Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt

Xurkitree was the first pokemon i wanted to build arround, as he gets nice speed with the scarf and has an awesome base SpA. I usually use him as lead that's why i put that volt switch on him, hits hard cause STAB and can 0hKO greninja, hawlucha, torn, ... The HP Ice is really great to catch landorus when they use it as a lead most times it's 0HKO same against gliscor and garchomp, energy ball is good against those rain teams with swampert and good against gastrodons, also put thunderbolt as a high STAB move and sometimes with the beast boost+thunderbolt spam you can sweep a whole team. Also thunderbolt can 2HKO tapu koko thanks to electric terrain.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

After Xurkitree i decided to go for gliscor as xurkitree dies to ground and gliscor is immune, also is a great rocker and defensive pivot. Great switch against lando or you also can try to predict some electric movements. Most times you can throw a free toxic after swapping to this mon. Also have 279 speed to outspeed heatran and hit him hard with the earthquake. Finally roost for more sustain.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Knock Off

My next mon i wanted to be a toxapex cause it works well with gliscor as he can take the water/ice attacks that kills gliscor. Pretty normal move set here, haze in case anyone trying to set up, knock off and scald are most times free after switching to this mon, use scald when you trying to predict a phys mon to come out if that's not the case you can just click knock off and last move recover for the bulk.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 28 Def / 192 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch

Wasn't sure about what to put here, but finally i went for alola muk, works pretty well with toxapex. When they trying to pshycic toxapex you can go free to muk and try to pursuit that mon. You want to bring him out against psychic/ghost specially attackers and hit them hard with pursuit as he can tank every hit from that mons. He can also 0HKO bulu with poison jab and deal decent against thorn and scizor with the fire punch. Knock off it's his spammable move to try to catch some items. Muk is also good against serperior can take some leaf storm hits and can poison jab him.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Fire Punch

I went for loppuny as my phys attacker, regular set but i changed the default ice punch for fire one to deal with protect thorns that try to catch your high jump kick. This mon is great to deal with non scarf greninja, thorn, scizor, TTar, excadrill, ... Thanks to his great speed and high damage STAB moves can 0KHO many mons and can deal nicve ammount of damage on enemy pokemon swap.

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

For the last spot i decided to go for Excadrill as my rapid spinner Z-Steel move. I use him with sand rush in case i fight any sand team i can take advantage of that. Tt's a good swap against tapu koko and you can Sword Dance and try to one shot any pokemon with +2 Z-Move. You can try to set up against a thorn too but it's not that safe.

Sorry for the bad english xD.

Importable here: https://pokepast.es/64c9e292ced6966d

Current Rank/W/L:

Hey, I like the fact you’re trying out Xurkitree, been pretty unexplored throughout the generation. I’d like to give some advice to improve the team.

Major Changes:

—->

Celesteela over Alolan Muk provides a bulky Steel-type which is required on every team, brings a way to switch into Mega Pinsir, other Excadrill, and Landorus-T while preserving the ability to switch into Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele. It also makes for an insanely annoying defensive core alongside Toxapex that isn’t very easy to break outside Electric-types. Alolan Muk was also very redundant typing and role wise with Toxapex.

—->

Mega Tyranitar over Mega Lopunny brings a way to actually take advantage of Excadrill’s Sand Rush with Sand Stream in every game as before, it was really just a matchup fish without the proper support to do it’s job. It also supplies a Stealth Rock setter and Dark resist that keeps a Pursuit user on your team.

—->

Ash Greninja over Gliscor gives some natural speed to this otherwise somewhat slow team, priority, and most notably, Spikes which help Excadrill and Xurkitree sweep once their measures are properly handled. It also massively benefits from Excadrill being able to take out and or weakening it’s defensive measures like Magearna, Tangrowth, Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Fini while it does the same for Excadrill by taking out Gliscor, Landorus-T, weakening Rotom-W, and pressuring Celesteela.

