SM OU Rate my OU team please (1463)

11111.png2222.png333333.png4444.pngtapu-lele.pngalakazam-mega.png
Most of my OU teams have been pretty decent, but one thing is always in common. They lose to Chansey + Skarmory stall every time. So I went into this team trying to build something that would beat both of them along with the rest of a stall team, and it ended up being pretty good in other categories, too. I still want to improve however I can, because this team isn't perfect. I have no un-grounded pokemon, so once Tangrowth dies, EQ runs through the rest of my team. Any feedback would be appreciated.

11111.png
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

This, along with Heatran, is my usual lead. It allows me to copy their lead, doing things like getting rocks up and u-turning out into something stronger. It's really good against regenerator Pokemon, especially Torn. It doesn't take super-effective rocks damage when it switches in. It's also my anti-sweeper because it can just copy them and then reverse sweep. It has a tendency to die really quickly because of it's low hp stat, though. And sometimes, it's kind of useless during games. But it is still vital to the team, considering this team has no hazard control and has to rely on Ditto copying something with defog.

2222.png

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Standard AV Tangrowth, does all the things that Tangrowth does well. It pairs very well with Ditto because you can switch into this back and forth and regenerator back to full hp. Note that this is my only ground resist, so it's very important. It also stops things like Koko, rain, and can kill Lando with HP ice.

333333.png
Zeraora @ Normalium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Giga Impact

Bulk up Zeraora is my answer to stall. Close Combat + Plasma fists solos Chansey and Skarmory, and bulk up lets me set up on a weak Pokemon for the sweep. I have Breakneck Blitz on there to kill things like Landorus and Gliscor after a few bulk ups. This mon can sweep pretty reliably, but it gets chipped down fast from hazards and residual damage. Occasionally volt absorb regains some hp, but the only time that's happening is if you switch in on a thunder wave. The plasma fists volt absorb combo sounds good on paper, but the only good normal type in OU is Lopunny. It will just high jump kick or switch because of CC.

4444.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is the glue keeping this entire team together. Without Tran, this team dies to Celesteela, Zard Y, Blacephalon, Lele, and pretty much every other special attacker that Tangrowth doesn't resist. The problem is that with no reliable recovery, after a knock off this thing has a limited number of times that it can come in. And it's not very threatening on it's own. But without it, the team would fall apart.

tapu-lele.png
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Part 1 of psyspam, specs Lele basically 2 shots every Pokemon in OU aside from mons like Celesteela and Heatran. It's there to set up psychic terrain for Zam, but it is extremely powerful on its own. And people mostly seem to expect scarf, so when you OHKO their Pokemon they have to rethink their strategy.

alakazam-mega.png
Alakazam-Mega (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Finally, this is the thing that wins me games. Mega Alakazam has such a high special attack stat, and after a calm mind + psychic terrain it probably beats every mon in OU 1v1. Trace is such a good ability, and you can do gimmicks with Ditto like double intimidate on Lando-T. Heatran also gets walled because of flash fire, and after a few calm minds earth power isn't doing anything to you. Focus miss sucks of course and that happens more than would be appreciated. But overall this is probably the MVP of my team.

Threats:
EQ Sweep - Nothing on my team is immune to it, so once Tangrowth dies they can click buttons as they please.
Heatran dying - A lot of things beat this team once Heatran dies.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-987093931
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-987097542

Any feedback I could get on this team would be appreciated. Thank you!

I have some questions- do you have any mon in particular that the team is centered around? This will help raters keep the team intact.

With this being an offensive team, you need a way to remove hazards. Relying on ditto isnt an efficient way of performing that function.

Also where are the replays of dismantling stall or beating down skarm/chansey?

I'm going to leave it at that; those were basic things I saw to start with. Maybe more experienced players inside OU can give more nuanced feedback.

TL;DR Identity purpose of team, get hazard remover.

Some things I noticed(I'm at 1450 btw).
The only real threats to Heatran is your MZam and only if it traces Flash Fire, which can be unreliable.
About your ditto, opponents can predict and kill with earth power.
Most Trans carry Magma Storm, so they can trap your MZam and kill it as they please.
There's also no safe switchins to Scarf Kartana, MZam is the only mon that outspeeds, but Knock Off ruins it, and while Tangrowth has decent Def, it dislikes losing it's AV.
Basically, your team gets dismantled by Heatran and Kartana.
EDIT:
After reviewing a little more, I suggest replacing Ditto with Tornadus.
Tornadus has keeps hazards off the field, mandatory for offensive team, and plus it forms a nice little Regen core with Tang.
It also relieves pressure off of Tang to switch into EQ

Pretty nice team, but the one thing I would definitely do is to run Earth Power On Tran, I can't stand to have tran without it since it can be completely walled by opposing heatrans without it and can do some thumping damage to them.

Pretty nice team, but the one thing I would definitely do is to run Earth Power On Tran, I can't stand to have tran without it since it can be completely walled by opposing heatrans without it and can do some thumping damage to them.
Some things I noticed(I'm at 1450 btw).
The only real threats to Heatran is your MZam and only if it traces Flash Fire, which can be unreliable.
About your ditto, opponents can predict and kill with earth power.
Most Trans carry Magma Storm, so they can trap your MZam and kill it as they please.
There's also no safe switchins to Scarf Kartana, MZam is the only mon that outspeeds, but Knock Off ruins it, and while Tangrowth has decent Def, it dislikes losing it's AV.
Basically, your team gets dismantled by Heatran and Kartana.
EDIT:
After reviewing a little more, I suggest replacing Ditto with Tornadus.
Tornadus has keeps hazards off the field, mandatory for offensive team, and plus it forms a nice little Regen core with Tang.
It also relieves pressure off of Tang to switch into EQ
Yeah, that would work.
Replace protect with earth power and tran is less of a problem to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)