog so be it

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

the rockium z set on landot is standard

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

this is for more so to remove zapdos from the game typically the zapdos set mostly ppl run is usually... + rock is just good coverage all around

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Ice

nothing on ur team likes switching into those moves

um, u can find valuable info here: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/

this is the spread i used myself, it patches up landot being offensive, if u want to forgo defog so be it

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

the rockium z set on landot is standard

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

this is for more so to remove zapdos from the game typically the zapdos set mostly ppl run is usually... + rock is just good coverage all around

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Ice

nothing on ur team likes switching into those moves
Yeah, but remember, I'm using Scald instead of Defog so I don't know how well those EVs will translate over.

Also, I just used the set DragonKnightmaster suggested. I think they were using a slight variation on Landorus-T's Flyinium Z set. However, they replaced Gravity/Smack Down with Swords Dance. Perhaps I could use Stone Edge instead of Swords Dance?

uhh wdym how well they translate over they translate over just fine to me oo

sd provides a way to just muscle through bulkier teams so i wouldn't forgo sd

Diophantine

Banned deucer.

This is my team now:

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly
Landorus is not a bad pick. I was trying to improve the rain match-up. I guess we have Fini for Kingdra/Greninja, but keeping Sun up vs rain is incredibly difficult. Having an Electric-type to pressure Pelliper was a solution I had in mind. Another could be Rockium-Z Landorus. 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 32+ Def Pelipper: 374-442 (115.7 - 136.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
You could bop it with the Z-Move Turn 1 which would mean you have won the weather war which would put you in an amazing position. Literally the same set as the Flyiunium one that you mentioned but with Rockium-Z as the item and Stone Edge over Fly. Be careful for Scarfed Pelipper though. If the Drizzle ability activates before Intimidate, you know that it is faster than Landorus and is aiming a Scald right at you 252 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian in Rain: 384-452 (120.3 - 141.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Landorus is not a bad pick. I was trying to improve the rain match-up. I guess we have Fini for Kingdra/Greninja, but keeping Sun up vs rain is incredibly difficult. Having an Electric-type to pressure Pelliper was a solution I had in mind. Another could be Rockium-Z Landorus. 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 32+ Def Pelipper: 374-442 (115.7 - 136.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
You could bop it with the Z-Move Turn 1 which would mean you have won the weather war which would put you in an amazing position. Literally the same set as the Flyiunium one that you mentioned but with Rockium-Z as the item and Stone Edge over Fly. Be careful for Scarfed Pelipper though. If the Drizzle ability activates before Intimidate, you know that it is faster than Landorus and is aiming a Scald right at you 252 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian in Rain: 384-452 (120.3 - 141.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Thanks so much!

I kind of wanna keep Fly in the case of specific Pokemon such as Araquanid.

However, I kind of realized something: Do I really need Stealth Rock on Landorus-T anymore? I mean, Torkoal already has that covered, and as Nubzie mentioned before, Swords Dance is a way to get through bulkier teams. Therefore, perhaps I could get rid of Stealth Rock for Stone Edge? However, it could be a bit of a "Backup Entry Hazard Setter", like if Torkoal dies and the Stealth Rocks are defogged or rapid spun, I could us Landorus-T. Although, that's a very situational case and it's impossible to create a completely fool proof team that's guaranteed to win every single battle.

What do you guys think?

This would be the Landorus Set:

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Thanks so much!

I kind of wanna keep Fly in the case of specific Pokemon such as Araquanid.

However, I kind of realized something: Do I really need Stealth Rock on Landorus-T anymore? I mean, Torkoal already has that covered, and as Nubzie mentioned before, Swords Dance is a way to get through bulkier teams. Therefore, perhaps I could get rid of Stealth Rock for Stone Edge? However, it could be a bit of a "Backup Entry Hazard Setter", like if Torkoal dies and the Stealth Rocks are defogged or rapid spun, I could us Landorus-T. Although, that's a very situational case and it's impossible to create a completely fool proof team that's guaranteed to win every single battle.

What do you guys think?

This would be the Landorus Set:

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly
Stealth Rocks on two Pokemon is redundant, you are right. Fly isn't that great outside of Flyinium-Z and the Rock type attack already hits the Bug types you were talking about. You could replace it with Rock Polish. You could also experiment with U-Turn to get momentum and bring in your sun setter or whatever suits the situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)