Threatlist:

Kartana: This thing provides a really big threat as it can Leaf Blade through everything except Celesteela, which it can cripple with Knock Off. And if it’s Choice Scarf, it can even outspeed and kill Xurkitree and Ash Greninja. Attempt to scout the set and pivot around it’s usually choice locked moves and get it into Water Shuriken range.

Protean Greninja. Potentially has coverage for your whole team and outspeeds a lot of your team save scarf Xurkitree if it isn’t scarf itself and Excadrill in sand which can’t switch in. Try to keep sand up as much as possible vs this thing and pressure it with Excadrill and Xurkitree and scout the moveset before going Toxapex.

1555665038058.png
Garchomp: Can outspeed 1/2 of your team if sand is up, and 4 members if sand isn’t up. If it’s z rock, it can set Stealth Rock relatively easily while getting up Swords Dance and killing something with z Stone Edge or Earthquake. If helmet, it can get up Stealth Rock while not being easy to kill, even if say Excadrill is +2. Try to pressure this with double switches to Greninja, keep sand up with Excadrill, and get in Xurkitree safely to threaten HP Ice.

Import: https://pokepast.es/376f47f605cc2937

Hope you consider this and hope I helped!

Last edited:
Hey, I like the fact you’re trying out Xurkitree, been pretty unexplored throughout the generation. I’d like to give some advice to improve the team.

Major Changes:

View attachment 171212—->View attachment 171211
Celesteela over Alolan Muk provides a bulky Steel-type which is required on every team, brings a way to switch into Mega Pinsir, other Excadrill, and Landorus-T while preserving the ability to switch into Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele. It also makes for an insanely annoying defensive core alongside Toxapex that isn’t very easy to break outside Electric-types. Alolan Muk was also very redundant typing and role wise with Toxapex.

View attachment 171213—->View attachment 171214
Mega Tyranitar over Mega Lopunny brings a way to actually take advantage of Excadrill’s Sand Rush with Sand Stream in every game as before, it was really just a matchup fish without the proper support to do it’s job. It also supplies a Stealth Rock setter and Dark resist that keeps a Pursuit user on your team.

View attachment 171216—->View attachment 171215
Ash Greninja over Gliscor gives some natural speed to this otherwise somewhat slow team, priority, and not notably, Spikes which help Excadrill and Xurkitree sweep once their measures are properly handled. It also massively benefits from Excadrill being able to take out it’s defensive measures while it does the same for Excadrill by taking out Gliscor, Landorus-T, weakening Rotom-W, and pressuring Celesteela.

Threatlist:

View attachment 171220Kartana: This thing provides a really big threat as it can Leaf Blade through everything except Celesteela, which it can cripple with Knock Off. And if it’s Choice Scarf, it can even outspeed and kill Xurkitree and Ash Greninja. Attempt to scout the set and pivot around it’s usually choice locked moves and get it into Water Shuriken range.

View attachment 171219Protean Greninja. Potentially has coverage for your whole team and outspeeds a lot of your team save scarf Xurkitree if it isn’t scarf itself and Excadrill in sand which can’t switch in. Try to keep sand up as much as possible vs this thing and pressure it with Excadrill and Xurkitree and scout the moveset before going Toxapex.

View attachment 171217Garchomp: Can outspeed 1/2 of your team if sand is up, and 4 members if sand isn’t up. If it’s z rock, it can set Stealth Rock relatively easily while getting up Swords Dance and killing something with z Stone Edge or Earthquake. If helmet, it can get up Stealth Rock while not being easy to kill, even if say Excadrill is +2. Try to pressure this with double switches to Greninja, keep sand up with Excadrill, and get in Xurkitree safely to threaten HP Ice.

Import: https://pokepast.es/376f47f605cc2937

Hope you consider this and hope I helped!
Hey, thanks for the reply! I'm going to try it right now, the changes sound pretty good:]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)