SM OU rate my ou team plz

I know this team isn't the average smogon team, but I just wanted to build a team around black kyurem, my second favorite Pokemon, behind bulbasaur. so without further to do, let's get into it.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Head
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
I like using black kyurem to check Pokemon such as mimikyu,chansey, mega alakazam, garchomp, gliscor, tornadous, charizard x, zapdos, volcorona and maybe most important, landourous. I was wondering whether I could switch dragon claw out with outrage, so just let me know.
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
Obviously, not the most standard set. I like smogon's recommended set, but I tweaked it a lot. I just like having roost for reliable recovery and hp investments to Make up for it. however, either sets aren't effective against land so...???? I like this set, so I'm using it for now, but if you have any recommendations, please let me know and ill try it out. It is good against alakazam with 1 quiver dance, celesteela (this may be the only Pokemon on my team to counter one but idk), ferrathorn, greninja gyarados, kartana, kyurem, magearna, magnezone, mega mawile, mew, mega pincer, mega scizor, serperior, tangrowth, tapu bulu, and tyranitar. I basically like it because of having a good synergy with excadrill and zapdos, being able to resist ground type moves and electric type moves.
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- rock slide
Again, good synergy with volcarona, spinning away rocks, and trolling any charizards in it's path unaware that escadrille has rock slide. everyone thinks that toxic is good, but against other excadrill, zapdos, it really is inneffective. Also, I use it to remove heartran with earthquake. this set is good against many Pokemon in the tier, such as a bla, black kyurem, chansey, both charizards, heatran, peliper, rotom (because of mold breaker), creates ineffectiveness of skarmory, tyranitar, victimized, and topopex.
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Protect
My calm mind sweeper. I was debating over replacing it with mimikyu. I don't know. I really haven't used this set quite often.
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt
This is just to pick off threats to my team that could sweep, so this set is basically to get rid of the tapes, especially tapu bulu with rock slide, and find with its high defense and scald. I was also debating whether I should have replaced this guy with tyranitar. Again, this team is still in its building process.
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog
Finally, zapdos, my reliable excadrill switch in. Gets rid of celesteela easily, swampert, top, tor, fini, tangrowth, skarmory, serperior, scizor, pinsir, peliper, gyarados, mawile, magearna (maybe), kartana, and hawachula.
BTW, sorry my spelling is bad, Mac computers, am I right?

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey bulbasaurbaby, i just saw that your team didn't get a rate yet. So let me give you my opinions/ideas.

~~ First thoughts ~~

So it looks like a cool team and i respect you just for liking kyurem B (wonderful mon tho), but this team has some issues in terms of covering what the metagame runs and some other threats that we will talk later on. Also the sets, while are not the worst i saw, can get improved in order to maximize the potential of the team.

~~ Threats ~~

Clefable
. Clefable absolutly demolish this team, since after your opp see that you don't have iron head on excadrill, clefable can sit on the field and start setting up CM's till it wins.

Hazards. This whole team dislikes hazards either because the mons don't have a reliable way to recover, because it causes them a lot of damage or both of this.

Tornadus-T
. You have zapdos to check tornadus but being this one the only mon on your team that doesn't lose 1v1 to torn or takes a lot of dmg from it, makes it a trouble for the team since it can knock zapdos and pivot for an eternity on it.

Alakazam (Mega). M-Alakazam isn't as big of an issue since you have mons to deal with it, but it can still get out of control if you don't be careful.

Heatran
. While you have heatran checks and answers to it, on a long term it can be a problem since you are using an offensive fini abd hoopa doesn't have a way to recover.

~~ Minor Changes ~~

Excadrill. From focus sash
to leftovers and changing rock slide for iron head. This changes comes to make excadrill beat clefable and it to make excadrill have some sustain.

Kyurem-B. From scarf to Icium Z. Scarf kyurem is so unreliable and makes him struggle a lot in order to break teams (which is the main reason why you would use kyurem), and Z move kyurem is a big threat for almost every team since you have a nuke that kills legit any mon on the tier.

~~ Major Changes ~~
Volcarona
>
Victini
. I feel that on a team with this weakness to rocks, making it a little bit worse is always welcomed, and victini is also a threat for a lot of teams thanks to his amazing base power + movepool.

Tapu Fini >
Tapu Koko. Koko gives you a torn-T check which is cool but also gives you a fast pivot that also boost Kyurem-B fusion bolt.

Zapdos
>
Tornadus-T
. Tornadus-T gives you a faster pivot and (let's be honest) rn torn is the best defogger of the metagame.

~~ The team ~~

*click on the mons*
I hope you enjoy the team and any question that hou have about the team just let me know and i'll answer as fast as possible. :blobthumbsup::psyglad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)