Rate my OU team (Check)

Rate my first OU team :)

Hello there. New to Shoddy and such. This is the team that i've been using and the first one I came up with. I thought it was important to have a check for some of the most dangerous threats to the metagame. Although I would like to have more success with it...

Changes in this colour.

At a glance

In depth

Metagross (seXy) @ Choice scarf

Jolly/ Clear body
252 spe/252 att/ 4 sp.d
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth rock
- Trick

With all those Occa berry Metagross' running around, this set becomes even more effective. The aim is to get stealth rock out aspa and screw up some leads in the mean time. And due to its ability to outrun other leads under 130 speed with +ve nature, this becomes possble. With trick it has the chance to cripple leads such as Swarmpert, Bronzorg and such, and doesn't mind getting tricked itself. Having a fast Explosion user is also quite handy.

Here's how he handles most of the top leads in June:

Metagross
They either EQ or SR. I Set up SR regaurdless, then send in Rotom.

Azelf
Flamethrower fails to OHKO so I set up SR anyways, then switch.

Jirachi
I don't mind getting tricked. So I'll just set up SR and switch.

Swampert
Most of the time they SR, and easy target for Trick, allowing me to set up SR myself.

Infernape
Metagross loses, therefore I switch

Hippowdon
Easy trick target since most of them SR.

Bronzorg
Easy Trick target.

Rotom-h (Overbaked) @ Leftovers

Bold/ Levitate
252 hp/ 240 def/ 18spe
- Thunder bolt
- Shadow ball
- Will-o-wisp
- Overheat

The a bulky Rotom set. Does a good job at stopping Forretress and Starmie trying to rapid spin away the SR Metagross has just set. Deals with all those Metagross', Scizor's and Gyarado's running around. I can switch in normally after a DD and kill it with thunderbolt. Will-o-wisp to burn physical sweepers and such. Can usally take what a Azelf can dish out and kill with with STAB shadow balls. It's does a good job at baiting random Heatrans to take thunder bolts too.

Salamence (Lala) @ Life orb

Mild/ Intinidate
44 att/ 252 spe/ 212 sp.a
- Draco meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire blast
- Outrage

Often wait until late game before I use him due to SR, the mixed and late game sweeper. Does a good job at killing common switch ins trying to counter it. I went with mild because I would rather have the power over speed. Not much ,pre to say about this one.

Scizor (Twinklewinkie) @ Life orb

Adamant/ Technician
32 hp/ 248 att/ 224 sp.d
- Brick break
- Bullet punch
- Swords dance
- U-turn

Yes, no choice band. I've tried it and this set has worked a lot better for me. Great at scouting counters with U turn then sending a Pokemon to deal with the problem. Furthermore it's great Pokemon to finish a game. Brick break over superpower because this set doesn't enjoy the drop in power. If it's able to set up, it's GG's. Sometimes he can set up on Pokemon stuck via choice scarf every now and then. Ev's seemed incorrect, changed to the standard SD Scizor.

Latias (Latias) @ Choice scarf

Timid/ Levitate
56 hp/ 252 sp.a/ 200 spe
- Draco meteor
- Grass knot
- Surf
- Thunder bolt

Like Salamence, she doesn't come out until she has too. Has proven itself to be a very useful revenge killer after a Gyra or Mence has gotten a DD off. Grass knot for Smarmperts who think it's a good idea to stay in for a ice beam, bolt for Gyra, surf for things like scarfed Heatran. Draco meteor for dragons and everyone else. Nature changed from modest to timid since +ve speed natured Mences will still out speed her after a DD. 200 speed Evs is enough to outspeed them so I put the rest into hp.

