Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Gengar is the team's lead, he is very fast and strong and his access to Taunt gives him a good viability as a stallbreaker and as most players start using Rock setters, this ends up being very good, and his movepool gives him a good answer to many Pokemon of the game, Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave are powerful stabs, Focus Blast is good for dealing with Bisharp, Weavile and Tyranitar, Focus Sash avoids hit kills from Bisharp and Weavile.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Slowking is a very resistant Pokemon on the special side and his Regenerator skill greatly increases his durability, he can handle Pokemon like Latios, Mega Slowbro, Mega Diancie and defensive Zapdos, Scald is a solid stab that helps him resist physical blows, Flamethrower is an answer to Scizor and Ferrothorn, Slack Off recovers your HP, while Toxic drains the energy of Pokemon like Mega Slowbro and Zapdos.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Mega Scizor is a good teammate choice for dragons and special attackers as it is good at dealing with Clefable, Chansey, Latios and Mega Diancie, Swords Dance makes it more dangerous, Bullet Punch is a solid stab that gives it priority , Bug Bite is another stab, Superpower takes care of Tyranitar, Chansey, Ferrothorn, Excadrill and occasionally Heatran. Another advantage of using it is that it benefits a lot from Stealth Rock, which protects you from some of its counters...

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Garchomp with Choice Scarf is a dangerous revenge killer, this item allows you to deal with Pokemon like Latios, Mega Manectric, Scarf Excadrill, Scarf Hydreigon, Tornadus-Therian and Volcarona (even after a Quiver Dance), Outrage and Earthquake are your stabs, Stone Edge is good against flyers like Tornadus-Therian, Zapdos and Gyarados, but it's also useful against Volcarona, Charizard and Mega Pinsir, Fire Blast takes care of Scizor, Skamory and Ferrothorn, Naive nature is so Garchomp doesn't take penalties on his special attack.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon is a Stealth Rock setter and physical defender, he gives a very good support to Mega Scizor, as the Rocks are great for dealing with Charizard, Volcarona and Talonflame, Earthquake is his stab, Slack Off and Leftovers are for HP regeneration, Whirlwind damage is good for giving an opponent a basic rage and it combines well with Stealth Rock, I chose Sand Force as the ability, as Sand Stream doesn't mix well with the rest of the team, the 120 EVs in special defense avoid 2HKO from Life Orb Thundurus's and Mega Manectric's Hidden Power Ice.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

Goodra is my favorite Pokemon and he is on the team with an Assault Vest set, which raises his Special Defense to impressive levels, combined with his good movepool (which includes Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Sludge Wave) and the fact that he being Water, Fire and Electric resistant and Immune to Grass type allows it to deal very well with Pokemon like Thundurus, Ferrothorn, Serperior, Mega Charizard Y, Breloom, Rotom Wash, Starmie, Slowbro and Mega Venusaur, the 16 EVs in speed are so he can outspeed Adamant Azumarill.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ou-1407790122
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ou-1408092762
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ou-1405645074

Gengar is a lead, Mega Scizor is a Swords Dance attacker, Garchomp is a revenge killer, Slowking is a special defensor, Goodra is a jack of all trades killer and Hippowdon is a Stealth Rock setter.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it
What are all 4 moves for

adem

yap
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi andre288 ! Unfortunately, some of the Pokemon in this team arent viable and the sets are really wacky, like Goodra and Garchomp, respectively, so ill try my best to fix it up for you without changing too much!

Minor Changes

:slowking: :scizor-mega: :hippowdon:

Due to the other members anti-synergistic properties, I rebuilt the team starting with the core of these 3, which I feel can still work well together. I adjusted their spreads with the dex spreads, and their benchmarks can be seen here:

:scizor-mega: : https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/scizor/
:hippowdon: : https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/hippowdon/
:slowking: : https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/slowking/ou/
The current core is solid, with Mega Scizor checking Mega Metagross, Weavile, Clefable and the Latios, the latter of which can Trick / overwhelm Slowking. Slowking deals with the likes of Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y and Latios for the other two in return. Lastly, Hippowdon blanket checks Mega Manectric, Talonflame and Thundurus-T, which can use the other two as setup fodder. It also provides rocks for the team, allowing your own team to outlast opposing ones much easier.

Onto the next 3 members, currently the team loses to the likes of Serperior, as well as also lacking things like a Ground Immunity, Speed Control, and Hazard control, which is extremely beneficial for these Pokemon.

Major Changes

:tornadus-therian:

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

AV Torn T gives you a check to Serperior as well as a Ground Immunity, which satisfys 2 of our current issues. Torn T also pairs amazingly well with the rest of our team due to its extreme longetevity, as we aim to outlast opposing teams. Torn T also forms an amazing VoltTurn core with Mega Scizor, pivoting out of the likes of Tyranitar into Mega Zor and Zor pivoting out of the likes of Volcarona into Torn T. TornT also forms a powerful Regen core with Slowking, allowing them to outlast opposing teams.

:clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Calm Mind Clefable is an amazing partner, as it takes advantage of the likes of Skarmory that Scizor pivots out of, and the Tyranitars that TornT pivot out of, as well as providing a secondary setup sweeper, in order to clean once opposing teams are weakened. Fairly straightforward, 2 Bulky Wincons that can outlast the opposing team with teammates that slowly pressure them down with Stealth Rock and Burn. Furthermore, it also provides a second Fighting resist so TornT doesnt get overwhelmed.

Lastly,

:latios:
Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

Choice Scarf Latios provides a solid Defogger for the team, allowing Torn and MZor to pivot around freely. A Choice Scarf also means it functions as solid Speed Control for the team, cleaning up teams late game as well as being able to revenge the likes of Sub variants of Keldeo, Serperior and Volcarona, which can be issues if Torn T gets too weakened / misses Hurricanes. It also allows in Tyranitar, which means MZor can gain free momentum from it.

Hope you like the team!
:hippowdon: :scizor-mega: :slowking: :latios: :tornadus-therian: :clefable:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)