Suicune (Crystal) @ Leftovers

Bold/ Pressure
252hp/ 252 def/ 4sp.d
- Ice beam
- Surf
- Sleep talk
- Calm mind

The sleep absorber since the satus is very annoying. Due to its bulk I can switch in after a DD mence and kill them with ice beam. Also once I switch in on something I can set up on, after a calm mind or two it becomes a force in its own right. Sleep talk without rest, so it's not totally useless when it is aswell.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! :)

I wouldnt use a Choice Scarf Metagross lead; the point of a Metagross lead is to set up Rocks, be bulky, and pack a punch. As such, your lead would function much better with an Occa Berry of its own, or even a Shuca Berry if Earthquake is causing you problems. As such, the EVs should look like this:

252 Hp / 232 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe

These will make you very bulky, and still a force to be reckoned with on the offensive side. Replace Trick with Bullet Punch, I guarantee that your Metagross will start to perform better. But this looks like a good team to be honost, and as someone who rates OU teams often, its really nice to see a team where there are no major faults.

Anyway, good luck, and enjoy your stay at Smogon! :)

Thanks, yeah I had the lead set before this one, although the surprise value has paid off a lot. But I don't mind retrying that set though. Anyone else?

Sorry, just made some changes that I spotted after looking over my team. Fixed Latais Evs since she still got out speeded by DDmence with +ive speed natures. Also Scizor's Evs have been fixed to the standard SDzor set. My bad for the lack of detail before.

Alright, so feel free to make some comments :D

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Team is lucario weak. After a sd it can ko everything except salamence (who can only counter if hasnt switched inbefore) and maybe suicune (but surf won't ko luke). Simply changing rotom-h to a scarf set with over heat can help with the problem.

Good team, not much to say except that you are extremely sensitive to CMRaiku and CMrachi.
Thanks although do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?

More advice would help, since I can't pass 1400 with this team it seems :/

Hello user Hoenn. I stumbled upon your team today, so I figured I could take some time to give you some suggestions on fixing your team.

First, I would like to address some glaring team weaknesses that needs some immediate patching up. One of the main weaknesses I spot is to Swords Dance Lucario. Currently, your only Pokémon that aren't OHKOed after a boost are Salamence and Suicune. Salamence, being Stealth Rock weak, in an unreliable late game counter to Lucario. Lucario IS a threat to your team because of Latias, which, when locked into Draco Meteor, will give it ample opportunity to set up. Once Scizor goes down, you are also extremely weak against Latias, as everything else cannot take boosted Dragon Pulses, and your own Latias is not a worthwhile check.

The main problem I see with your team is a rather large weakness to Stealth Rock, stemming from the fact that none of your Pokemon (bar Suicune) have a form of recovery. For this reason, I think your team should focus on preventing Stealth Rock from being laid down.

For the above reason, I suggest you replace Metagross with the Anti-Lead Jirachi

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn / Trick
- Trick / Fire Punch

By running this set, you will have an easier time in preventing Stealth Rock as you can use Iron Head vs Azelf and Aerodactyl and cripple bulky leads with Trick, allowing the rest of the team to gain the momentum. Fire Punch allows you to switch into any Lucario and take them down.

Afterwards, I feel you need something that can set up on Pokémon likely to be switch into Jirachi. For this reason, I am going to suggest that you replace Suicune for Gyarados.

Gyarados @ Life Orb / Lefovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Bounce / Earthquake

Gyarados can easily set up on Ground- and Fire-type attacks aimed at Jirachi, making it easy to set up. The choice between Leftovers and Life Orb is up to you; it is mainly a question of power vs long term health. Also, I recommend a Jolly nature so you beat +Speed ScarfTran after a Dragon Dance.

Another minor suggestions is to replace your current Rotom-A with a Swords Dance Lucario of your own. Your team will appreciate something to take advantage of Latias's Pursuit weakness, so Swords Dance Lucario is a perfect Pokémon to fill that role. Currently, I do not see Rotom doing anything for your team except serving as a counter to Gyarados, which shouldn't be a problem for your team provided you manage to keep the offensive.

Also, give Latias Trick over Grass Knot. Draco Meteor and Thunderbolt deal a respectable amount of damage to Water-types as it is, making Grass Knot unnecessary.

That is all.

I would swap U-turn on Scizor for X-Scissor, that way you dont lose stat boosts. If you go with Flashstorm's ideas, I dont really see any glaring weaknesses.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)